Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Favorable Value for Trades.....

I'm trying to formulate a trade in my keeper league.

I want to get Jordy and Crow from another team.

In return I can offer OBJ and player x. I'm not sure player x has enough value though. It could be any of the following: RB D Martin, RB Powell, RB J Charles, WR Crabtree or WR E Sanders.

Thoughts?

Yes, dynasty. Sure, he'd maybe do Jordy for OBJ. That isn't the deal I'm looking for. I want Jordy and Crowell. To get both, I'd have to give up 2 players. The WR values are a fairly close match, but I'm not sure I can give him anything that matches up with the value of Crowell. I tried previously to get just Crow, and he seems fairly high on him.

PPR?

Depend on the other persons Rb depth.

But I'm not taking it.

Charles has 0 value in dynasty. I really don't like the idea of the trade on your side and getting Jordy Nelson and giving up OBJ. You must really like Crow. I'd offer up Powell and see if he bites. People seem to underestimate Powell's age. I know he is "low mileage" but he will be going into his age 29 season. It is likely they move past Forte this year and he carries the load next year. After that he is pretty much done. He has been on that team 6 years and their actions bringing in Forte and Robinson over the last couple of years tell me they don't think too highly of him.

If someone offered me a young stud WR for an aging WR only 1-year removed from a knee injury and RB on a terrible team who's going to be splitting duties, I'd laugh in his face while I hit accept and mock him forever for gifting me that deal. I couldn't imagine why'd more would have to be offered.

Jordy is a TD machine as ARod's favorite target. Plus, I worry about OBJ targets slipping with BMarsh on the other side. Plus, the rookie TE in NY could eat into the target load a little too.

Also, I am very high on Crowell.

Jordy is a TD machine as ARod's favorite target. Plus, I worry about OBJ targets slipping with BMarsh on the other side. Plus, the rookie TE in NY could eat into the target load a little too.

Also, I am very high on Crowell.

Jordy is also 32 years old father time is waiting around the corner. I'll give him this and one more year before an unavoidable drop off. Marshall showed last year that 2015 was his swan song, he's not stealing passes from anyone. Beckham should have another 7 years of top end production. There's no way I trade someone with 7 years of high end production for someone with 2 and another player who's a part-timer.

Besides Crowell what other Rbs does the other person have on their roster?

OBJ is worth more in any dynasty format than Jordy + Crowell.

This is what I was gonna post. I'm very surprised he won't do a 2 for 1 deal.

I would just chalk it up to a lost cause right now. Maybe revisit the deal after 2-3 games, see if he'd bite then.

Even though you're getting 2 players you really like. You're already over paying with just OBJ. There's no need to really do anything drastic.

In a keeper or a redraft league, sure. But not in a dynasty league.

Jordy is also 32 years old father time is waiting around the corner. I'll give him this and one more year before an unavoidable drop off. Marshall showed last year that 2015 was his swan song, he's not stealing passes from anyone. Beckham should have another 7 years of top end production. There's no way I trade someone with 7 years of high end production for someone with 2 and another player who's a part-timer.

Most top WR's are playing til age 35 these days. some longer.... but it gets dicey at around 35 years of age.

OBJ is one of the most valuable assets you can have in dynasty right now

I wouldn't trade him

Jordy Nelson is on a year to year basis

OBJ should do you good for at least 5 seasons and probably more

Most top WR's are playing til age 35 these days. some longer.... but it gets dicey at around 35 years of age.

35? I think you're being a little too generous. I went back 5 years and found only a small handful of players (Fitzgerald, Boldin, Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Steve Smith), at the age of 32 (or older), that cracked the 1,000 yard mark. Wayne was the oldest at age 34. None at 35.

• Like 1

It's all for naught now as he traded Jordy to a guy that has nothing I'd be interested in. For the record I'm ok with keeping OBJ. lol

It's all for naught now as he traded Jordy to a guy that has nothing I'd be interested in. For the record I'm ok with keeping OBJ. lol

Out of curiosity, what was the trade?

<p>He gave up Jordy and a pick for Julio Jones.  The guy that owned Jones also has Green and Cooks so he'll be able to keep 2 out of those 3.  I'm not interested in Green or Cooks. </p>

<p>He gave up Jordy and a pick for Julio Jones.  The guy that owned Jones also has Green and Cooks so he'll be able to keep 2 out of those 3.  I'm not interested in Green or Cooks. </p>

Big win for the guy getting Julio.

