Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Redzone Data

Looks like M Gordon is pretty good at getting the ball into the zone.

I like it.

Thanks, another fantastic job.

This is a nice piece of Data. I think I may use it to adjust some of my rankings.

Thanks a ton!

I don't find it useful for QBs, but does show who gets used in the red zone a lot like Kyle Rudolph. Bring in a RB and it can be misleading as far as attempts.

I don't find it useful for QBs, but does show who gets used in the red zone a lot like Kyle Rudolph. Bring in a RB and it can be misleading as far as attempts.

Really?

I'd much rather have a QB that is punching it into the endzone than one who isnt.

Quite often it's the TD's that separate the elite QB's from the good.

It's interesting to see

I always enjoy seeing different stats for fantasy purposes

Can't say there is anything ground breaking here though

Tough crowd

• Like 1

I'm just saying it's about how I thought it would be

Lets me know what I'm doing right, sometimes that's as much as knowing what you're doing wrong

Really?

I'd much rather have a QB that is punching it into the endzone than one who isnt.

Quite often it's the TD's that separate the elite QB's from the good.

Id rather have a QB throwing 80 yard bombs, 30 TDs is 30 TDs , I could care less when I look at predictions for overall stats

Id rather have a QB throwing 80 yard bombs, 30 TDs is 30 TDs , I could care less when I look at predictions for overall stats

I think the point would be that 80 yard bombs are harder to predict than a team that throws 65% of the time inside the 20/10/5, etc.

• Like 2

Give me the player that's on the team that's consistently in the redzone and scoring TDs. If a team gets into the redzone consistently and scores consistently then I can trust those players more than a guy that only scores on long plays.

I think the point would be that 80 yard bombs are harder to predict than a team that throws 65% of the time inside the 20/10/5, etc.

You are wasting your time

• Like 1

If Doug overall ranks a QB at 11th best and is in the red zone more then the 2nd overall doesn't mean I take the 11th QB. I just find it a useless stat considering it can be manipulated to play calling and who your running back is. Like Steve Kerr was the best 3 point shooter to play with Michael Jordan but yet he wasn't a starter.

If Doug overall ranks a QB at 11th best and is in the red zone more then the 2nd overall doesn't mean I take the 11th QB. I just find it a useless stat considering it can be manipulated to play calling and who your running back is. Like Steve Kerr was the best 3 point shooter to play with Michael Jordan but yet he wasn't a starter.

I think I know what you are trying to get at, but I don't completely understand what you are saying here. These lists are not rankings, other than to show you what everybody did last year.

Play-calling inside the 20, 10 and 5 is largely determined by personnel and/or who your RB is.

If you don't know how to take advantage of the data then it's best to just ignore it completely.

I don't see really anything to take advantage off.

I find it very good and interesting info.

I guess i just find it all already baked in to the projections for the up coming season and wouldnt find a reason to change your way of drafting any.

I guess i just find it all already baked in to the projections for the up coming season and wouldnt find a reason to change your way of drafting any.

I don't think its meant to change your drafting, rather its helpful when deciding between 2 very closely ranked players. Kinda like sos info.

What projections? Mine, yes. For 95% of fantasy analysts out there, I can assure you they don't look at it.

The idea is seeing which projections have a greater percentage chance of happening. If someone pegs a receiver at 12 touchdowns, but every year they have minimal RZ touchdowns in the same offense, something can be amiss. I might take the guy closing projected that I know is a teams go-to target in the red zone.

These things tend to carry relevance and repeat themselves. It's why Amari Cooper owners keep cursing Michael Crabtree's name on Sundays when the Raiders are inside the 20.

Interesting to me is j Nelson.

I didn't know he had so many inside the 20 and inside the 10.

11 of his 14 tds where inside the 20 and 9 of them inside the ten.

Another reason why I don't see any other Packer player taking away from his production.

The idea is seeing which projections have a greater percentage chance of happening. If someone pegs a receiver at 12 touchdowns, but every year they have minimal RZ touchdowns in the same offense, something can be amiss. I might take the guy closing projected that I know is a teams go-to target in the red zone.

These things tend to carry relevance and repeat themselves. It's why Amari Cooper owners keep cursing Michael Crabtree's name on Sundays when the Raiders are inside the 20.

Amari Cooper has never even caught a pass in the redzone. Look up the stats they are totally crazy

Amari Cooper has never even caught a pass in the redzone. Look up the stats they are totally crazy

I thin it is inside the 10, but it is still a ridiculous state. I put that as much on Musgrave as I do on Carr.

I thin it is inside the 10, but it is still a ridiculous state. I put that as much on Musgrave as I do on Carr.

Side note but hes someone who I think is WAY overvalued as Qb 6 currently on FFC.

They are looking to skew a touch more run heavy and 4 games against Denver and KC?

No thanks

Thanks for the info

now I'm curious how much a healthy Gronk would have effected Blount's TD numbers?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info

now I'm curious how much a healthy Gronk would have effected Blount's TD numbers?

Oooof you just poured some water on my Gillisee pick.

• Like 1

Side note but hes someone who I think is WAY overvalued as Qb 6 currently on FFC.

They are looking to skew a touch more run heavy and 4 games against Denver and KC?

No thanks

Solid points. I doubt he'll be anywhere close to QB6 for me.

Super Cubs that's a great point.

And it truly should have an impact.

Just assume that Gronk would have gotten half of the TDs that would still leave 8 for Blount plus 2 not in the red zone. I would like to think Gillislee is good for 8 total TDs. Maybe more.

2014 and 2015 he only scored 11 rushing tds combine.

Last season te Ebron had only 9 targets inside the twenty.

I think that should go up with Boldin being gone.

Boldin had 31 targets inside the twenty.

Last season te Ebron had only 9 targets inside the twenty.

I think that should go up with Boldin being gone.

Boldin had 31 targets inside the twenty.

He had 22, nine inside the 10.

Yeah sorry about that.

So Ebron had only six targets then inside the twenty.

And Boldin had 22 inside the twenty.

Seems to me that Ebron could be that guy to receive those targets.

And last year Ebron scored only one TD on 61 rec.

I think if he can stay healthy he might be able to score five plus more tds and based on last season ppr numbers he indeed could be a top 6 te.

Yeah sorry about that.

So Ebron had only six targets then inside the twenty.

And Boldin had 22 inside the twenty.

Seems to me that Ebron could be that guy to receive those targets.

And last year Ebron scored only one TD on 61 rec.

I think if he can stay healthy he might be able to score five plus more tds and based on last season ppr numbers he indeed could be a top 6 te.

Its scheme with Ebron. I owned him. They don't look at the TE in the red zone. Unless they have a new OC in Detroit expect the same from Ebron.

With his size I think he might grow into that role for the Lions.

I'm not so sure they have another target that might be a better option for that role.

But your right he hasn't shown that ability to date.

Thanks for the reply.

With his size I think he might grow into that role for the Lions.

I'm not so sure they have another target that might be a better option for that role.

But your right he hasn't shown that ability to date.

Thanks for the reply.

There is no role. They don't scheme TE. They go to RBs and WRs. Ebron could be Tony Gonzalez but it doesn't matter if they don't throw to him.

I'll take any Colt TE with that pick because they scheme TE. It's that simple.

• Like 1

Will I would agree, I have Doyle ranked pretty high on my list.

As for Ebron I would agree he hasn't been used in a role, but I think that's going to change this season.

And again maybe not and your right, but someone will be the redzone target this season and Boldin isn't going to be.

Thanks for the replay.