Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

'Specific info' forces WikiLeaks to move anticipated announcement to Berlin

Julian Assange canceled a dramatic London balcony address on Tuesday in favor of a video presentation in Berlin after WikiLeaks developed "specific information" regarding Assange's safety, the leaked emails clearinghouse tweeted on Monday afternoon.

Some believe the video announcement by the WikiLeaks founder could be an "October surprise" geared towards the U.S. presidential election. Supporters of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump have said they believe the announcement will be damaging to the candidacy of Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Assange, 45, who has lived in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London for five years as officials in Sweden have sought him on criminal charges, is set to address supporters in Berlin via a video link at 3 a.m. ET.

“I don’t want to give it away,” Assange told Fox News Channel’s Megyn Kelly in August, when he indicated he had a major scoop that could influence the race. “But it’s a variety of documents, from different types of institutions that are associated with the election campaign, some quite unexpected angles, some quite interesting, some even entertaining.”

In a subsequent interview with Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity last month, Assange said his next round of revelations was coming “reasonably soon.”

Assange has already played a key role in the presidential race, with the release of 20,000 internal emails that indicated the Democratic National Committee appeared to conspire to prevent Bernie Sanders from winning the nomination. Those revelations surfaced in August, just before the party’s convention, proving embarrassing to Clinton’s campaign. They also led to the resignation of DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Though no recent public revelations directly tie to Assange's security fears, various U.S. officials and pundits have made threatening statements directed at him in the past. WikiLeaks on Monday tweeted an alleged quote from a 2010 State Department meeting at which then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asked if Assange could be killed in a drone strike. That same year, former Democrat strategist Bob Beckel said on Fox News Channel that "a dead man can't leak stuff."

Assange also has hinted that deceased DNC staffer Seth Rich may have been a source for WikiLeaks. Rich, 27, was found with multiple gunshot wounds to the back at a Washington, D.C., intersection in July. He died soon thereafter. Authorities believe Rich was the target of a botched robbery, but his death has inspired conspiracy theories.

WikiLeaks has published more than 10 million leaked emails, including sensitive information about prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, U.S. military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and a cache of diplomatic cables from U.S. embassies around the world.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/specific-info-forces-wikileaks-to-move-anticipated-announcement-to-berlin/ar-BBwWJZO?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

Two questions...

What will be released?

Did he catch wind that the Clintons had put a hit on him?

I think she was joking when she asked about a drone strike on him. I think.

That guy is batsh!t crazy.....has he not been paying attention to what happens to people who cross the Clinton's?

That guy is batsh!t crazy.....has he not been paying attention to what happens to people who cross the Clinton's?

He's already a dead man walking so why not fock with the devil.

• Like 1

He's already a dead man walking so why not fock with the devil.

Yes and yes.

I am sure whatever it is, it will get swept under the rug by the mainstream media, Hillary, and her supporters.

He was supposed to release it last week, probably doesn't have the goods if he spends more time hyping and stalling

I am sure whatever it is, it will get swept under the rug by the mainstream media, Hillary, and her supporters.

bingo

He was supposed to release it last week, probably doesn't have the goods if he spends more time hyping and stalling

Right. It will be labeled as not relevant or something, meanwhile throttle up the lambasting of Trump over his statements from 1996 about a woman who's contest victory was almost entirely based on her appearance.....yeah.....

Can Big Guy update the Clinton body count now or do we have to wait 'til the formalities are over with?

Right. It will be labeled as not relevant or something, meanwhile throttle up the lambasting of Trump over his statements from 1996 about a woman who's contest victory was almost entirely based on her appearance.....yeah.....

Let's see what it is first...

If Trump can "stand in the middle of 5th ave. and shoot someone and not lose voters", I'm not sure how Hillary can top that.

"A lot of people are saying..."

:rolleyes:

If he's actually got something than release it

While he's still alive.

Can Big Guy update the Clinton body count now or do we have to wait 'til the formalities are over with?

I'll go reserve a space soon :ninja:

I took it as that being the likely reason he cancelled his balcony address.

Bullsh*t. They're not ignoring him now as he's doing his Brett Favre maybe retirement media dance. Hillary's scandals do get aired in the MSM and whatever he releases will surely get plenty of coverage, especially with all the hype. It could be huge as the Clintons are capable of huge scandals or it could be a bunch of BS. We'll see soon.

If this is good enough, I'll make a contribution to Wikileaks

• Like 1

Too focking funny. Wiki totally played Fox and the Trumpeteers for nothing more than a commercial for Wikileaks - begging for donations and selling their books "40% off!" !!!

OMG. Hopefully, this spells the end for this dooshbag.

The announcement by WikiLeaks that it would host a major news conference Tuesday only seemed to confirm that the bombshell was ready to burst. The pro-Trump, anti-Clinton media world rippled with fevered speculation.

But if an October surprise about the Democratic nominee really is coming, it will have to wait a little longer.

