Sign in to follow this  
Artista

Donny Trump

Case in point :thumbsup:

lol. Trump is riding high in the polls going after the low intelligent voter.

I'll be voting for Trump. He had my vote the day he made his decision to run for president known based on what he said that day, and continues to say, is why I will vote for him.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I'll be voting for Trump. He had my vote the day he made his decision to run for president known based on what he said that day, and continues to say, is why I will vote for him.

Me too. I might change my vote in the general election though, not sure yet.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Like I said, Trump has a certain type of person he's aiming for.

Like I said, Trump has a certain type of person he's aiming for.

Gepetto should put that in his match.com profile:

30something balding stalker, prefers polos, Drakkar Noir, and Donald Trump

Imagine the tail he'll pull.

I think he is what he is. He's spending a sh*tload of his own money to get his point of view across. I don't know that he would do such a thing if he didn't believe it strongly. Whatever he is, a puppet is not one of them. It's funny calling such a plastic guy to be real and authentic, but that's how I see him.

I don't see him spending much of his own money. His interviews/stunts give him free exposure. He's paying for flights and a few buttons and banners. When he starts laying out for commercials then he's for real.

I don't see him spending much of his own money. His interviews/stunts give him free exposure. He's paying for flights and a few buttons and banners. When he starts laying out for commercials then he's for real.

In terms of political strategy I think he likely is not up to par with your standard politician in how they court various groups and give lip service. In terms of overall manipulation and strategic execution and approach I think he has a leg up, how he leverages media access and targets hot button items to draw people to him. Long term let's see how he moderates, let's see how he handles debates in particular where the skilled staff and polished politicians will be ready to hang him out to dry. That straight forward mantra may fall flat in a debate.

This whole Donald Trump thing fascinates me on multiple levels.

1. I cannot believe the amount of press he is getting. Sure he should get press but he is receiving more press than the other dozen other Candidates, including the Democrat side....combined. The more press, the more the public reads it, the more they talk about it. The tail wagging the dog.

2. I am a bit shocked at how well he is polling. I put zero credence in polls this early, but I'm still shocked none-the-less. Even given number 1 above.

3. I do worry about him running 3rd Party and pulling a Ross Perot.

With that said, he has zero shot to win the nomination, so I am not paying all that much attention. While he is a billionaire blowhard, the one silver lining I think we and other politicians should take away from Donald Trump is this: At least he doesn't bullshit us; what you see is what you get. We may think he's over the top, even vile. , We may disagree with him, but at least he tells it the way he thinks and feels it. I think that is resonating with some people who are tired of hearing circle jerk answers from the status quo politician. He's a jerk, but at least he has the balls to look you in the eye and answer your question truthfully. No matter how un-PC or even unpopular that may be.

Think about it. When somebody not in politics gives you a roundabout BS answer that is uber PC and leaves him an 'out' in case something goes wrong, what do we call that? We say "well that was answered like a true politician".

He's Sarah Palin without all the stupid. He will probably name a running mate sooner than normal so he can get more free pup and send whoever that is out there to say controversial stuff too. The media and the rest of us will pay attention

He's Sarah Palin without all the somewhat less stupid. He will probably name a running mate sooner than normal so he can get more free pup and send whoever that is out there to say controversial stuff too. The media and the rest of us will pay attention

Fixed

He's Sarah Palin without all the stupid. He will probably name a running mate sooner than normal so he can get more free pup and send whoever that is out there to say controversial stuff too. The media and the rest of us will pay attention

Normally, you don't name a running mate until you've locked up the nomination but 'normally' doesn't apply to Trump, so who knows.

We may disagree with him, but at least he tells it the way he thinks and feels it. I think that is resonating with some people who are tired of hearing circle jerk answers from the status quo politician. He's a jerk, but at least he has the balls to look you in the eye and answer your question truthfully. No matter how un-PC or even unpopular that may be.

Think about it. When somebody not in politics gives you a roundabout BS answer that is uber PC and leaves him an 'out' in case something goes wrong, what do we call that? We say "well that was answered like a true politician".

Sorry, but no. This is not at all how I'd like our President to act. Calling Mexicans rapists? Telling POWs that they're not heroes? Giving out personal cell numbers of anyone that disagrees with him?

It's disgraceful. I would expect my small town mayor to have more tact and diplomacy than that. Let alone the leader of the free world. Honesty, yes. Speaking like a four year-old who hasn't been taught respect or manners, no.

I can't even imagine what a guy like Trump would be like on the world stage. Meeting with presidents of other countries. They'd consider us to be a joke.

I can't even imagine what a guy like Trump would be like on the world stage. Meeting with presidents of other countries. They'd consider us to be a joke.

