Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Bring on the oscar controversy

No actors from black panther nominated.

Crazy rich asians completely snubbed.

Damm oscar folks....still not by giving out those automatics. Hope Leslie Jones has some input into this tragedy

You are so sensitive that you are complaining about people that have not complained yet, just because you think they will complain.

• Like 1

You are so sensitive that you are complaining about people that have not complained yet, just because you think they will complain.

Had to read this twice...🤔

I'm not complaining. But yeah I'm expecting to see complaining. And I hope I'm wrong

No, I think he is just getting ahead of making fun of people for being mind-numbingly stupid about these situations. We could wait, but its more fun to start before they do.

Green Book is winning, book it. Was Black Panther better than any of those other comic book movies?

Melissa McCarthy for best Actress? I have a bunch of film watching to do.

She was good in Tommy boy.. :dunno:

• Like 1

People still watch and care about the Oscars?

Beginning this year, the Oscars are now called the Olivia's. Instead of a statue of a naked man, it's a completely gender-neutral lump of shiit.

On second thought, they should have called them the Rosies.

Beginning this year, the Oscars are now called the Olivia's. Instead of a statue of a naked man, it's a completely gender-neutral lump of shiit.

On second thought, they should have called them the Rosies.

Shouldn't we call them the "Pats" then?

Shouldn't we call them the "Pats" then?

:thumbsup:

Great, now I have the "It's Just Pat" song stuck in my head.

At least the race riots were temporarily averted by Black Panther getting best picture nomination.

At least the race riots were temporarily averted by Black Panther getting best picture nomination.

Right, ...."appease us or there will be violence".....and challenging that is racist? Those fockers are truly insane.

There's still a good chance for cries of RACISM!!!! if the super hero movie doesn't win it though.

Green Book is winning, book it. Was Black Panther better than any of those other comic book movies?

Yea it was a good as the other highly regarded marvel movies sure. I guess arguably better, but it was up to par at least.

There's still a good chance for cries of RACISM!!!! if the super hero movie doesn't win it though.

3 of the Bp nominees are racially charged, I think their bases are covered.

It would be awesome if Spike Lee wins best director. I'm sure his acceptance speech will be all about different races getting along, and won't say anything negative about white people.

The academy tried to make some bullshit new category something like most popular movie or something like that. Just to give Black panther an award. But even liberal Hollywood had to push back on that one.

The thing is, even if they got rid of winners and losers, and just celebrated all of the nominees equally? You don't for damn sure they would still be biitching about movies that weren't named as nominees.

By the way, have been hearing the green book really wasn't that good of a movie or very well done across the board.

It would be awesome if Spike Lee wins best director. I'm sure his acceptance speech will be all about different races getting along, and won't say anything negative about white people.

I mean, yea that’s exactly what it would be about and of course he wouldn’t say anything negative about white people at the oscars.

I mean, yea that’s exactly what it would be about and of course he wouldn’t say anything negative about white people at the oscars.

I have my doubts. Making white people the source of problems is the "in" thing to do right now.

Until they add trophies for X gender, the Oscars are a sham.

I didnt even like black panther all that much. It was ok sure.

Crazy rich asians was utterly horrible

Crazy rich asians was utterly horrible

How could it be anything but?

I could definitely read that book by it's cover

There wasn't any great acting in Black Panther

we call it blacting.

GET WOKE SON!

I have my doubts. Making white people the source of problems is the "in" thing to do right now.

Hell, Spike Lee was a pioneer in that shuit. He should win some sort of vanguard award.

There wasn't any great acting in Black Panther

Doesn't matter, have to placate and appease those with the inferiority complex.

What will happen if the mexican best picture/director/actresses all win awards instead of the black nominees?

#oscarssobrown!

Fair...But when the wife wants to see movies--there are times to give in and just suffer through. I've seen some chick flicks that were at least watchable, and after the insane amount of hype this one got and the box office success I thought maybe...but no...Big fat holy hell no...

Nailed it.

Spike Lee has gotten the shaft, IMO. But it has come from totally racist Hollywood, so no one really talks about it. His speech, if he gives one, should not go outside the confines of Hollywood.

Absolutely bombed in Asia.

It's like I've always said. Asian, African, Mexican Americans I entirely different species than just plain old Asians or blacks or Mexicans. With you don't think so, listen to Trevor Noah talk about Africans vs. African Americans. He does a pretty good take on it.

In short, African Americans complain that their basic human rights violation of not being able to get a cab after midnight in Manhattan is an outrage. Africans? They aim a little lower.

And, for the record, I'm including India as asian-americans. They're obviously different countries in Asia are entirely different animals.