Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Shout out to your unlikely heros carrying your team

Before Watson went down, it was Will Fuller.

That guy was putting up Beckham-esque numbers in Weeks 5 through 8 with Watson.

Amazing that the most explosive offense in the NFL can be derailed by a putrid QB named Tom Savage. Would have been better for them if they had started "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and he's dead....

Savage had a good arm as he was a catcher in the the minors for the reds organization

But Mr perfect would have made a better fantasy qb....I once saw him throw a 50 yard bomb to himself at the vikings practice facility ....there was no defense out there but still...can u imagine him launching a TD pass to himself in ppr for 50 yards?!?!

That would be perfect.

Savage had a good arm as he was a catcher in the the minors for the reds organization

But Mr perfect would have made a better fantasy qb....I once saw him throw a 50 yard bomb to himself at the vikings practice facility ....there was no defense out there but still...can u imagine him launching a TD pass to himself in ppr for 50 yards?!?!

Well, it better be a tipped pass else it would be called back.

Well, it better be a tipped pass else it would be called back.

I think if the QB is in the shotgun, it might be legal. Best as I can tell, it would be a legal forward pass, as a QB under center isn't an eligible receiver, but anyone more than 1 yd behind the LOS is eligible.

From the NFL rulebook:

A forward pass may be touched or caught by any eligible receiver. All members of the defensive team are eligible. Eligible receivers on the offensive team are players on either end of line (other than center, guard, or tackle) or players at least one yard behind the line at the snap. A T-formation quarterback is not eligible to receive a forward pass during a play from scrimmage.

Any eligible offensive player may catch a forward pass. If a pass is touched by one eligible offensive player and touched or caught by a second offensive player, pass completion is legal. Further, all offensive players become eligible once a pass is touched by an eligible receiver or any defensive player.

I think if the QB is in the shotgun, it might be legal. Best as I can tell, it would be a legal forward pass, as a QB under center isn't an eligible receiver, but anyone more than 1 yd behind the LOS is eligible.

From the NFL rulebook:

A forward pass may be touched or caught by any eligible receiver. All members of the defensive team are eligible. Eligible receivers on the offensive team are players on either end of line (other than center, guard, or tackle) or players at least one yard behind the line at the snap. A T-formation quarterback is not eligible to receive a forward pass during a play from scrimmage.

Any eligible offensive player may catch a forward pass. If a pass is touched by one eligible offensive player and touched or caught by a second offensive player, pass completion is legal. Further, all offensive players become eligible once a pass is touched by an eligible receiver or any defensive player.

Oh. Is that what they mean by T formation? Under center? I always thought that was more about the RB setup in the backfield.

Interesting. I bet if in game this happened, all hell would break loose. I so wanna see it now.

When did shotgun first appear in the league?

Oh. Is that what they mean by T formation? Under center? I always thought that was more about the RB setup in the backfield.

Interesting. I bet if in game this happened, all hell would break loose. I so wanna see it now.

When did shotgun first appear in the league?

According to Wiki (the font of all knowledge), shotgun was first used by the Niners in 59/60, then used more by the Chiefs and Cowboys in the next couple of decades.

"T-formation" is used very generically now--there are all kinds of variations. Pistol and I-formation are technically variations of the T. The actual original T is really just used in goalline or short yardage these days--QB with three backs behind him. The NFL rules just use that term to refer to 'under center QB' anymore, doesn't really matter who's behind him. The line in front and 5 wides, if the QB was under center, would be a T-formation.

I know this is fake, but something like this would be cool to see in a game:

According to Wiki (the font of all knowledge), shotgun was first used by the Niners in 59/60, then used more by the Chiefs and Cowboys in the next couple of decades.

"T-formation" is used very generically now--there are all kinds of variations. Pistol and I-formation are technically variations of the T. The actual original T is really just used in goalline or short yardage these days--QB with three backs behind him. The NFL rules just use that term to refer to 'under center QB' anymore, doesn't really matter who's behind him. The line in front and 5 wides, if the QB was under center, would be a T-formation.

I know this is fake, but something like this would be cool to see in a game:

Thats great. Even if it were a 5 yard pass for a first down I would freak out. And so would the opposing coaches and broadcasters. ☺

Thats great. Even if it were a 5 yard pass for a first down I would freak out. And so would the opposing coaches and broadcasters. ☺

It would be another way to tell the good from bad sportscasters.

Boomer Esiason would complain about it for sure. "That's not the way you're supposed to do it!" But Collinsworth and Michaels would love it. :)

Robert Fockin Woods

A focking men! I've only startedhim 4 times, but he's flat out won me 2 weeks and has been solid the other 2

Greg the leg is pretty awsome

Never have I had a kicker that constantly gives you a 5-10 point advantage over your opponent week in and week out.

Never have I had a kicker that constantly gives you a 5-10 point advantage over your opponent week in and week out.

With you man, needed points somewhere and the leg provides...

Praise the lord baby Jesus. Made a trade today for Ingram and he paved the way for success on my squad. 3 TDs from him in one league and 3 in my other league from DeMarco Murray.

Mark Ingram, Evan Engram and Will Fuller (for a couple weeks there). My first three picks were Julio, Amari and Dez and they've not been doing their part for most of the year. I am somehow 8 - 2. Oh, and I lost Rodgers but had scooped Alex Smith two weeks before to cover ARs BYE. Had to stream a couple times with Dalton and he's been OK in relief. And a special shout out to McKinnon . . . grabbed him from waivers to play over shitty CJAnderson and he came through with a couple 20+ pointers. What a year! :dunno:

Dak, McKinnon, and to a lesser extent Robert Woods...

Damn... sorry to downplay you Robert... you may reach PatteRn status

Well it WAS Hunt and Watson.......Watson injury was horrible, Hunt hasn't done anything for a while, and now I hope it's Kamara continuing to do his thing. Just hope Payton doesn't continue to gravy train Ingram too much in the red zone.

[dynasty] Late last season during playoff race I needed a WR and was deciding between Thielen and Bobby Anderson, went Anderson and while Thielen has been great, Anderson was been playing like a solid WR2 down this stretch. Unsung hero during the bye week massacres of 9,10,11

Don't really have any one person carrying my team they all just sorta take turns covering for each other's crappy games. If I had to pick one guy though it's probably Gurley since he's been the most consistent. Although I'm not sure he counts as unexpected.

Me again. I had Evans, Hunt, Kelce, Wentz, and Crabtree out this week. I picked up Robby Anderson and Vernon Davis (they helped ☺ ), and backup QB Cousins and pulled it out this week. Oops, forgot backup Duke Johnson.... Woohoo.