Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Who ya buyin and who ya selling

Anyone buying Reggie Bush? One of the most intriguing candidates for next year imo. Closed out the season with 4 100 yard games. Rushed for 5.0 ypc. Closed to 1,400 total yards and 6 tds.

Anyone buying Reggie Bush? One of the most intriguing candidates for next year imo. Closed out the season with 4 100 yard games. Rushed for 5.0 ypc. Closed to 1,400 total yards and 6 tds.

I'm a phins fan so I saw tons of Reggie last year. At some point in the second half of the year somebody finally taught him to hit the guy trying to tackle him before he got hit, and that made all the difference in the world. Before then, in his career the first guy to breathe on him brought him down. If he continues to play this way I think he can keep up what he did last year.

Also, he will be the only proven veteran to lineup on offense for us with a new system. I think/hope the coaches use him as the centerpiece for delivering their scheme.

Buying: Titus Young, Kenny Britt, Julio Jones, Randel Cobb, Eric Decker, Steven Ridley (more a hunch) CJ2K, Rivers, Freeman (In deeper leagues) Jared Cook, Tamme, hernandez

Selling: Gronk, Reggie Bush, Jordy Nelson, Cruz, Peyton, MJD, Brese,

thats all I got for now..

I'm a phins fan so I saw tons of Reggie last year. At some point in the second half of the year somebody finally taught him to hit the guy trying to tackle him before he got hit, and that made all the difference in the world. Before then, in his career the first guy to breathe on him brought him down. If he continues to play this way I think he can keep up what he did last year.

Also, he will be the only proven veteran to lineup on offense for us with a new system. I think/hope the coaches use him as the centerpiece for delivering their scheme.

Thanks. I didn't have a chance to watch him in action much last year. Checking out some of his 2011 highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrrB7u1fxVo&feature=related

Buying: Titus Young, Kenny Britt, Julio Jones, Randel Cobb, Eric Decker, Steven Ridley (more a hunch) CJ2K, Rivers, Freeman (In deeper leagues) Jared Cook, Tamme, hernandez

Totally agree on Titus Young. 4 tds last 4 games of the season. Burleson is either gone or 100 by now. Really like Julio, Hernandez and Cook too. Denarious Moore is another one if he can stay healthy.

You have something against up and coming talent?

Just guessing but I think the worry is that Nelson/Cruz might be one year wonders to a certain degree or that they over acheived fantasy wise last year and certainly won't catch anyone by suprise this year.

Not that I agree with that necessarily but I think that's the concern.

Gronk maybe ankle or that fact that he might not be worth a second round pick with Hernandez/Welker/Llyod there.

I'd like to hear thoughts on the rest. Peyton I am certainly not buying. Injury, new system, age, ect

Brees I might want to buy Brady or Stafford over but that's about it and Stafford can certainly be seen as preach.

Reggie intrigues me. I think he might build upon last year but I'm undecided.

Totally agree on Titus Young. 4 tds last 4 games of the season. Burleson is either gone or 100 by now. Really like Julio, Hernandez and Cook too. Denarious Moore is another one if he can stay healthy.

I like Moore as well. Also buying Cam, Hillis (yep), Harvin, A. Hernandez, D. Thomas, V. Davis, & Wells.

Selling Gronk, Graham, S. Smith, Finley, Forte, & the entire Cleveland roster.

i don't know how you'd buy cam newton, he'd be way too expensive in my leagues. I don't know who'd sell Kenny Britt either as he is all-world when he plays and everyone knows that. Maybe it's because I'm thinking from long term/dynasty point of view. Anyway, here are top-of-mind sells:

MJD

F.Gore

S.Jackson

M.Lynch

M.Turner

S.Greene

W.McGahee

R.White

M.Colston

V.Jackson

PHI D.Jackson

J.Witten

A.Gates

I am talking specifically Dynasty.

I've been buying low on:

Brandon LaFell. He's cheap to get and Naanee looks to be on his way out.

Andre Roberts - He costs next to nothing. He is probably even a FA in some leagues. If Arizona can get a QB, he has a ton of upside.

Roddy White - Some owners down on him, and Julio on the rise, but he could have a couple more elite seasons. In some leagues he is undervalued and some he is overvalued. I was fortunate to get him for a 2013 1st round rookie pick.

