Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

edit ***2015 Baseball Talk***

Texas Rangers

Regular season: Dead focking last in the American West (70-92)

Post season: Yea right.

Analysis: Lost our ace (Darvish) to Tommy John surgery. Already missing M. Perez and M. Harrison from the rotation - Derek Holland is the only thing positive about our starting staff. To make matters worse we have no real reliable left handed reliever out of the pen and our closer (N. Feliz) is a mental midget who hasn't played much baseball the past couple of years due to injuries... Our entire pitching staff is a cluster fock.

In the field we are pretty good defensively, however - we are really going to struggle to score runs. Outside of big Prince and Beltre - we have zero pop in the line up, and we have prolly the worse DH in the league (Moreland). I like Jeff Bannister but I'm afraid he's going to have a rocky road in his first full season as a new Manager.

Red Sox - 80-82 (3rd place AL East)

Not enough pitching to get it done. Transition year. Too many old guys on the downswing and the young guys aren't experienced enough to make a difference.

Cubs, 3rd NL central. 80-82

Not enough pitching and going to hope that one of the kids turns into a ML every day player.

2016 is a much different story though :banana:

Tigers. were world series bound baby....if we can get some relief help.

Mets 84-80

Pitching staff should be one of the best in the NL even after losing Wheeler for the season. Plenty of depth for them in the minors. But with the lack of bats and the fact that they're in the same division as the Nats (who are loaded) will keep them around a .500 ball club.

Edit: 84-78. 164 games in the original prediction, dumbass :doh:

Nats 101-61, which is actually conservative. Means nothing if they don't advance past the 1st round.

Yankees 96-66 first place AL east, WS champions

Tanaka 24-2 Al Cy young

A Rod 37-114-306 ba AL MVP

Betances 47 saves

Red Sox- last place, Sandoval DL - Fat

Cubs, 3rd NL central. 80-82

Not enough pitching and going to hope that one of the kids turns into a ML every day player.

2016 is a much different story though :banana:

But will they get their bathrooms up and running. :doh:

Minny Twins: 81 and 81

I know it's a stretch but what the hell. :banana:

But will they get their bathrooms up and running. :doh:

Minny Twins: 81 and 81

I know it's a stretch but what the hell. :banana:

The city alderman kept trying to pull a RP and insert politics into the renovations, got delayed quite a bit. I just wish they played the games at comiskey this year and finish it.

Anyone else have a problem with Opening day - actually being played at night? I mean seriously - a night game for the season opener? I think it sucks - to top it off, Texas is playing in Oakland - I will have a 10 p.m. Opening day start. :thumbsdown:

Red Sox - 80-82 (3rd place AL East)

Not enough pitching to get it done. Transition year. Too many old guys on the downswing and the young guys aren't experienced enough to make a difference.

Pretty much this, but I'm saying 81-81 :banana:

Tanaka is getting tommy john before the all star break

Texas Rangers

Regular season: Dead focking last in the American West (70-92)

Post season: Yea right.

Analysis: Lost our ace (Darvish) to Tommy John surgery. Already missing M. Perez and M. Harrison from the rotation - Derek Holland is the only thing positive about our starting staff. To make matters worse we have no real reliable left handed reliever out of the pen and our closer (N. Feliz) is a mental midget who hasn't played much baseball the past couple of years due to injuries... Our entire pitching staff is a cluster fock.

In the field we are pretty good defensively, however - we are really going to struggle to score runs. Outside of big Prince and Beltre - we have zero pop in the line up, and we have prolly the worse DH in the league (Moreland). I like Jeff Bannister but I'm afraid he's going to have a rocky road in his first full season as a new Manager.

Funny, I came in to say "DBacks - dead focking last in NL West."

Starting pitching is meh although young phenom Archie Bradley is one to watch. Bullpen was atrocious last year and should be again.

Hitting is Goldschmidt and a box of rocks. Paid a bunch of money to Cuban Yasmany Tomas to go be fat in the minors. I'm beginning to think that Tony Larussa is senile. :(

But... Wife and I are going to the game tonight. My daughter and a friend are going to the Ariana Grande concert next door at the Suns arena. Should be a focking zoo so we grabbed a hotel downtown and will crash there. :thumbsup:

Brewers...probably .500 or just below.

Just don't have the starting pitching.

What's the pulse on Doug Melvin - is he liked up there? I was sad to see him leave Texas.

Tigers 88-74, first in AL Central.

I still think they have enough starting pitching and a solid lineup to win the division. I think Chicago finishes a close second, then Cleveland, KC and Minnesota.

Big guys have to stay healthy and the bullpen needs to show improvement to go any further. Also, Aussmunch needs to get better at managing games.

