Sign in to follow this  
Culpooper

Andrew Luck

Luck got dropped in my league and my QB's are weak with Rivers and Eli. Does anyone know what the deal is with this guy? It seems like the Colts organization is hiding something. Homers? Wondering if I should pick him up or Bradford for some more depth at the position. Thanks

I believe I heard late last week that there was speculation that he would miss approx 6 weeks. I can't recall a source.

I would hold onto the qbs you already own.

I'm not so sure that they let Luck play when he's ready to return if the team is losing.

Even if Lyck was healthy, the Colts are among the worst teams in the league. And Luck ain't healthy and ain't practiced. He's virtually worthless at this point, which is why he was dropped. I'd look elsewhere.

No.

Yes if it's a keeper league, I would gladly sale off Charles for Luck in a keeper league.

But in a redraft league no.

I question if the team even lets him return just to get beat up once he's ready to do so.

I would. Dude put up huge numbers last year. It's not like anyone in that division is going to have a huge lead over the others. Colts will be in contention when Luck returns.

At this point Luck is a lottery pick. He is available in my main league but nobody has touched him, as we have a short bench and all the Bye weeks still to cover. If we had more bench spots I'd stash him just in case.

Luck got dropped in my league and my QB's are weak with Rivers and Eli. Does anyone know what the deal is with this guy? It seems like the Colts organization is hiding something. Homers? Wondering if I should pick him up or Bradford for some more depth at the position. Thanks

I figured Rivers would have a better season just because he has better WR.

there is also the chance that the line may improve. I was expecting substantial improvement, but now they have had injuries and suspensions so there is no guarantee they will be much better now.

but he's fine.

I was expecting Eli to have a good year, but his line has regressed from the look of it and I no longer expect big things.

but Luck and Bradford are both great pickups. I'd pickup Bradford, but Luck (when healthy) is as good as anyone out there. I just have questions about his health.

At this point it's hard to judge based on just one game, but the Giants o-line looked really really bad against a not-so-great Cowboys defense. I am worried it's another Andy Dalton situation. Without a full-go OBJ there is nobody that scares defenses and they tee off on Eli. I'm really down on Eli because of it. But the case of Luck is a hard one, I drafted him and grabbed Rivers as my backup and am considering dropping Luck completely.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733035-a-mess-grows-in-indy-with-luck-concerned-nfl-execs-say-he-should-demand-trade?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I just read that and it adds even more fuel to the fire. If I'm Luck and trying to play with a reconstructed shoulder, why would I want to work that hard to get myself back in for a team that isn't even committed to protecting me?

I'd definitely pick him up...you're getting him for free and he's got the talent to be a fantasy difference maker. Worst case scenario you drop him in a few weeks if word leaks he won't play this season and pick up someone equivalent to Eli later on.

Stuck with Luck? Hold 'em or fold 'em?

Trevor Siemian is available and I'm tempted to jettison Luck for him. I've been using Rivers, who's been more than serviceable, but want to see what people are doing with Luck.

Also have Luck burning a bench spot, with Wentz playing well and Winston backing him up. Winston also has a really nice matchup week 14 (detroit) and 15 (atl).

Hard to drop a dude that could be a top 3-4 QB in a few weeks though.

Let him go.

And don't look back.

(RotoWire) Luck (shoulder) has been ruled out for Sunday's matchup with the Browns, Zak Keefer of The Indianapolis Star reports.

Analysis: On Sunday morning, FOX's Jay Glazer relayed that Luck remains behind schedule and will miss 3-4 more weeks, so head coach Chuck Pagano's announcement Monday was expected. Because he's unable to make all the throws he must make before taking part in practice, Luck will yield quarterback duties to Jacoby Brissett for the time being.

So the Colts start 0-7 and they obviously just put Luck on IR. Dump him folks. And all Colt WRs. The writing is on the wall.

So the Colts start 0-7 and they obviously just put Luck on IR. Dump him folks. And all Colt WRs. The writing is on the wall.

This is my fear and what i pointed out before, if i'm Luck (and if he's as unhappy as rumored) and I'm coming back at 0-6 and behind that line, I think seriously about asking to be put on IR for the rest of the season. If that's the case and I miss out on Siemian then I might just be screwed.

This is my fear and what i pointed out before, if i'm Luck (and if he's as unhappy as rumored) and I'm coming back at 0-6 and behind that line, I think seriously about asking to be put on IR for the rest of the season. If that's the case and I miss out on Siemian then I might just be screwed.

The only way they'd play Luck if 0-7 is if the stadium is empty and they are hemorrhaging cash.

Indi should draft 6 offensive lineman with their first 6 picks next year.

If they draft them like they draft wideouts, those 6 picks would get them 2 useable linemen. So still not a bad idea.

If they draft them like they draft wideouts, those 6 picks would get them 2 useable linemen. So still not a bad idea.

Then they'd have 2 useable linemen. Big improvement.

Exactly. Maybe they can even trade what looks like will be the number 1 overall pick for one or two more picks.

Why didn't he start the season in IR?

Great question. I would have passed on Hilton if I knew Luck wasn't going to be back until half the season was over, at best.

There was IR talk, but I think they figured he'd be back in 3-4 weeks. Now that timetable looks like 6-7. Waste.

I dropped him in the one league I own him, picked up Siemian to back up Rivers. Hard to pass up the #1 QB in the league for a guy with another month of sitting then a month of knocking off the rust.

Picked him up off waivers last week..looks like they are targeting Week 6 and the hope is he could start practicing this week.

yeah, well the Siemian move payed off SOOOO handsomely for me. :rolleyes:

Guess I may try to get Luck back. Maybe things will stay quiet this week and I can just pick him up without wasting a waiver claim.

He's already put for week four.

I would just move on.

They should put the poor guy on IR. This season is gonna be a wash. Next year they will have a new HC too. So why bother.