Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What do you buy that's used?

What are some items you buy or wouldn't mind buying used? I know almost everyone will prob say a car (and your mom).

Cars are good but also can be money pits. Video games and consoles are great to buy used, its the exact same thing as getting new.

Fishing reels.

A good fishing reel will last a lifetime, buy a used one and then take it to a reel repair shop.

• Like 1

Fishing reels.

A good fishing reel will last a lifetime, buy a used one and then take it to a reel repair shop.

I have clue as to what a good reel costs, what does one go for abouts?

I haven't bought any used but has anyone bought used golf clubs? I just bought a used GoPro that came with everything they made for it for only $200. Planned on using it when my wife and I would go on vacation

I haven't bought any used but has anyone bought used golf clubs? I just bought a used GoPro that came with everything they made for it for only $200. Planned on using it when my wife and I would go on vacation

Clubs for sure get them used. Guys who quit the game, upgrading sets, there are always people throwing out perfectly good club sets.

Shirts and pants. I go to the goodwill.. At 41 I am not paying 50 bucks for a pair of designer jeans when I can spend 50 bucks on 5 pairs of jeans and 10 shirts at the goodwill.

• Like 1

Shirts and pants. I go to the goodwill.. At 41 I am not paying 50 bucks for a pair of designer jeans when I can spend 50 bucks on 5 pairs of jeans and 10 shirts at the goodwill.

Honestly those clothes are perfectly good, especially dress pants and shoes. People love to turn their nose up and act like used clothes is a “dirty” concept. In reality, the people donating are probably cleaner than them and they wash everything in industrial washers.

I have clue as to what a good reel costs, what does one go for abouts?

Depending on the quality of the reel there is a large range, entry level costs 150-400, and high end is 500-2000.

Depending on the quality of the reel there is a large range, entry level costs 150-400, and high end is 500-2000.

Damn. :shocking:

My wife is part of a Facebook group. People buying and selling stuff for kids. Clothes, toys, etc.

We have bought things on there, like a baby swing. Then when our kids are done with it, she sells it on the same site. Usually she will sell it for close to the price she bought it for.

Damn. :shocking:

It is why i have been buying used and taking them to a repair shop. Only way i can afford them

You are a golfer though? how much do clubs cost. :edit: rhetorical, i know the answer, alot.

My wife is part of a Facebook group. People buying and selling stuff for kids. Clothes, toys, etc.

We have bought things on there, like a baby swing. Then when our kids are done with it, she sells it on the same site. Usually she will sell it for close to the price she bought it for.

I tend to browse the "fb market" they have now on there to see what people are selling. Kind of how I found the new GoPro with everything with it.

Honestly those clothes are perfectly good, especially dress pants and shoes. People love to turn their nose up and act like used clothes is a “dirty” concept. In reality, the people donating are probably cleaner than them and they wash everything in industrial washers.

As a young man I would not have been caught dead buying clothes secondhand. Now...I laugh at my stupidity.

As a young man I would not have been caught dead buying clothes secondhand. Now...I laugh at my stupidity.

Most of the time they don't have anything I like so I don't really shop there. I wouldn't be above buying used clothes but I never find anything I like there

This

Most of the time they don't have anything I like so I don't really shop there. I wouldn't be above buying used clothes but I never find anything I like there

I go to one here in Ann Arbor. We have 2 colleges really close and I think because of that they ALWAYS have great clothes. Higher end than any other place I have seen for sure.

We have a buy sell trade page in our area. We quit having yard sales cuz my wife makes a killing. With no hassle.

I found some sweet greg norman golf shirts just last week.. 2.99 each... brand freakin new

I found some sweet greg norman golf shirts just last week.. 2.99 each... brand freakin new

Eh I just never found anything the times I went there. The black people and the Mexicans would always buy out everything good. So I would just go to the stores to buy stuff. Half the time though the stuff I like is expensive so it's not really ever at a place like goodwill.

I shopped there once a year when i was younger. My buddies and I would buy suits from goodwill and on the last day the local ski hill was open we would wear our suits skiing.

Kids are dumb.

• Like 1

Cars are good but also can be money pits. Video games and consoles are great to buy used, its the exact same thing as getting new.

2-3 year old used cars are great - minimal wear and tear without the new car surcharge.

Isn't Goodwill for really poor people?

Are you talking like a thrift store?

Their mission statement:

Goodwill works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by strengthening communities, eliminating barriers to opportunity, and helping people in need reach their full potential through learning and the power of work.

They employ poor people, who staff their store and repair/refurbish the goods they sell. Although they don't explicitly limit who purchases their goods, I think the intent was for other impoverished people to benefit from the cheap stuff.

Their mission statement:

They employ poor people, who staff their store and repair/refurbish the goods they sell. Although they don't explicitly limit who purchases their goods, I think the intent was for other impoverished people to benefit from the cheap stuff.

Exactly. I take stuff to Goodwill sometimes and they give me a ticket I can use as a tax write off. As in donating to a charity.

That's different than like Thrift Stores that are a business per se

I love Goodwill... I never go actually looking for anything, but like to browse...For every 10 trips I make, I might buy something once.... I've found some wonderful things like bamboo cutting boards, stock pots, baking sheets and Pampered Chef cookware for basically nothing.

I thought I was the cheapest bastard on the board. Never spent $40 on a steak, my sunglasses cost $2.50, but even I don't go into goodwill.

Exactly. I take stuff to Goodwill sometimes and they give me a ticket I can use as a tax write off. As in donating to a charity.

That's different than like Thrift Stores that are a business per se

i believe the goodwill stores vary based on neighborhood.

we donate a lot every year also. when we drop off i will browse a little. nice products exist, just have to hunt.

i believe the goodwill stores vary based on neighborhood.

we donate a lot every year also. when we drop off i will browse a little. nice products exist, just have to hunt.

Very much. The ones in poor areas, have poor merchandise. The better the area, the more likely you are to find something decent.

Very much. The ones in poor areas, have poor merchandise. The better the area, the more likely you are to find something decent.

this.

Clubs for sure get them used. Guys who quit the game, upgrading sets, there are always people throwing out perfectly good club sets.

I buy a ton of golf equipment used. Mostly drivers with upgraded shafts. I can sell the shaft and head separate for more than I paid. Adapters too. For iron sets, I do new grips and ferrules and make a little $.