What's the pulse on Doug Melvin - is he liked up there? I was sad to see him leave Texas.

I think there is some indifference.

Certainly not overly liked...nor really hated.

Though...honestly, Im not up there and don't follow Brewer's in the media throughout the year like I do the Packers and Badgers.

Royals: 80-82, 3rd place. Team has been relatively healthy the last two years... might be time for a regression in that area, and the division might be the toughest in baseball.

Phillies ... Ugh. I seriously see 70-92 as the ceiling for this garbage team. If they deal Hamels early in the year they might challenge for 100 losses.

Phillies ... Ugh. I seriously see 70-92 as the ceiling for this garbage team. If they deal Hamels early in the year they might challenge for 100 losses.

Even that might be a stretch for this years Phillies. I'm just glad the Cubs didn't hire Sandberg, would have been a PR nightmare to fire him.

Even that might be a stretch for this years Phillies. I'm just glad the Cubs didn't hire Sandberg, would have been a PR nightmare to fire him.

If I actually had to guess on a # of wins if say 68-94. It is very hard no matter how bad a team is to lose 100 games. But this team is dreadful no doubt about it.

Sandberg isn't the problem. The lack of any players is.

phillies...prognosis negative :(

well we always have the flyers sixers eagles

rocky :pointstosky:

phillies...prognosis negative :(

well we always have the flyers sixers eagles

rocky :pointstosky:

That's funny. Like when your wife takes off her top and shows her slinky t1ts funny. :thumbsup:

That's funny. Like when your wife takes off her top and shows her slinky t1ts funny. :thumbsup:

or like when you pull up to your secretary job in your volvo with eyeliner remnants from the emo show of the week the night before at union transfer funny :thumbsup:

excited for the start of the season....

think the giants will win about 85ish this year.
solid defense
slight improvement at the plate
average SP- 1 and 2 are excellent...3,4,5 have a lot to prove.
very good relievers
excellent manager.

i believe they can stay competitive, but fear the age of our SP's will hurt down the stretch. if they can sniff the playoff picture, they can be dangerous.

excited for the start of the season....

think the giants will win about 85ish this year.

solid defense

slight improvement at the plate

average SP- 1 and 2 are excellent...3,4,5 have a lot to prove.

very good relievers

excellent manager.

i believe they can stay competitive, but fear the age of our SP's will hurt down the stretch. if they can sniff the playoff picture, they can be dangerous.

Is your team the Giants?

Is your team the Giants?

yes!

or like when you pull up to your secretary job in your volvo with eyeliner remnants from the emo show of the week the night before at union transfer funny :thumbsup:

Or like when somebody who knows you as a loudmouthed keyboard muscles tool online finds out you're the fat, sweaty guy in elastic pants with a combover in real life. :thumbsup:

My prediction, they will tease me for 120 games, then disappoint.

Melvin sure likes the big swingers. I feel like this might be his last year unless the Brewers do something dramatic, he's in final year of contract and hasn't been extended. I think ownership is starting to wonder why the team can't develop major league pitching through the draft. You can't run a small market club without hitting on some of your higher prospects and for the most part, he keeps missing with pitching. Same problem he had in Texas, if I remember correctly.

My prediction, they will tease me for 120 games, then disappoint.

Melvin sure likes the big swingers.... You can't run a small market club without hitting on some of your higher prospects and for the most part, he keeps missing with pitching. Same problem he had in Texas, if I remember correctly.

You're pretty much dead on here. Melvin never had any pitching prospects turn out worth a damn. But he had the big bats and a hitting friendly park to get away with it I guess. He def is a class act though - maybe that's what I miss about him most.

Or like when somebody who knows you as a loudmouthed keyboard muscles tool online finds out you're the fat, sweaty guy in elastic pants with a combover in real life. :thumbsup:

sorry to burst ur fantasy kid. my pic was up in geek pic thread for a while. relax...take in the jose gonzalez show tonight

sorry to burst ur fantasy kid. my pic was up in geek pic thread for a while. relax...take in the jose gonzalez show tonight

My fantasy? I wouldn't even notice you if you isn't follow me around begging for my attention you focking dooshnozzle. Go take up hunting or some other activity that helps puzzies feel like tough guys. :wave:

My fantasy? I wouldn't even notice you if you isn't follow me around begging for my attention you focking dooshnozzle. Go take up hunting or some other activity that helps puzzies feel like tough guys. :wave:

Um, you were the first to follow him around in this thread begging for his attention. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Um, you were the first to follow him around in this thread begging for his attention. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ah the old "I specifically commented on your post immediately after you posted it and follow you around constantly but YOU are begging for MY attention!"

I've seen you use this Creeper logic before. Go stalk Rusty and Jose down the block, loser.