Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Joe Mixon

To be up front, I don't have Joe Mixon, and never had intention to draft him because I didn't understood the interest in him.

Jeremy Hill is listed as the starting running back, then there is Gio as third down back to steal carry. His situation is actually similar to Hunt BEFORE Ware gone down.

Hunt was drafting as deep sleeper while Mixon has always been a round 3 pick... I don't get it...

I believe it's because Mixon is supposedly a much more talented RB.

He was probably going to be a high first round pick if not for his off the field issues.

With Hill struggling after his rookie year and Gio coming off the ACL, it's likely he sees plenty of action.

Will it work out that way? I don't know but I believe most feel there is an upside to Mixon that there isn't to Hunt.

I believe it's because Mixon is supposedly a much more talented RB.

He was probably going to be a high first round pick if not for his off the field issues.

With Hill struggling after his rookie year and Gio coming off the ACL, it's likely he sees plenty of action.

Will it work out that way? I don't know but I believe most feel there is an upside to Mixon that there isn't to Hunt.

Fair enough, but Mixon at best was going to be in a lead RBBC with Hill and Gio.

Looking back the last 3 years, it didn't matter how much Hill out performed Gio, or how Gio out performed Hill. They were in RBBC almost every game (except when one is injured). Now there is just one more back throw in the mix.

Fair enough, but Mixon at best was going to be in a lead RBBC with Hill and Gio.

Looking back the last 3 years, it didn't matter how much Hill out performed Gio, or how Gio out performed Hill. They were in RBBC almost every game (except when one is injured). Now there is just one more back throw in the mix.

I know this is a contract year for Hill so he's almost certainly gone next season and I don't know Gio's contract situation off the top of my head but he's not really an every down RB, just a receiving RB.

I would expect them to try and make Mixon the lead back at some point, sooner other than later most likely. Still don't know though.

If Hill has a good game...

Say good bye to the Mixon train for most of the season.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA that is funny Because hill had 2 games all last year where he went over 100 yards. Both games against the browns. Last time I checked the Bungles only play the browns 2 times. Which leaves him pretty much useless for every other game.

If Hill has a good game. Just one. They are gonna move him.

Hill averaged 10 TD rushing a season since joining the league.

Add the fact that Marvin is always loyal to the VETS, you can bet Mixon won't have much value this season.

First it was Gio..then Hill..now Mixon.

Every few years the Bengals bring in a new RB toy. Every season they tease you...

It's going to be the same old.

To be up front, I don't have Joe Mixon, and never had intention to draft him because I didn't understood the interest in him.

Jeremy Hill is listed as the starting running back, then there is Gio as third down back to steal carry. His situation is actually similar to Hunt BEFORE Ware gone down.

Hunt was drafting as deep sleeper while Mixon has always been a round 3 pick... I don't get it...

Well, if you look on u tube, his highlight reel is pretty impressive.

his sampling of exhibition carries and pass catches also looks really impressive.

He's very elusive for a big guy, and can run with both speed and power.

Honestly, from what I saw, he is the package. Talent wise I think he is the best RB in this year's rookie class.

the issues: Off field issues. He hit a gal in his Sophomore or Junior year of college (I forget which) and it was caught on tape. The concern is that he could get himself suspended at some point.

the other issue is fumbling. he's a pretty bad fumbler.

from what I have seen a large part of it is coachable. he sometimes gets loosey goosey with the football when trying to be elusive and fight for those extra yards.

I havnt seen too much of this in exhibition but it is also a small sample size. Maybe he's already been coached on this. But I think the Bengals have themselves a player.

IMO and others have agreed, Joe Mixon would've been the 1st rB taken in this years draft if he wasn't caught uppercutting his girlfriend. He without a doubt is the most talented RB on the bengals and it's not even close. Of course there are risks especially for a rookie RB learning to adjust to the speed of the NFL, but there's a reason the bengals drafted this guy. HIll looked like a sloth out there and Bernard is coming off of an ACL. Unless your name is Peterson, when's the last time a player with an acl has come back in the same pre injury form?? MIxon is the guy to own in Cincinnati...I wouldn't draft him before the 3rd, but if you can steal this guy late 4th or 5th, you're money.

Guy is the most talented Rb in this past draft, and like we thought, you can't count on the Bengals staff to do the right thing and give him the darn ball.

Shame.

Guy is the most talented Rb in this past draft, and like we thought, you can't count on the Bengals staff to do the right thing and give him the darn ball.

Shame.

no, but if they were planning on giving him the ball, why would they tip their hand now?

I think even if they plan to play him, we wont find out until he gets 22 carries for 110 yards , 1 TD and 5 catches for 40 yards.

Mixon is a stud, Hill is average and now has an ankle...Mixon will eventually the guy, shouldn't take long.

No, this is not a hide and seek situation.

It's the situation that we spoke about during this past season.

The coaching staff of the Bengals won't hand him over the keys, not just yet.

Now it might happen down the road during this season, but it's hard to say when.

Highlight reels make anyone look good, keep in mind. That's their point. Anyone's highlight reel will make them look like the best player in the world.

Full disclosure, I don't follow college ball much. Mixon looked very meh to me in the preseason. But I could easily be wrong.

Marvin Lewis is an idiot an I knew this before drafting him. No one to blame but me.

Marvin Lewis is an idiot an I knew this before drafting him. No one to blame but me.

You'l be happy you drafted Mixon! :) They've seen enough of Hill and Bernard to draft Mixon early.

You'l be happy you drafted Mixon! :) They've seen enough of Hill and Bernard to draft Mixon early.

I have to agree. I so wanted him in a keeper format but he was going too high in the auction. I ended up taking Hunt and am happier about the KC situation over the Cinci situation. If Mixon was in KC, he would monster the load. Hunt may as well actually.