Kyle Rudolph - I was able to get him as a throw in on a multi-stud trade. Another player with all the tools if the Vikes can figure out the QB situation.

Ben Tate - Lot's of talent, waiting for a role. He may get traded.

I have been selling high on:

Gronk. I love him, but so does most everyone else and he is way overvalued right now.

Sproles - Was leaning on keeping him, but now I have decided to shop him. He has such a small frame. Can he continue to produce at that level and stay healthy? His value has certainly never been higher.

Steve Smith (Carolina) - Coming off a great season. His value will likely never be this high again.

Victor Cruz - Lots of man love going around for him. He isn't in the same class as Nicks.

You all can buy into what you want. No QB, No Marshall, And every year he gets hurt. He can't and never will be able to carry a team. Not worthy to touch in the first three rounds of any draft

You all can buy into what you want. No QB, No Marshall, And every year he gets hurt. He can't and never will be able to carry a team. Not worthy to touch in the first three rounds of any draft

Good point on Marshall. I hadn't really factored that in. Can't really argue with 4 100 yard games to close out last year though. It seems like something clicked for him.

For sure not in the first 3 rounds. As an rb 2/3 in the 4th/5th he could be worth it though. He's currently the 44th player of the board at fantasy football calculator near Trent R and Beanie Wells.

Still undecided and obviously figuring out my strategy and targets for next year.

I definetly do not! the Idea behind selling high for me is to move guys who I believe have peaked. If you look at my list most of my sells are guys who had IMO carrer years. Obviously of that list I will miss a couple and last year will be the norm for years to come but take Gronk, nelson or Cruz for instance, How many people really believe they will repeat those stat lines :dunno: Nelson was scoring a TD evey 5.5 catches (or somthing very close to that) can he repeat that?

I'm not saying my list is perfect but I am predicting more then half my sells will score lower points in the next 1-3 years.. I can also predict that my list includes guys who I can get TOP end tallent or picks for that I feel more safe rolling with in the future

I would hope that nobody here picks him in the first three rounds of a draft.

Having said that, Reggie only missed one game last year, he posted the best numbers across the board for his entire career(Tied his highest total in tds) which nobody believed he would do. Without him carrying the load down the stretch and performing at a high level, Miami never gets those 6 wins. We won every game he scored a rushing touchdown in. He carried Miami to win games while Marshall dropped tds and stumbled out of bounds to ensure several losses.

Just curious - How can you be down on Peyton Manning, and be very high on 2 of his top 3 targets? Do you have faith in Caleb Hanie or something?

If Tamme and Decker have big years, D. Thomas should have a big year, and Dreesen can be productive...how in the world can their QB have a down year?

I would have to disagree with who you are selling. I think they are all set to have good years.

I would have to disagree with who you are selling. I think they are all set to have good years.

Good years yes, I agree they are all top end players but I am guessing that more then half my sells have worse years then most people are expecting.. hense my recomendation to sell..

you cant pick say: Mike Crabtree and say sell. no one will give you anything for him.. now Jordy Nelson will have guys drooling over his stat line from last year and I hope to/and have gotten more then I precieve him to be worth for 2012.

Just curious - How can you be down on Peyton Manning, and be very high on 2 of his top 3 targets? Do you have faith in Caleb Hanie or something?

If Tamme and Decker have big years, D. Thomas should have a big year, and Dreesen can be productive...how in the world can their QB have a down year?

Peyton is a borderline sell for me and here is why, I think alot of people are getting excited for the comeback of manning and forgeting he has taken a year off and is coming back from a very serious rehab program

also though he will almost certanly have control over the play calling he is still "learing" a new offence..

I see him being down from his recent stats while in Indy whereas Tamme and decker stand to improve theres, obviously Peyton is a QB that makes average recievers into fantasy studs,

Im not saying dump peyton asap, but if you find a owner who expects top 5 production then I think you should consider selling..

Peyton is a borderline sell for me and here is why, I think alot of people are getting excited for the comeback of manning and forgeting he has taken a year off and is coming back from a very serious rehab program

also though he will almost certanly have control over the play calling he is still "learing" a new offence..