This is about what I was expecting. That's not a lot and it's very rare for 34 year olds... as you saw, only 3 were able to crack 1,000 from 34 on. So as I said, I give him 1, maybe 2 years... but that's it.

Umm...there's 23 occurrences on that list that surpassed 1,000 receiving yards at or older than 34 years old.

Umm...there's 23 occurrences on that list that surpassed 1,000 receiving yards at or older than 34 years old.

My statements were in response to Ray T's point that "Most top WR's are playing til age 35 these days. some longer." "These days" is relative, but I'm not going back to 2000 for "these days", I'm going back 5-7 years. In that time frame, you're talking about 2010... the total number since 2010, is 2 . If you include go back to as far as 2007, then you're at 9, but really on 7 different players (Mason and Owens did it twice).

Since my point was that Jordy is 32 and has 1 to 2 years left of top play in him, I'm going to say that I'm pretty reasonable. No?

I don't know if you are or not.

But I'm not trading Crowell and Nelson for Beckham.

My statements were in response to Ray T's point that "Most top WR's are playing til age 35 these days. some longer." "These days" is relative, but I'm not going back to 2000 for "these days", I'm going back 5-7 years. In that time frame, you're talking about 2010... the total number since 2010, is 2 . If you include go back to as far as 2007, then you're at 9, but really on 7 different players (Mason and Owens did it twice).

Since my point was that Jordy is 32 and has 1 to 2 years left of top play in him, I'm going to say that I'm pretty reasonable. No?

Sample size is relevant in this discussion. Since 2010, only 13 players have even caught a pass at 35 or older. Many of those that have though, had some major fantasy impact the years prior. We just don't know how hard the drop off will be for Nelson. Is it gradual like Steve Smiff or a sharp decline?

Would I take Jordy expecting WR1 numbers for the next three years? Not necessarily.

But his range of projections for a full 16 games is among the best in the NFL for the next two seasons. High ceiling and high floor. If I'm a win-now team I would love to have Jordy. Doesn't change that I still wouldn't do this trade.

Haging said that, he doesn't need to surpass 1,000 yards to be a top-tier player. He turned 15 targets inside the 10 yard line into 9 touchdowns last year. As long as Rodgers is on the field, I like any pass catcher on that team.

Not one "wrong forum" or "take it to A Little Help"?

And its a booty question anyway. I mean Maulers could have felt that Jordy and Crowder might put him over the top this year. And he was going to add to OBJ. This is how you ruin your dynasty squad.

I love all the positive answers and inquires.

So I am going to post a Rate My Team post.

I would prefer fair, honest and balanced thoughts on the greatness of my squad.

Not one "wrong forum" or "take it to A Little Help"?

And its a booty question anyway. I mean Maulers could have felt that Jordy and Crowder might put him over the top this year. And he was going to add to OBJ. This is how you ruin your dynasty squad.

I love all the positive answers and inquires.

So I am going to post a Rate My Team post.

I would prefer fair, honest and balanced thoughts on the greatness of my squad.

Wrong forum

Sample size is relevant in this discussion. Since 2010, only 13 players have even caught a pass at 35 or older. Many of those that have though, had some major fantasy impact the years prior. We just don't know how hard the drop off will be for Nelson. Is it gradual like Steve Smiff or a sharp decline?

Would I take Jordy expecting WR1 numbers for the next three years? Not necessarily.

But his range of projections for a full 16 games is among the best in the NFL for the next two seasons. High ceiling and high floor. If I'm a win-now team I would love to have Jordy. Doesn't change that I still wouldn't do this trade.

Haging said that, he doesn't need to surpass 1,000 yards to be a top-tier player. He turned 15 targets inside the 10 yard line into 9 touchdowns last year. As long as Rodgers is on the field, I like any pass catcher on that team.

well, there is no doubt he's getting to the point where age is going to be a factor in the next 2-3 years.

It does help having a top notch QB tossing him the ball.

Personally, I think he has one more year at the top, and then we will start to see a decline. Whether that decline is sharp or mild remains to be seen,

The fact the Pack didnt draft anyone until round 5 says to me they agree with this.

but it would not surprise me if they draft somebody in next year's draft.

As for Jordy.... if you dont think your team is competitive enough to win this year, you should look at possibly unloading him while the price is good. I still expect he will have good value next year, but he will be a year older and people will naturally not be willing to pay the same price for him. Your best return is now if you plan to trade him.