Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Allergy Shots

Anybody ever taken these or have a family member do so?

I'm not talking for food allergies or anything like that, but I've battled pollen (which is killer in NC) and apparently after a skin test Dust Mites (wtf?) all my life. I take Zyrtec daily in the spring and fall and in the winter/summer Neti Pot. It all helps but its a pain.

Finally went to an allergist because I'm over it. He said Allergy Shots should work. It's not the biggest deal in the world but if I can take some shots and not have worry about it anymore that's a no brainer right?

Well, do they work? :mellow:

Took them in both arms, 2x a week for years when I was a kid. I had it bad. Now I have the occasional allergy attack, but I can function. They work.

I had nasty late summer allergies. Like where I couldn't see or function if I wasn't in air conditioning all day. Zertec and Claritin helped, but they were a treatment, not a cure.

The thing that ended my allergies? Moving to another state and experiencing different pollen. Even after I moved back to the state where the allergies occurred, I was never affected again. I can't explain it.

I feel bad for you. There is nothing worse than that constant weezing and feeling like you have to sneeze. And the sinus pressure.

They work. My younger son suffered - was pulling mucous literally out of his eyes as a kid. Now years later down to one shot per month and allergy free - more or less.

Several years back I did sublingual allergy drops (under the tongue) for maybe a year and stopped thinking it was a scam, but I swear my allergies are way better now. Insurance didn't cover it for me so that was also a factor in stopping. Never did the shots.

I had nasty late summer allergies. Like where I couldn't see or function if I wasn't in air conditioning all day. Zertec and Claritin helped, but they were a treatment, not a cure.

The thing that ended my allergies? Moving to another state and experiencing different pollen. Even after I moved back to the state where the allergies occurred, I was never affected again. I can't explain it.

I feel bad for you. There is nothing worse than that constant weezing and feeling like you have to sneeze. And the sinus pressure.

This is what I have now. Never any problems up until the age of 40. Then, whammo! Mid August thru Sept is godawful for me.

My nose becomes the Niagra Falls of snot and I wanna claw my eyes out with a rusted sand wedge.

My youngest son has them. He used to be a mess in the spring with pollen. Puffed up and couldn't see. Now he can function with some Zyrtec. They worked for him.

in the butt?

Cool, thanks for the input. So the consensus is they work. Not an end all be all but worth it. :thumbsup:

Several years back I did sublingual allergy drops (under the tongue) for maybe a year and stopped thinking it was a scam, but I swear my allergies are way better now. Insurance didn't cover it for me so that was also a factor in stopping. Never did the shots.

Do you recall the brand? What type of allergies?

Like most things its probably just placebo, but if people say they work then they work, maybe.

Been back on them for just over a year. Has definitely helped me as this allergy season has been awful for many here and hasnt bothered me as much.

I did allergy shots for 3 years while I was in college, twice a week, didn't help at all.

Tequila doesn't count

Had a bad experience with Tequila (upside down Margaritas) also in college and haven't had it since.

Had a bad experience with Tequila (upside down Margaritas) also in college and haven't had it since.

Probably an allergy.

:lol:

I took them for years as a kid. Only side effects were a 14 inch dong. Only 1 out of 5 girls csn even take it. Its a curse.