I see him being down from his recent stats while in Indy whereas Tamme and decker stand to improve theres, obviously Peyton is a QB that makes average recievers into fantasy studs,

Im not saying dump peyton asap, but if you find a owner who expects top 5 production then I think you should consider selling..

Just throwing these numbers out there (without any research):

-I'm guessing Decker will be the 16th-25th WR off the board.

-I'm guessing Tamme will be the 8th-12th TE off the board.

-I'm guessing Manning will be the 5th-10th QB off the board.

If you like Decker's/Tamme's respective values, you HAVE TO like Manning's value.

Manning won't be learning a new offense. He'll be teaching his system to the guys in Denver. Yes, he's taken a year off. But many reports suggest that his arm strength has been bothering him for years because of his injury. Nobody works harder than Peyton. NOBODY WORKS HARDER THAN PEYTON. He's already installing his offense, and getting his targets up-to-speed with his system. I have no doubts that Manning will be ready come September.

I understand people will have reservations about drafting Manning. But it only makes sense that those same people have reservations about his #2 and 3 targets, who arguably lack the talent to be productive without an elite QB.

There are plenty of reasons to be 'down' on Peyton but be willing to take a chance on his te/wrs.

As much as we all might love Peyton it would be foolish not to acknowledge the year off, age, possible injury risk, possible skill decline/arm strength decline, new weapons to be acquainted with, and seemingly very difficult schedule.

Further there is more of an opportunity cost if you 'whiff' on Manning and could have had a Romo/Eli/Ryan/Vick-take your pick-instead. You aren't going to find one of those guys on the waiver wire.

Now if you miss on Tamme or Decker there are going to be plenty of waiver wire options that might equal their production. The opportunity loss isn't the same.

Personally the qbs, that I both think come with an* next to them are Vick and Manning, one b/c he has shown a history of missing time and the other for the reasons mentioned above. Sure anyone can get injured or have a down year, cough Rivers cough, but it would be foolish not to acknowledge the extra risk-even if there is extra upside. Peyton is as good a bet as anyone to finish top 5 but at this point he's still a bit of a wild card. A year away from one of the most fast paced brutal games is still a year away from the game.

To finish my argument with a terrible analogy. For next year's fantasy draft it's perfectly fine, imo, to be 'down' on Peyton but willing to take a chance on Tamme/Decker/Thomas ect the same as one might be 'down' on Alex Smith but willing to take a chance on Vernon Davis.

There are plenty of reasons to be 'down' on Peyton but be willing to take a chance on his te/wrs.

As much as we all might love Peyton it would be foolish not to acknowledge the year off, age, possible injury risk, possible skill decline/arm strength decline, new weapons to be acquainted with, and seemingly very difficult schedule.

Further there is more of an opportunity cost if you 'whiff' on Manning and could have had a Romo/Eli/Ryan/Vick-take your pick-instead. You aren't going to find one of those guys on the waiver wire.

Now if you miss on Tamme or Decker there are going to be plenty of waiver wire options that might equal their production. The opportunity loss isn't the same.

Personally the qbs, that I both think come with an* next to them are Vick and Manning, one b/c he has shown a history of missing time and the other for the reasons mentioned above. Sure anyone can get injured or have a down year, cough Rivers cough, but it would be foolish not to acknowledge the extra risk-even if there is extra upside. Peyton is as good a bet as anyone to finish top 5 but at this point he's still a bit of a wild card. A year away from one of the most fast paced brutal games is still a year away from the game.

To finish my argument with a terrible analogy. For next year's fantasy draft it's perfectly fine, imo, to be 'down' on Peyton but willing to take a chance on Tamme/Decker/Thomas ect the same as one might be 'down' on Alex Smith but willing to take a chance on Vernon Davis.

:cheers:

Depending on how preseason looks, I am strongly considering taking Jake Locker as my #2 QB.

If Britt is healthy and CJ looks good in preseason, that is great. Jared Cook is there, as is Nate Washington. Then add Kendall Wright, and the 6' 6" 285 pound TE that runs a 4.5 we just took. (They are talking about running 3 TE sets now).

And Locker has a cannon, and some silly good wheels for a white boy.

He could put up stupid numbers. Matchup problems all over the field and a mobile QB could be something special.

