Sign in to follow this  
MikeK

Who d'ya like more: Shorts against DEN or Randle against CHI?

So I have two options this week I would love some help with:

1) I need to play one or the other. Shorts has a pretty high fantasy threshold in my mind for this one even though they're playing Denver (all those targets!)...but Randle seems to really be locked in as Eli's #1 reciever. You know, when Eli has enough time to throw the ball his way accurately.

or,

2) My other option is to bench TE superstar Cameron, who's been in my Flex position every week, in favor of Shorts/Randle (Jimmy Graham is my starting TE). But I feel like I've gotta play Cameron...

i would normally say shorts by a landslide, but he was lmited in practice today with a groin... make sure he's playing sunday... if he is, start him with confidence!

• Like 1

Shorts was limited with the groin injury last week and I made the mistake of sitting him. Not this time. He is gonna be garbage time king this week.

• Like 1

Whoops. May have spoken too soon...

Cecil Shorts (groin) was downgraded to out in Thursday's practice.

Mid-week downgrades are always a concern, but it's possible Shorts' absence was part of a pre-planned practice schedule. That being said, fantasy owners can't assume he will be a go for Week 6. If Shorts is upgraded to limited/probable on Friday, he can be safely plugged in as a WR3.

Source: Hays Carlyon on Twitter Oct 10 - 1:51 PM

Unfortunately you're going to have to make your call on Randle tonight. I'm still gonna play shorts if he's active on Sunday. It's a perfect garbage time matchup and Henne will be under center.

• Like 1

According to the Florida Times-Union, coach Gus Bradley opted to give Shorts more rest today. Cecil is expected to start on Sunday.

• Like 1

If shorts is heatlhy he is the guy to start.

But that is a very big IF.

check the latest injury reports. He didnt practice yesterday, but they said they expect him to play.

that's the last I heard. I own him, but Usually do a final check an hour or so before game time on all of my players and adjust as needed.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I'm gonna sit Randle this week and hopefully roll confidently with Shorts on Sunday.

dont forget to double check the injury report.

Unfortunate thing about shorts is he is a bit prone to injury and you dont want to start him if they are sitting him.

dont forget to double check the injury report.

Unfortunate thing about shorts is he is a bit prone to injury and you dont want to start him if they are sitting him.

Yeah, for sure. I also have Golden Tate on my bench, so if it's bad news for Shorts before the game I'll plug-and-play Tate.

Boo! very bad Pun. even if it is somewhat clever.