Talk about considering us to be a joke, not so long ago we had Bush going on the world stage to speak for us.

Sorry, but no. This is not at all how I'd like our President to act. Calling Mexicans rapists? Telling POWs that they're not heroes? Giving out personal cell numbers of anyone that disagrees with him?

It's disgraceful. I would expect my small town mayor to have more tact and diplomacy than that. Let alone the leader of the free world. Honesty, yes. Speaking like a four year-old who hasn't been taught respect or manners, no.

I never implied its why we should vote for him as POTUS. In fact I said he has "zero chance".

What I'm saying is, that a good portion of America likes that part of Trump and wishes more qualified and more tactful canidates would maybe not BS so much. People get tired of politics as usual, which is why guys like Trump or Perot or others tend to gain some traction.

Donald Trump woud be an awful president. He has zero shot to win the GOP nominaiton let alone the General Election. He's a pompous a-hole. BUT and this is the only true positive he has, and a reason he is polling well, at least he has the balls to say what he means.

Hillary Clinton for example. She's actually pretty well qualified (save for never governing anything). She's smart. She's "tactful" and knows how to stay within the PC lines. But even middle of the road Democrats I know don't trust a word what comes out of her mouth.

1. I cannot believe the amount of press he is getting. Sure he should get press but he is receiving more press than the other dozen other Candidates, including the Democrat side....combined. The more press, the more the public reads it, the more they talk about it. The tail wagging the dog.

2. I am a bit shocked at how well he is polling. I put zero credence in polls this early, but I'm still shocked none-the-less. Even given number 1 above.

3. I do worry about him running 3rd Party and pulling a Ross Perot.

With that said, he has zero shot to win the nomination, so I am not paying all that much attention. While he is a billionaire blowhard, the one silver lining I think we and other politicians should take away from Donald Trump is this: At least he doesn't bullshit us; what you see is what you get. We may think he's over the top, even vile. , We may disagree with him, but at least he tells it the way he thinks and feels it. I think that is resonating with some people who are tired of hearing circle jerk answers from the status quo politician. He's a jerk, but at least he has the balls to look you in the eye and answer your question truthfully. No matter how un-PC or even unpopular that may be.

I never implied its why we should vote for him as POTUS. In fact I said he has "zero chance".

What I'm saying is, that a good portion of America likes that part of Trump and wishes more qualified and more tactful canidates would maybe not BS so much. People get tired of politics as usual, which is why guys like Trump or Perot or others tend to gain some traction.

Donald Trump woud be an awful president. He has zero shot to win the GOP nominaiton let alone the General Election. He's a pompous a-hole. BUT and this is the only true positive he has, and a reason he is polling well, at least he has the balls to say what he means.

Awesome, he won't be president, he says arrogant, ignorant and completely wrong things and makes a mockery of the process, throws public tantrums...but he's telling us what we should feel, so we need more guys like him.

Seriously, is there anything on the right that you won't try to spin positively. KSB = GOP Turd Polisher.

Awesome, he won't be president, he says arrogant, ignorant and completely wrong things and makes a mockery of the process, throws public tantrums...but he's telling us what we should feel, so we need more guys like him.

Seriously, is there anything on the right that you won't try to spin positively. KSB = GOP Turd Polisher.

I telling you why he is resonating with a portion of the public and a large reason he is polling well.

A. He has name recognition

B. He is reasonating with some folks who like his "no BS and politics as usual" attitude.

Take it for what its worth.

Or even better, Trump vs Bernie.

I think its the Book of Revelations that talks about the "End of Days" and the end of earth. Does the bible mention anything about 2016 by chance? We may be getting close. :unsure:

Nobody is here at my work, so I'm bored. It's almost fantasy football season. So here is my Big Board Cheatsheet of POTUS contenders as I would vote for them as of today July 24th (I'm not counting people I barely know):

1. Rand Paul

2. John Kasich

3. Jeb Bush

4. Marco Rubio

5. Chris Christie

6. Lindsey Graham

7. Scott Walker

8. Jim Webb

9. Ted Cruz

10.Bobby Jindal

11. Ben Carson

12. Rick Perry

13. Hillary Clinton

14. Mike Huckabee

15. Rick Santorum

16. Martin O'Mally

17. Donald Trump

18. Bernie Sanders

Talk about considering us to be a joke, not so long ago we had Bush going on the world stage to speak for us.

Say what you will about Bush, but he was diplomatic. He came from a long line of diplomats. Trump is the drunk uncle.

Say what you will about Bush, but he was diplomatic. He came from a long line of diplomats. Trump is the drunk uncle.