I have been buying Torrey Smith in Baltimore. Right now, he can be had relatively cheap.

Another guy I have been buying is Antonio Brown. When I make my offers for him, I like to remind the other owner that Sanders will be back and healthy in 2012. I don't think that matters at all, but it seems to work. :)

Leonard Hankerson is the 3rd guy I've picked up for next to nothing in all my leagues. These are dynasty leagues, so I am playing the trade and hold game. I believe Hankerson was the steal of the draft last season and will be a Brandon Marshall type player for Washington. I could be way off base, but I am not giving up much to get him.

Reggie Wayne: People are willing to trade him because of his age and the new QB. I suspect the Colts will be trailing often and he will rack up a lot of garbage time receptions and yards, making him starter worthy each week.

None of these 4 are world beaters, but all could be legit WR2's in 2012 or 2013. Good time to buy them. Wayne may only have one year left, so be sure to point that out to the owner you are trying to trade with.

As for selling:

I've dumped Mike Wallace and Matt Forte in all my leagues. I love Wallace, but down the stretch last season he looked more like a low end WR2 that someone paid a WR1 price for. If he holds out, you can expect the same. Forte will lose some carries to Bush, but his holdout is more concerning. You can still get the RB1 price for a guy I now see as a RB2. If he holds out, he will have no value at all as we know how RB's that hold out perform.

I have been buying Torrey Smith in Baltimore. Right now, he can be had relatively cheap.

Another guy I have been buying is Antonio Brown. When I make my offers for him, I like to remind the other owner that Sanders will be back and healthy in 2012. I don't think that matters at all, but it seems to work. :)

Leonard Hankerson is the 3rd guy I've picked up for next to nothing in all my leagues. These are dynasty leagues, so I am playing the trade and hold game. I believe Hankerson was the steal of the draft last season and will be a Brandon Marshall type player for Washington. I could be way off base, but I am not giving up much to get him.

Reggie Wayne: People are willing to trade him because of his age and the new QB. I suspect the Colts will be trailing often and he will rack up a lot of garbage time receptions and yards, making him starter worthy each week.

None of these 4 are world beaters, but all could be legit WR2's in 2012 or 2013. Good time to buy them. Wayne may only have one year left, so be sure to point that out to the owner you are trying to trade with.

As for selling:

I've dumped Mike Wallace and Matt Forte in all my leagues. I love Wallace, but down the stretch last season he looked more like a low end WR2 that someone paid a WR1 price for. If he holds out, you can expect the same. Forte will lose some carries to Bush, but his holdout is more concerning. You can still get the RB1 price for a guy I now see as a RB2. If he holds out, he will have no value at all as we know how RB's that hold out perform.

I'm with you Cara, already been a buyer on Antonio Brown and am getting convinced about Torrey Smith as well, especially after the way he abused the Steelers last year. He was raw but you could see it starting to come together toward the end of the season. Flacco throws a pretty good deep ball as well, so like you, I think he's on the upswing. Hankerson is one I'm going to keep in mind as well, nice work Cara.

I've dumped Mike Wallace and Matt Forte in all my leagues.

Are you saying that Forte will bust Cara?

;)

just completed a trade: two of my "sells" for two of my "Buys"

this is a 16team dynasty league PPR, IDP

I give: Mark Sanchez, Jordy Nelson, 2.14

I get: Andy Dalton, Titus Young and Curtis Loftin (top 15 LB last year) and 3.11

Was tough giving up on Nelson as he was a buy low for me last year (grabbed him in 3 dynastys) but I see his last off season as very simular to Titus this year. I do expect to be short a few points from the WR spot but I also think its very possible Sanchez is out of a job by mid season also! Just dont like the risk (even from my back-up)

I get: Andy Dalton, Titus Young and Curtis Loftin (top 15 LB last year) and 3.11

Was tough giving up on Nelson as he was a buy low for me last year (grabbed him in 3 dynastys) but I see his last off season as very simular to Titus this year. I do expect to be short a few points from the WR spot but I also think its very possible Sanchez is out of a job by mid season also! Just dont like the risk (even from my back-up)

I like this trade for several reasons. With Megatron commanding double teams this upcoming season, Titus Young is gonna be huge in Detroit. He really turned it on in the final weeks of the season so he's poised to make an every week impact.