Over the course of two hours on Tuesday — with the world’s media and bleary-eyed Trump die-hards across the United States tuning in — Assange and other WikiLeaks officials railed against “neo-McCarthyist hysteria,” blasted the mainstream media, appealed for donations and plugged their books (“40 percent off!”).

Over the course of two hours on Tuesday — with the world’s media and bleary-eyed Trump die-hards across the United States tuning in — Assange and other WikiLeaks officials railed against “neo-McCarthyist hysteria,” blasted the mainstream media, appealed for donations and plugged their books (“40 percent off!”).

[Trump may like these remarks made by Putin about the U.S.]

But what they didn’t do was provide any new information about Clinton — or about anything else, really.

The much-vaunted news conference, as it turned out, was little more than an extended infomercial for WikiLeaks on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its founding.

Assange, whose group released a trove of hacked Democratic National Committee documents on the eve of the party’s convention this summer, breezily dismissed the idea that anyone should have expected any news at his news conference.

[Snowden and WikiLeaks clash over leaked Democratic Party emails]

“If we are going to make a major publication about the U.S., we wouldn't do it at 3 a.m.," Assange said at one point, referring to the Eastern daylight start time for the event.

That didn’t go over well with Trump backers who had stayed up through the night, thinking they’d be watching live the unveiling of the death blow to the Clinton campaign.

"A lot of people are saying..."

:rolleyes:

If he's actually got something than release it

*then*

Poor Trump supporters. Played for fools by fraudsters of all stripes :(

I don't think most people are kidding themselves about Trump. The menu only has two choices.

Too focking funny. Wiki totally played Fox and the Trumpeteers for nothing more than a commercial for Wikileaks - begging for donations and selling their books "40% off!" !!!

B-E--S-U-R-E--T-O--D-R-I-N-K--Y-O-U-R--O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E-!

B-E--S-U-R-E--T-O--D-R-I-N-K--Y-O-U-R--O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E-!

Son of a b!tch!

• Like 1

Yeah. Assange and Wikileaks were frauds when they published those Panama Papers too huh? Didn't have any effect whatsoever on numerous foreign countries.

But CNN calls them Russian operatives and suddenly they're frauds and all subsequent releases are debunked.

Yeah. Assange and Wikileaks were frauds when they published those Panama Papers too huh? Didn't have any effect whatsoever on numerous foreign countries.

But CNN calls them Russian operatives and suddenly they're frauds and all subsequent releases are debunked.

Those Panama Papers sure didn't last long in the news cycle. Same with the Diplomatic Cables. I'm sure the PTB had something to do with that.

Assange and his crew should learn that one leak is a story, a million leaks is a footnote.

And, he's a fraud for the stunt he pulled today (in my eyes). He really shot himself in the foot.

Those Panama Papers sure didn't last long in the news cycle. Same with the Diplomatic Cables. I'm sure the PTB had something to do with that.

Assange and his crew should learn that one leak is a story, a million leaks is a footnote.

And, he's a fraud for the stunt he pulled today (in my eyes). He really shot himself in the foot.

Your eyes are bloodshot, so there's that.

I don't think most people are kidding themselves about Trump. The menu only has two choices.

It really only has one. Trump is not a viable choice. Not even a little bit.

I find it pretty crappy that this guy supposedly has something, and chooses to sit on it until it's too late. This basically depriving the voters of any choice at all.

I'm beginning to smell bullsh!t though.

There actually appears to be quite a bit coming out. You may want to revisit this one Wiffle.

From Hillary being fed town hall questions, huge shock, to her campaign disparaging Catholics. I look forward to a full report.

Agreed, Johnson or Hillary.

Good call

Good call as well. Dumbass

It's Russia's fault Hillary and her campaign said that stuff. And the Trump supporters are the stupid ones.

good call, awaiting to see your drunkin stupor nothing to see here everyone does it long winded idiotic deflection on this one.

It's Russia's fault Hillary and her campaign said that stuff. And the Trump supporters are the stupid ones.

And it should all be taken as gospel, since they haven't grossly been busted on a gross misattribution since yesterday.

Strangely, the source of that misattribution appears likely to have been Sputnik, Putin's personal propaganda outlet, but yeah, no reason to think Russia is playing any role in this stuff. :thumbsup:

And it should all be taken as gospel, since they haven't grossly been busted on a gross misattribution since yesterday.

Strangely, the source of that misattribution appears likely to have been Sputnik, Putin's personal propaganda outlet, but yeah, no reason to think Russia is playing any role in this stuff. :thumbsup:

So what if it is the Russians? That's the FBI's issue to look into. How about she answers up for the lies she's been shown to have told? How about answering up for the bigots that work in her campaign? How about the DNC answers up for their debate shenanigans? Nope. Just tell their idiot supporters that the Russinas did it. Talk about deflection. And they know the idiots will accept what they are told. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

I wonder if these leaks contain any info on hillary's real opinion on Putin :dunno:

I wonder if these leaks contain any info on hillary's real opinion on Putin :dunno:

She probably admires him.