Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Turn 30 today...

Sorry havent visited that in a while. What was your question in regards to combat experience? I never have fired at anyone if thats what youre asking.

You posted a video and said something about having seen lots of gunshot wounds or bodies, I don't recall exactly what.

Let me guess. I'm good at this.

On November 02 2019 you will turn 40 !

Am I right ?

Nothing gets by you :cheers:

Nothing gets by you :cheers:

Interesting that I'm 12 years older than you and yet we have similar musical tastes. :cheers:

That is definitely a pickup line

I'll have to try it the next time my wife kicks me in the nuts for trying to pick up some young skank in a bar. :o

You posted a video and said something about having seen lots of gunshot wounds or bodies, I don't recall exactly what.

Ooh yea the video showing the aftermath of the shooting in Florida. Yea being a medic in the military you tend to see a good deal of gun shot wounds. Hell even in San Antonio I saw quite a bit of gunshot wounds and people who were actually dead come into the ER back when Wilford Hall was a level 1 trauma center. We even had people from off base brought to us because we were the only level 1 trauma center around until they converted it to a large outpatient clinic and moved all the wards and stuff over to BAMC (Brooks Army Medical Center) across town. So the ER there at Wilford Hall was ALWAYS busy. Ive seen all kinds of stuff come through that ER. Was a great place to work

30 is no big deal. Its 35 when you realize you gotta round up to 40 :cry:

Nope... just change it to rounding by 5s... then 37.5 sucks :(.

Happy bday

I'm getting dangerously close to 40 :(

Me too. Just hit 38 last month. I dont want any more birthdays.

Ive gotten to the age where I really just wish people would let my birthday pass unnoticed. It means nothing to me. But no, I always end up with a cake and a bunch of people.

Interesting that I'm 12 years older than you and yet we have similar musical tastes. :cheers:

One of my buddies really got me into classic rock in my early 20s and I havent looked back. There couldve been no music made in the last 25 years and it wouldnt have bothered me one bit.

One of my buddies really got me into classic rock in my early 20s and I havent looked back. There couldve been no music made in the last 25 years and it wouldnt have bothered me one bit.

Me too. Just K-Pop.

I got back from Germany with the Army in 1992 and things went to sh*t.

Me too. Just K-Pop.

I got back from Germany with the Army in 1992 and things went to sh*t.

Not really. There is still lots of good music made today. Its just not mainstream. I loved the Nashville music scene. Lots of indie goodness.

What really happened is that the studios and labels and radio stations figured out that they dont need artists to make money. All you have to do is find some attractive people, have some stooge write crappy songs for them, auto tune the sh!t out of it, and boom, the money rolls in. Most people arent going to crawl the internet and local clubs looking for the good stuff.

Yes!

While I have beaten mine up over the years, I really started to feel it around 42-43.

For me I started feeling old at 45. No unexplained aches or pains, but I get injured much easier and see my athletic ability declining before my eyes. And Im much less motivated to try and keep up with the 20 and 30 somethings.

But the 30s are great Djgb. Hope you had a happy b-day!

For me I started feeling old at 45. No unexplained aches or pains, but I get injured much easier and see my athletic ability declining before my eyes. And Im much less motivated to try and keep up with the 20 and 30 somethings.

But the 30s are great Djgb. Hope you had a happy b-day!

This whole trip we were on, we were mostly around backpackers in their early 20s. I just cant hang anymore. Dont really want to.

Like the two day jungle trek... I ate dust the whole freaking way. Some really difficult terrain, and my bad knee was dying by the end.

And god, listening to 21 year olds talk just makes my ears bleed. Its the same dumb sh!t Im sure we said when we were that age, but now I just cant stand it.