Bush was Trump light IMHO. I think Bush was likely superior in that he understood politics to a level that he knew how to navigate the domestic and international landscape. I think Trump does not have this, and that lack of applicable political savvy seems very cool right now, but in practice i think it is a serious flaw...... JMHO

If I were Trump's advisor I would tell him to parcel out the crazy a little. The election is 16 months out and he's already calling immigrants rapists and killers and taking potshots at POWs. By this time next year he'll be taking a sh1t on camera for attention.

I'd be like "Slow it down big fella - it's a marathon not a sprint."

Yeah, who would put a guy like that in charge? It's preposterous. Oh, wait. The leader of the free world happens to be Putin.

Trump might be the only guy that could out alpha male that Russian d!ck.

Yeah, who would put a guy like that in charge? It's preposterous. Oh, wait. The leader of the free world happens to be Putin.

Trump might be the only guy that could out alpha male that Russian d!ck.

Putin isn't some pussie moron with a big mouth. He actually is an alpha male.

And even he was preferable to Trump.

Putin isn't some pussie moron with a big mouth. He actually is an alpha male.

Obama is an actual pussie moron. The entire world has been d!ck slapping him around for years. Even asswipe countries like North Korea.

Whether Trump might come across as bluffing, do you think that Putin might think twice before he invades more countries?

Obama is an actual pussie moron. The entire world has been d!ck slapping him around for years. Even asswipe countries like North Korea.

Whether Trump might come across as bluffing, do you think that Putin might think twice before he invades more countries?

Putin might look at the Trump and figure that he is just uncentered enough to so something stupid if another country is taken over......

GOP obsession with cack size and coming off like a tough guy. :rolleyes:

You know who talked real tough? GW Bush. And he was a clown who got rolled on the world stage for 8 years.

But at least he wore a flight suit and pretended to be a cowboy, am I right?

You know who talked real tough? GW Bush. And he was a clown who got rolled on the world stage for 8 years.

Cmon now, that's not fair. Everyone knows the prep schools of Kennebunkport Maine are where real cowboys come from.

As for myself, I prefer isolationism.

Unfortunately, Putin could turn into the next full blown Stalin and then he and China will just divy up the rest of the continents.

As for myself, I prefer isolationism.

Unfortunately, Putin could turn into the next full blown Stalin and then he and China will just divy up the rest of the continents.

I'm more or less and isolationist too. I think the US should have business partners, not allies. :dunno:

Just commenting on the GOP obsession with their candidates superficially coming off as alpha males regardless of how that actually plays out in practice.

The irony is that most of their recent candidates are draft dodging silver spoon fed country club Republicans. And their hero St. Ronnie Reagan would be vilified for negotiating with the enemy if he was around today.

I'll quote Marky Mark from the Departed: Just cause you play a tough guy doesn't mean you are one.

Donny's latest promise to you...... "I will build a wall on the south border and make the mexicans pay for it".

His poll #s are up even higher than before. This is great! :overhead:

Lolol. Cool shtick brah

Now ole Don is barring Iowa's largest paper from his let's make america 'great' again rally! Freedom of speech issues anyone? :crazy:

Now ole Don is barring Iowa's largest paper from his let's make america 'great' again rally! Freedom of speech issues anyone? :crazy:

They did call for him to step down from his run for president which IMO was out of line.

They did call for him to step down from his run for president which IMO was out of line.

Ok I guess. I didn't catch that as I came in on it in the middle of the broadcast on CNN. I didn't think you could ban press just because they are saying something you don't like/want to hear to spoil your rally. It's not like they are saying death to him or something which would really warrant them being tossed out. Maybe I'm missing something as I"m not fully paying attention to the news nowadays like I was not long ago. :)

Bush was Trump light IMHO. I think Bush was likely superior in that he understood politics to a level that he knew how to navigate the domestic and international landscape. I think Trump does not have this, and that lack of applicable political savvy seems very cool right now, but in practice i think it is a serious flaw...... JMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Y_ncOVlDw

Now, I can't actually see this youtube clip, but I believe this is the one I was looking for.

lol. Trump is riding high in the polls going after the low intelligent voter.

Trump is riding high because he brought reality TV to politics. Obama used this effectively the last two elections. You have limited TV time with the public, you want to Stand out as an interesting guy. Trumps stances aren't necessarily intelligent vs not. I don't think anyone takes them seriously from a literal point. But if there was a debate tonight, people would be most tuned in to what trump is going to come up with.

Trump is riding high because he brought reality TV to politics. Obama used this effectively the last two elections. You have limited TV time with the public, you want to Stand out as an interesting guy. Trumps stances aren't necessarily intelligent vs not. I don't think anyone takes them seriously from a literal point. But if there was a debate tonight, people would be most tuned in to what trump is going to come up with.

I think a whole lot of people are taking his stance on immigration seriously