Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Terrell Suggs out for season

Wow, that's a really big blow. And that kind of injury could affect his playing style for the rest of his life.

Wow, that's a really big blow. And that kind of injury could affect his playing style for the rest of his life.

No disrespect intended, but Andy Dalton's life just got easier.

playing basketball no-less... what a dumb ass...

anyone know if he still gets paid in a situation like this?

No disrespect intended, but Andy Dalton's life just got easier.

Dalton isn't nearly as relieved as Ben Roethlisberger. That guy was Ben's own personal version of Kryptonite. It's pretty much a guarantee now that he'll get about 6 less sacks this season on him just with Suggs out, not even factoring in his beefed up offensive line. Suggs ate his ass up.

It's typically written into contract that stuff like that isn't allowed, but teams rarely ever try to use it.

John Harbaugh shouldn't have opened his trap about the Pats and Saints. It's karma, man .

It's a good thing they drafted Dont'a Hightower to step into a LB spot...er, uh...no, that's not right :shocking:

I wonder if the Ravens will make a play for the Seahawks' Leroy Hill - maybe give up a mid-round 2013 pick for him. Hill has baggage with him (mary jane) but he is a speedy OLB. Doesn't have the pass rushing chops that Suggs did, but let's face it, there aren't too many guys like that around the entire league.

The Ravens and Seahawks have done preseason deals before - like last year, when they traded for that CB Wilson.

I really don't see a problem with playing basketball, as there is nothing you do when playing basketball that you wouldn't do when just working out to stay in shape strictly for football.

I really don't see a problem with playing basketball, as there is nothing you do when playing basketball that you wouldn't do when just working out to stay in shape strictly for football.

Yeah, I don't understand this either. I can see if you're doing something ridiculous like crashing a motorcycle without a helmet, ala Roethlisberger, but playing basketball is exercise. I'd love to see all the fine print these guys have in their contracts that they have to abide by.

I'm curious to see if he's actually able to come back this season like he believes he will. Not to mention how much burst he's gonna lose on his 1st step that makes his pass rushing skills so famous.

Basketball is agility running and jumping....if you can't do that what do you do to train

Basketball is agility running and jumping....if you can't do that what do you do to train

Exactly. A guy could tear his Achilles slipping & falling out of the shower in the morning just as easily as playing a non contact sport such as basketball or tennis. Should the NFL owners start cryogenically freezing players during the offseason & thaw them out when training camp starts?

Exactly. A guy could tear his Achilles slipping & falling out of the shower in the morning just as easily as playing a non contact sport such as basketball or tennis. Should the NFL owners start cryogenically freezing players during the offseason & thaw them out when training camp starts?

That would be awesome :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, I don't understand this either. I can see if you're doing something ridiculous like crashing a motorcycle without a helmet, ala Roethlisberger, but playing basketball is exercise. I'd love to see all the fine print these guys have in their contracts that they have to abide by.

I'm curious to see if he's actually able to come back this season like he believes he will. Not to mention how much burst he's gonna lose on his 1st step that makes his pass rushing skills so famous.

Even if he was able to get back by late November, I don't see the Ravens risking his long term health and burning a roster spot for that long. He'll start out on PUP, then probably get moved to IR.

suggs' talk about coming back early is just wishful thinking. a fully torn achilles is as close to clockwork as is possible for a football injury. 11 months is the inside estimate. now, if he only has a grade 2 sprain, that's different. but a full tear shuts him down for the season, period.

It would probably cut down on the arrests too. The league should look into that.

They should offer their 2013 2nd round pick to the Giants for Umenyiora. If Osi stays healthy for the entire year and/or the Ravens win the Super Bowl, the Giants get Baltimore's 1st round pick. Seems fair.

Maybe he tripped over his big sausage lips while trying to get out of the shower after playing basketball? :bench: