Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

Do you love America?

Why? or Why not?

America - land of the free, home of the brave, a shining city on a hill.

OR

America - politicians, fast food, celebrities, money, and scandals.

:dunno:

Love? Fock no.

Appreciate? Fock yes.

Like any poor girl that has dated me over the last 30 years

I think it's a good country that has allowed people to do great things. I'm not so sure about the future but I'll sure as hell do my part to make it a bright one

Love it? Yes. My dad lived in a farmhouse with a dirt floor in Europe. He came over to the Bronx in the 50s ad lived in a 1 BR apt with his parents and 2 siblings. He's going to retire as VP of a Fortune 500 company this year after 40+ years with the same company. That is the American dream.

Unfortunately that sort if thing is exceptionally rare these days. America is still great but it's not really exceptional anymore and there are other countries that offer as much.

• Like 1

Somewhere between the two examples you put out there.

I'm grateful that I wasn't born in some Middle East or African sh1thole, and I'm appreciative that there is probably no other country in the world that offers the opportunities that this one does, but the whole uber-patriotic attitude of "We're the best, fock the rest" bugs the living sh1t out of me.

If we can't look at our country critically, and I don't mean just criticizing politicians and their policies, and see where we've been and where we are wrong, then we're not as exceptional as we think we are.

• Like 1

They are plenty of other better places to live than America now. Likewise, there are also plenty of other worse places to live. Politicians have driven this country into the ground as well as society's thought process of they deserve everything and nothing is their fault. Spill a cup of coffee? Make a million dollars. Kill someone? Couple years then released on parole. Steal something? Slap on the wrist. Politicians? Make over 100K a year while they are in office and for the rest of their lives. Soldiers? Barely get paid and have to suffer not being seen in the VA for years and dying while waiting on care. President? Goes around the constitution to push his own agenda. Pass a bill just so you can actually read what's inside it? This countries priorities are all screwed up. I honestly love living in America but I do fear that the way things are progressing this country will eventually fall.

see... here's the thing... it's dangerous business to be running around saying you don't love America...

I bet some posters avoided this thread altogether thinking, "no focking way I'm posting 'I don't love America'".

can you imagine the uproar if some celebrity or talking head came straight out and proclaimed, "No I don't love America. I don't love this country... I like it... it's pretty good... but Love? No F'n way".

It would certainly disqualify anyone from running for office.

But the reality is... most people are pretty wishy-washy over it... most don't come right out and say definitively, unequivocally, that they love america.

And that's probably part of the problem today... I think people really did love America 30 years ago. But today - skepticism and cynicism have jaded it. To me, this is as big a problem as the actual problems that have made people jaded.

• Like 1

Yes, for all its faults, its by far the best country in the world.

Oh yeah? you've live there to test out this? :rolleyes:

I hear Australia and Switzerland are pretty nice, but hey, you know best

Oh but ain't that America for you and me

Ain't that America somethin' to see baby

Ain't that America home of the free

Little pink houses for you and me

Love it? Yes. Like it?

:D

see... here's the thing... it's dangerous business to be running around saying you don't love America...

I bet some posters avoided this thread altogether thinking, "no focking way I'm posting 'I don't love America'".

can you imagine the uproar if some celebrity or talking head came straight out and proclaimed, "No I don't love America. I don't love this country... I like it... it's pretty good... but Love? No F'n way".

But the reality is... most people are pretty wishy-washy over it... most don't come right out and say definitively, unequivocally, that they love america.

And that's probably part of the problem today... I think people really did love America 30 years ago. But today - skepticism and cynicism have jaded it. To me, this is as big a problem as the actual problems that have made people jaded.

Agreed all around :thumbsup:

I love her and I dont want anyone else. But when we were first dating, I don't think I could have loved her more than then. I still love her, but now I se she's not perfect, and neither is anyone else. But if I did mess around, It would probably be wth a European. Maybe Ireland.

• Like 1

A lot depends on what you think America is. America is a great idea. America is lousy politicians. America is terrific competition. America is speaking your mind. America is ugly strip malls. America is soaring skyscapers. America is Yosemite. America is big city slums.

30 years ago, I was 20 and people felt the same way about America. a lot about America has gotten worse over the past 30 years but a lot has gotten better too.

In my mind America is still a place that lets you be yourself. What you make of yourself depends on you.

When I say I love America it is like loving a family member. America is part of me and I am part of it. I have visited many countries and I hold my head up high when i tell someone my nationality.

I love her and I dont want anyone else. But when we were first dating, I don't think I could have loved her more than then. I still love her, but now I se she's not perfect, and neither is anyone else. But if I did mess around, It would probably be wth a European. Maybe Ireland.

Your only chance with another, would be a drunk?

Your only chance with another, would be a drunk?

You should see her when she's not drunk. And having been all over Europe, I can tell you Ireland is no where near the top of the drunken list. All of Eastern Europe is worse, and Spain? Ooof they stay drunk.

You should see her when she's not drunk. And having been all over Europe, I can tell you Ireland is no where near the top of the drunken list. All of Eastern Europe is worse, and Spain? Ooof they stay drunk.

Italy are drunkards too, arent they?

There's some parts I love, more I like, and quite a bit I'm not a fan of at all.

It's where all my stuff is, too.

I guess you slept thru the last mid term election..........or were passed out for November. :cheers:

and I guess this and fox are the only two websites you ever hit?

i appreciate America, but there are other countries I prefer

its great other than that pesky fundemamel transformation its going through, we clean house of the country haters running the show and we can get back to the path of

greatness again.

You are in over your head, Sot. :wave:

Tea Party leaders are celebrating their victories at the polls. An examination of the results of the 2014 general elections by the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights reveals that Tea Party endorsed candidates continued to outperform at the ballot box this year. National Tea Party groups, most notably FreedomWorks and Tea Party Patriots, endorsed 80 candidates for federal office in yesterdays general election. Tea Party endorsed candidates ended up winning 58 of those racesa 73% winning percentage.

https://www.irehr.org/issue-areas/tea-party-nationalism/tea-party-news-and-analysis/610-tea-party-election-2014

You are in over your head, Sot. :wave:

Tea Party leaders are celebrating their victories at the polls. An examination of the results of the 2014 general elections by the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights reveals that Tea Party endorsed candidates continued to outperform at the ballot box this year. National Tea Party groups, most notably FreedomWorks and Tea Party Patriots, endorsed 80 candidates for federal office in yesterdays general election. Tea Party endorsed candidates ended up winning 58 of those racesa 73% winning percentage.

https://www.irehr.org/issue-areas/tea-party-nationalism/tea-party-news-and-analysis/610-tea-party-election-2014

HAHAHHAHAHA

GO

GOP establishment Blames Tea Party for Election Failures

You think so, huh?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/16896-gop-establishment-blames-tea-party-for-election-failures

God, you crack me up. :clap:

HAHAHHAHAHA

GO

You think so, huh?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/16896-gop-establishment-blames-tea-party-for-election-failures

God, you crack me up. :clap:

Holy cow!

Your first link is establishment Reps whining about Ted Cruz and a govt shutdown. Has nothing to do with elections.

Your second link is shiot. Has nothing to do with anything regarding Tea Party candidates and election.

Go sleep it off, Fukking moron. :doh: :overhead:

Five focking obvious links - and that's all you've got?

So, just to be clear: RP/HH is a Tea Party Supporter? Just yes or no biitch.

God, you're sad and lonely.