I have to agree. I so wanted him in a keeper format but he was going too high in the auction. I ended up taking Hunt and am happier about the KC situation over the Cinci situation. If Mixon was in KC, he would monster the load. Hunt may as well actually.

Hunt over Mixon currently looks like the better option...keeper league will have to wait and see.

Hunt over Mixon currently looks like the better option...keeper league will have to wait and see.

True. They are rookies after all.

No, this is not a hide and seek situation.

It's the situation that we spoke about during this past season.

The coaching staff of the Bengals won't hand him over the keys, not just yet.

Now it might happen down the road during this season, but it's hard to say when.

There are coaches out there who believe that a player shouldnt be given a job, they need to earn it.

given his off field issues maybe that's even more important to stick to here.

I dont know what his pass protection is like, but if it needs work that could very well be enough reason to keep him off the field during passing downs at the very least.

There are coaches out there who believe that a player shouldnt be given a job, they need to earn it.

given his off field issues maybe that's even more important to stick to here.

I dont know what his pass protection is like, but if it needs work that could very well be enough reason to keep him off the field during passing downs at the very least.

Well, the whole Bengals team is full of thugs, I think Mixon fits right in. :)

Hill averaged 10 TD rushing a season since joining the league.

Add the fact that Marvin is always loyal to the VETS, you can bet Mixon won't have much value this season.

First it was Gio..then Hill..now Mixon.

Every few years the Bengals bring in a new RB toy. Every season they tease you...

It's going to be the same old.

But Gio was good his rookie year.

Just went back and looked at 2013. I drafted Gio at 5.10 and he finished with 223.9 pts in my PPR league that year. Had some stinkers (<10) but also had some 20+ games.

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/140931/players/giovani-bernard-9341?season=2013

I took Mixon at 4.5 based on this past history and the fact that Mixon projects to be a better talent than Gio and CIN has shown that they aren't afraid to give rookie RBs a legitimate chance.

But Gio was good his rookie year.

Just went back and looked at 2013. I drafted Gio at 5.10 and he finished with 223.9 pts in my PPR league that year. Had some stinkers (<10) but also had some 20+ games.

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/140931/players/giovani-bernard-9341?season=2013

I took Mixon at 4.5 based on this past history and the fact that Mixon projects to be a better talent than Gio and CIN has shown that they aren't afraid to give rookie RBs a legitimate chance.

So Gio was good in his rookie year.

Hill good in his rookie year.

Mixon good in his rookie?

But you forget, Gio and Hill is still there and healthy. Hill is announced the starter.

But you forget, Gio and Hill is still there and healthy. Hill is announced the starter.

That's a pretty widespread bias. Confusing correlation with causation.

Ok, and in 2013 Law Firm was there and healthy. From week 3 on Gio was getting ~15 touches/game. Your point?

Hill was awful last year (I should know, I drafted him last year), didn't look any more impressive in preseason, and now he apparently has an ankle issue. I don't see him lasting as starter much past week 3. Gio has proved that he's not durable enough to be a 1. I like Mixon's upside here.

If Mixon wasn't an idiot, he likely would have been the 1st RB off the board in the NFL draft. I'll take the most talented rookie RB in the 4th round any day. That's like getting Zeke in the 4th last year.

Watch Gio catch passes, Hill score a short td and Mixon have a few good runs between the 20s.

Got Hill in about the 1000th round :banana:

Watch Gio catch passes, Hill score a short td and Mixon have a few good runs between the 20s.

And thatt's probably the best case scenario barring injuries. I think there is a greater chance of Mixon not performing well enough or keeps fumbling and sees the bench.

They are going with a new OC so maybe there's hope for Joe

That terrible O line is gonna be seriously limiting his upside even if they start Mixon and play him every down.

And I am not willing to predict THAT.

Until there is an injury or until one of them has a consecutive productive weeks, it will be a 3-way time share in 2017. But Hill in last year of contract. They will continue to use him only if he can do anything good. After 2017, bye-bye.

Bernard signed thru 2019, with $4.25 & $4.5 million cap hits in '18 & '19. They can cut him after '17 with $1.5 in dead money and after '18 with $750K in dead money. If they keep Bernard, it will be as a compliment to the main back next year, Mixon.

He was an excellent keeper/dynasty pick this year. Not so much for redrafts.

Until there is an injury or until one of them has a consecutive productive weeks, it will be a 3-way time share in 2017. But Hill in last year of contract. They will continue to use him only if he can do anything good. After 2017, bye-bye.

Bernard signed thru 2019, with $4.25 & $4.5 million cap hits in '18 & '19. They can cut him after '17 with $1.5 in dead money and after '18 with $750K in dead money. If they keep Bernard, it will be as a compliment to the main back next year, Mixon.

He was an excellent keeper/dynasty pick this year. Not so much for redrafts.

It would not surprise me if Mixon got most of the carries in the second half.

At some point they need to see how he responds to a full workload and I think they need to figure this out before they Let Hill go.

It would not surprise me if Mixon got most of the carries in the second half.

At some point they need to see how he responds to a full workload and I think they need to figure this out before they Let Hill go.

Why would they need to figure anything out before they let go of a junk running back?

That terrible O line is gonna be seriously limiting his upside even if they start Mixon and play him every down.

And I am not willing to predict THAT.

don't be a buzz kill. Joe's gonna run for 125. Let it be written let it be done :pointstosky:

I drafted Mixon thinking Cincy was gonna suck this season and at some point sooner rather than later they'd wanna throw him out there as their main back. I think Mixon will be the starter in a few weeks. They're staring 0-3 in dee face with GB on tap week 3.