Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Things you will not do in this years draft.

Never act disapointed. If another owner drafts a player that you really wanted, tell him that player is a LOCK to win the bust of the year award and then laugh. Undermining his confidence could srew him up on later picks.

:banana:

have the cocktail waitress bring him a shot havin her say "it's ok you'll have an other pick eventually,the buffet is still open"good times

I'd like to draft against you. :banana:

I've had a bad 3 year run of not making the playoffs, where at least 6 other owners felt the same way. Most of that list has occurred during the last 3 years..... From trying the "12 beers strategy", which is drinking at LEAST 1 alcoholic beverage during each round. To letting my homerism get the best of me and drafting Culpepper when he went to Miami, waaaaaaay to focking early, stupid mary jane. But alas, not anymore, back to what I know will work!

Course, this was also the only 3 out of 9 years I got away from the "Draft RB's, then draft another RB, then draft more RB's to make sure you have the RB core lined up"

So, join our league, enjoy the draft, cause you won't be saying that this year when I finally go back to the "tried and true" method of locking up at least 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds, with a 95% likeliness of both starters in the first 2 rounds.

I've had a bad 3 year run of not making the playoffs, where at least 6 other owners felt the same way. Most of that list has occurred during the last 3 years..... From trying the "12 beers strategy", which is drinking at LEAST 1 alcoholic beverage during each round. To letting my homerism get the best of me and drafting Culpepper when he went to Miami, waaaaaaay to focking early, stupid mary jane. But alas, not anymore, back to what I know will work!

Course, this was also the only 3 out of 9 years I got away from the "Draft RB's, then draft another RB, then draft more RB's to make sure you have the RB core lined up"

So, join our league, enjoy the draft, cause you won't be saying that this year when I finally go back to the "tried and true" method of locking up at least 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds, with a 95% likeliness of both starters in the first 2 rounds.

I was only giving you your well-deserved razzing for having so many things that you weren't going to do. You eliminated a lot of teams in that post, and there is some good fantasy talent and value where those players are falling. I understand the homerism concerns, but you sound a bit overboard in that correction.

I have players that I tend to avoid, as well, but not so many that my draft looks like a minefield. I'm sure you're a good FF player, I was just observing. Tried and true is often best, because you're comfortable with it, and know what you're going to get from it. So good luck this year.

I was only giving you your well-deserved razzing for having so many things that you weren't going to do. You eliminated a lot of teams in that post, and there is some good fantasy talent and value where those players are falling. I understand the homerism concerns, but you sound a bit overboard in that correction.

I have players that I tend to avoid, as well, but not so many that my draft looks like a minefield. I'm sure you're a good FF player, I was just observing. Tried and true is often best, because you're comfortable with it, and know what you're going to get from it. So good luck this year.

Thanks and good luck to you ;)

Yeah, I usually "blacklist" a few teams, it's not so much that I won't draft "anyone" from them, it has more to do with making sure I don't spend to much for any player on a team that is not likely to be a fantasy dynamo. There is always gonna be a case for a player or 2 from even the worst teams, but usually, players like Adrian Peterson from Minn, random_cleveland_player, random_houston_player just aren't worth picking up until later in the season when they have proven they are gonna be decent this year. Course this has to do a lot with our leagues roster and starter limits. Only 11 rounds in draft, we can't start any more than 2 RB's or 3 WR/TE's, and if you start that many WR's, you only start 1 RB. So basically, I am able to blacklist from teams, cause most of their players won't get drafted in our draft anyway.

Although, with Miami, since I am a miami homer, I have learned that no matter what, never draft from your home team, unless that team is a fantasy juggernaut.

I will keep the right 2 players in my keeper league out of

Manning, Peyton

Gore, Frank

Barber, Marion III

Wayne, Reggie

Owens, Terrell

Heap, Todd

Brown, Josh

Indianapolis Colts

Delhomme, Jake

Cutler, Jay

Williams, Deangelo

Taylor, Chester

Williams, Roy

Jackson, Darrell

:cry:

Manning and Gore as of right now.

I am a big "wait on your QB till around round 7" kinda guy. But after last years draft I made a deal to get Manning. So now I will keep him, since his value is so high right now.

Since I will keep gore, I will prolly go WR,WR,RB in the next 3 rounds, with moving the RB around if I can get some good value. Henry could slip to me in the 3rd round at the 4 spot. The owner with Henry has SA along with Holt and Fitz. Those will prolly be his keepers. He got SA from me in that trade last year with Manning. There were other players involved as well. I was too skeered of the Madden curse.

*Don't draft a TE when the rund on TEs start.

*Same with Kickers

*Last 2 picks should be Kicker and D

*Wait untill ALL owners draft a QB before I draft a QB.***Exception=Manning*** But not till round 2

*Never draft who is on the cover of Madden game

*I wonder if anyone in my league will read this :dunno: :angry:

Although, with Miami, since I am a miami homer, I have learned that no matter what, never draft from your home team, unless that team is a fantasy juggernaut.

Even if they are, odds are you're too high on some of their players, it's just how being a fan works. I would definitely agree: take a long close look at things, and if you find you can't look at your home team objectively, then you should definitely avoid drafting them.

Hilariously enough I'm sorta loosely a Philly fan, though more than anything I'm just a fan of the game - I like good football. Anyway, last year I drafted Donte Stallworth. He became an Eagle right after that! It was very weird. Sadly, I think he'd have benefited more from staying in NO, in which case we might all have had no idea who this Marques Colston guy was.

I will keep the right 2 players in my keeper league out of

Manning, Peyton

Gore, Frank

Barber, Marion III

Wayne, Reggie

Owens, Terrell

Heap, Todd

Brown, Josh

Indianapolis Colts

Delhomme, Jake

Cutler, Jay

Williams, Deangelo

Taylor, Chester

Williams, Roy

Jackson, Darrell

:shocking:

Manning and Gore as of right now.

I think those will be the right ones. The only competition I could see is T.O. vying for Peyton's keeper slot, and it seems pretty clear that Peyton has better value.