Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Todd Gurley 2017

He of course was a keeper last year in my 2 keeper league, occupying the 1st 2 rounds... 12 team. Can he be a stud again ?

Some of his numbers last year were concerning. Even in a poor offense with other teams trying to shut him down you would expect him to break some runs and he didn't. While other RBs were gashing the 49ers Gurley went 17/47/0 and 23/67/1. Of course you know these things. McVay was able to get a lot out of Cousins and the Washington offense but I don't think the Rams are close to having the pieces. Although Goff is inexperienced he didn't look close to ready last year.

It comes down to who could be available if you don't keep him, what his trade value is or how long you are willing to continue to keep and wait.

The line was beyond terrible.

They were bad during his rookie year too, but Teams were not keying on Gurley like they did this year.

I think Gurley can be a player, but the Rams NEED to upgrade that line if they want any hope of getting their money's worth out of this guy.

at the very least I'd expect a trade, or a FA signing to acquire an OT or OG.

Normally I'd say they should draft a guy, but the Rams have no first round pick thanks to the trade they made last year.

I'm not sure if they own their own second round pick but anyone going in round 2 may not have an impact until next season.

either way, they need to do something.

They have spent multiple draft picks to obtain the top pick to draft a QB and they spent a high draft pick on Gurley. I think it's time they invested in the line to protect their investment. If they dont, they will finish where they did the last few years and management will (hopefully) lose their jobs.

If I was in a keep league and own him, I would differently be shopping him just to see what you might get in return.

But I wouldn't sale cheap

Some of his numbers last year were concerning. Even in a poor offense with other teams trying to shut him down you would expect him to break some runs and he didn't. While other RBs were gashing the 49ers Gurley went 17/47/0 and 23/67/1. Of course you know these things. McVay was able to get a lot out of Cousins and the Washington offense but I don't think the Rams are close to having the pieces. Although Goff is inexperienced he didn't look close to ready last year.

It comes down to who could be available if you don't keep him, what his trade value is or how long you are willing to continue to keep and wait.

well said.

I would be leery of Gurley. not a good ypc. Yet a 5th round rb Jordan Howard with a horrid offense is a Stud. makes me think is it worth the headache at such a high price?

Why do you indeed think that a 3.1 ypc is below par.

So you think that a 3.1 ypc is a reason of concern when drafting Gurley?

So you think that a 3.1 ypc is a reason of concern when drafting Gurley?

I think you would be stupid to ignore it outright.

a guy can be as talented as can be, but if he is not in a position where that talent is being utilized, how valuable is he really?

I play in ppr leagues and his total points still ranked him at number 15 at the Rb postion.

I don't see him avg that few yards next season.

So I'm not that concern.

I play in ppr leagues and his total points still ranked him at number 15 at the Rb postion.

I don't see him avg that few yards next season.

So I'm not that concern.

These days the 15th ranked rb really doesn't mean much as far as reliable assets. It's a guy you start one week for 7 points, the next week 12, the next less than 10 again. For how highly he was drafted and may still be drafted, why wouldn't it be a concern?

This is the same Gurley who in is rookie season had a ypc of 4.8.

I don't think he can match that , but I dont see him with a ypc of 3.1.

And he also was used more in the passing game last season, after all he did have 58 targets, with 43 rec.

I'm not going to over buy him in a ppr league,but I do see a darn great buy as a rb2 if you can buy him that cheap and a good buy as a late rb1.

The line was beyond terrible.

They were bad during his rookie year too, but Teams were not keying on Gurley like they did this year.

I think Gurley can be a player, but the Rams NEED to upgrade that line if they want any hope of getting their money's worth out of this guy.

at the very least I'd expect a trade, or a FA signing to acquire an OT or OG.

Normally I'd say they should draft a guy, but the Rams have no first round pick thanks to the trade they made last year.

I'm not sure if they own their own second round pick but anyone going in round 2 may not have an impact until next season.

either way, they need to do something.

They have spent multiple draft picks to obtain the top pick to draft a QB and they spent a high draft pick on Gurley. I think it's time they invested in the line to protect their investment. If they dont, they will finish where they did the last few years and management will (hopefully) lose their jobs.

Greg Robinson might be the biggest draft bust since JaCarcass Russell.

First of all Jeff Fisher is completely out of touch and has been for a long time. He thought the Patriots still had Danny Woodhead. His offensive philosophy was basically hope and pray Gurley or Austin can do something special.

I have an unsubstantiated belief in McVay. Lots of players speak very highly of him. He'll get that offense rolling. Will they be tops in the NFL? Not likely, but they'll be a LOT better off than they were with Fisher at the helm.

I traded for Gurley in my keeper league after hearing of the McVay hire, mostly on a hunch. I hope I'm right.

I say your right.

Gurley is going to have a better over all season.

Congrats.

I say your right.

Gurley is going to have a better over all season.

Congrats.

I dont really think he could do much worse than he did last year.

That offense as a whole was terrible, and honestly it was easier for teams to just key on the run because nobody respected the pass. Then you throw in a terrible O line and it is a recipe for disaster.

at least with some better coaching and maybe some improvements to the O line, this team has a chance to do something.

Exactly why I'm not concern about his 3.1 ypc.

Exactly why I'm not concern about his 3.1 ypc.

Like I said before, you cant completely ignore the 3.1 ypc. The crappy o line still exists and it can take some time for everyone in a new offense to get on the same page.

I think Gurley will be better next year, but the bar has been set pretty low at this point.

It will likely be 2 years (possibly 3) until he runs to his potential.

I think if you draft him as a RB2 you wont regret it. If you draft him as a RB1 you might.

Again I agree.

He's a great buy as a rb2 if you can get him at that price.

But if he's still there and I need a rb1 and he's the next rb up I'm not going to hesitate to take him.

You know last season if he avg 0.6 more ypc he would have scored enough ff points to have been ranked in the top twelve.

What I also like about him is his 58 targets and 43 rec.

what is his adp in ppr?

what do u guys consider the right price in adp ppr

If I was drafting right now I would take him in the late second round early third.

I like taking a look at WRs early in ppr so, I might have him farther down the list than most.

Again I agree.

He's a great buy as a rb2 if you can get him at that price.

But if he's still there and I need a rb1 and he's the next rb up I'm not going to hesitate to take him.

You know last season if he avg 0.6 more ypc he would have scored enough ff points to have been ranked in the top twelve.

What I also like about him is his 58 targets and 43 rec.

Yeah, but the difference between a high end RB2 and a Low end RB1 isnt very large.

and you do always need to draft to your list.

I wouldnt have him in my top 10.

but I'm sure if I did a ranking he'd probably fit somewhere between 11 and 16 or 17(or thereabouts) on my list.

for most leagues that is RB2 territory with the high end of the range touching the low end RB1 range.

I think that's a fair place for him to be.

Will that's where I like him, as a Rb2.

But in ppr leagues if I go WRs early he could easily end up has a rb1.

I agree late rb1 and early rb2.

If I was drafting right now I would take him in the late second round early third.

I like taking a look at WRs early in ppr so, I might have him farther down the list than most.

hmmmm, thats exactly where I draft. After we all keep 1player I have picks 2:11 and 3:2 in ppr

Oh my soul yes he's worthy of a rb2 if you own DJ.

He's an okay RB2 but I don't see him doing much better for the team he's on.

I believe he will be better than last season but not the top 5 RB he was supposed to be.

He'll probably clear 1000 yards but not get more than 5-7 TDs. PPR should be a slight plus over standard scoring.

He'll have 2 or 3 big games but most weeks he'll fall into the serviceable or slightly better category.

If you look at his points from last season , he was a low end rb2 in a non ppr league and a middle rb2 in a ppr league.

So he does go for 1000 plus rushing yards next season and can contribute once again in the passing game I think he's easily a rb2.

And could even in up being a late rb1.

Problem is his rookie year is only 2 years ago, therefore somebody will draft him as a top 3 RB for sentimental reasons next year.

Problem is his rookie year is only 2 years ago, therefore somebody will draft him as a top 3 RB for sentimental reasons next year.

Only way that happens is with some running back suspension or injury. No one in their right mind is taking Gurley ahead of Johnson, Bell, or Zeke.

Yeah I don't see him ahead of the other top three Rbs.

But can see him being drafted by someone forth.

Sell him as high as whatever you can get for him. Package him for a draft pick as well and double score.

Rams signed Whitworth away from Cincy.

This immediately makes the Rams line better.

I know it's only one position on the line, but it's enough that I'll go out and predict that the line will be better this year.

one more signing, or using their second round pick to grab someone may be enough to make the line passable.

of course there is no guarantee that a guy grabbed in round 2 will make an immediate impact, but it can and does happen.

At least the depth will be better, and that's something.

Yeah I like It.

If they get more Oline help I can see in a ppr as a late rb1

Footage of gurley showed him completely missing holes and running into linemen. He may be the next trent richardson. He doesnt have a 100 yard game in his last 23 games i beilieve. You are paying for the name.

With that Oline he had last season there weren't any holes.

So running into his own line was a hard issue to avoid.

Eighteen games between 100 yard games.

I'm a believer. In him at least. Kid is a special talent. If the Rams ever get their sh!t together he'll be a force.

In a redraft, I'd take Gurley no sooner than the 4th round. I'm thinking that no matter where I'm picking, I'd want 2 WR's and 1 RB in the first 3 rounds... unless people are stupid this year like they were last year and taking WR's in with the first 5 picks, leaving guys like Elliott and Bell available for me at picks 9 and 16.

Forth round sounds right, I would think in most ppr leagues that would make him a Rb 1.