With Green & Gresham in fold & the Bengals drafting both Sanu & Jones last weekend, Dalton has the potential to be a #1 QB in fantasy leagues next year. I think with his rookie season under his belt, Gruden is gonna let Dalton make some more plays in the offense he runs.

Lofton signed with the Saints to fill in with for the soon to be suspended Vilma, so you got a starting MLB included in the trade? That's fantasy gold in a 16-teamer league!

I'm not saying Jordy isn't talented enough, but last season is gonna be tough to duplicate unless he gets more receptions or an injury happens to Jennings to make him a #1 WR.

Sanchez just blows.... That's my analysis on that worthless turd.

Nice move on your part 420.

I can't say I really understand this trade. It is definitely risky. You weakened your WR's and STARTING lineup to upgrade your backup QB? Or is Dalton your starter? Jordy Nelson won't likely score 15 TD's again, but he's still got Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball. Even if you give him only 8 TD's last year, he still finishes as a top 7 WR in PPR leagues. I like Titus Young, but I think it would be optimistic to rank him as a top 30 WR this upcoming season. Just my opinion. :dunno:

Yep! No Marshall and a rookie QB....(Tanninhill) They will be pressed to run a lot....

Bush gets hurt!

D.Thomas can develope...I will buy this kid "CHEAP" in all leagues this year!

Millar is a work...

Not understanding why the "sell" on Nelson. The Packers are waffling on whether Driver is coming back, Finley is healthy and defenses still have to focus on Jennings. What's not to like?

one too many downgrades for my taste. not sure titus will ever get the difference-making # of targets with megatron, pettigrew, whoever at RB and maybe broyles if he plays the slot. I think I'd like it more without the almost full round of a draft pick downgrade.

Not understanding why the "sell" on Nelson. The Packers are waffling on whether Driver is coming back, Finley is healthy and defenses still have to focus on Jennings. What's not to like?

Its not a "sell" at any price because he will suck, it is a "he is overvalued, get something great for him" kinda sell.

one too many downgrades for my taste. not sure titus will ever get the difference-making # of targets with megatron, pettigrew, whoever at RB and maybe broyles if he plays the slot. I think I'd like it more without the almost full round of a draft pick downgrade.

I agree that is pretty risky but given the size of the league (16 teams) a solid back up is pretty important IMO.

Also not sure how firmular you guys are with IDP leagues but Loftin was a pretty serious piece and should score even better with the suspensions to the saints players..

Jordy was my flex last year so he rotated in and out with helu (now forte if he gets his ass a contract) and honestly I wanted to sell high. I worry about Cobb coming in and being just that little bit more dynamic, and Jermichael Finley has to catch a few more balls this year no?

all in all I mixed it up a bit and I got two guys who I expect to show better stat lines along with a stud LB for a qb who may be out of a job (certanly has lost job security) and a WR who may or may not be coming off the best year he will ever have!

Its not a "sell" at any price because he will suck, it is a "he is overvalued, get something great for him" kinda sell.

this :pointstosky:

Coach Mike McCarthy plans to expand Jordy Nelson's route tree, including more snaps in the slot.

McCarthy plans to make Nelson "more of the focus" by taking advantage of matchups. "It's more about having the opportunity," said McCarthy, "because statistics speak for themselves." Nelson isn't going to repeat last year's ridiculous deep-ball efficiency or touchdown total, but the expanded offensive role should help offset the decline in those areas. Mar 28 - 12:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the Colts were "trailing often" last year. How did that work out for Wayne?? Barely put up WR3 numbers.

Wayne's value depends on Andrew Luck. If the Colts go 2-14 again (or whatever they were), I think Wayne puts up similar #'s.

I'm pretty sure the Colts were "trailing often" last year. How did that work out for Wayne?? Barely put up WR3 numbers.

Wayne's value depends on Andrew Luck. If the Colts go 2-14 again (or whatever they were), I think Wayne puts up similar #'s.

FWIW, Wayne had Kerry Collins/Curtis Painter & Dan Orlovsky throwing him the ball. Even Andrew Luck as a rookie should be able to improve those #'s.