Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Would you enjoy this job situation?

Pays you better $ than youve ever made / very close to a 6-figure salary, but other than being sometimes busy its totally unchallenging because your boss is a micromanager and youre expected to handle only a fraction of the responsibilities youre capable of.

Im asking for a friend.

So you're saying this, uh, friend, does not make 6 figures now?

he'd better not post here :mad:

• Like 1

So you're saying this, uh, friend, does not make 6 figures now?

he'd better not post here :mad:

He makes $95. I told him the poors post at FBG.

He makes $95. I told him the poors post at FBG.

Seems like a no-brainer :cheers:

I posted there while I was on hiatus from here.,

They lie about everything there too :( even more so if you ask me

Sure, why not.

Im asking if it would bother you to not be challenged by your job if youre getting paid really well I guess.

It depends on your... errr...your friend's motivation.

If it's money that drives you, I say go ahead and take it.

I can't stand micromanagers and only being able to do a fraction of what I'm capable of seems like it would get real old, real fast.

Im asking if it would bother you to not be challenged by your job if youre getting paid really well I guess.

you're too young to be bored. and what is the option? posting here more :o

Maybe, could they see my computer monitor?

I would work on other job skills. Typically my job slows down 1-2 times a year for a month at a time and during that time I make up my own projects. The last time my job slowed down I used to learn angular.

I have been posting more on the geek club this last week, but that is burnout related. I was working too much and with too many deadlines. Starting last week I reached critical mass.

for a little while. if it gets to 60% intolerable, time to look. really depends on the conditions though. people have differing levels for different facets of work culture.

I've literally got a full page of ToDo's just from today, so I'm inclined to take that job. Except this is the Geek Club so I'd negotiate for $300K.

Seriously though, it depends on a few things. One, where are you in life? I'm 50 and past my desire to rule the world, so more money for less work sounds good. Two, is there no room for growth after you get there? Sure you hire in with micromanager guy, but can you see a path to moving on in the near future either within the company or something else outside? Because in general, more money is a good thing. :cheers:

• Like 1

This guy sounds like a real loser. Probably did a variety of drugs in the past and spent over a decade posting all day on a lightly trafficked message board instead of working harder.

so you'll only have to make 1 coffee run and get paid more? no brainer kid :thumbsup:

and then once you're in there you can convince them you can fetch 2x the coffee and get donuts and pastries too.

Pays you better $ than youve ever made / very close to a 6-figure salary, but other than being sometimes busy its totally unchallenging because your boss is a micromanager and youre expected to handle only a fraction of the responsibilities youre capable of.

Im asking for a friend.

Could be depending on your his life situation. Working 40 hours a week and not attached to the office 24/7 has its advantages.

No, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take it.

One of the bigger lessons I had to learn in life was that if you're looking for your job to fulfill or satisfy you, you got other weaknesses in your life.

Or, more succinctly, there's a reason why they pay you to be there. If it was sunshine and champagne they wouldn't have to.

• Like 1

Im asking for a friend.

Im sorta in this position now. Ive been in firehouses for over 20 years and have been allowed to pretty well flourish and have 99% influence of how my crews operated. I was thought of highly and was known to have some of the best crews in the city. It felt great because I was making a difference and controlled my own success.

Now Im at a desk. Im not quite making 6 figures, but Im not being allowed to make decisions that affect my men. On top of it all, my boss is an idiot in addition to micromanaging. Its very confining. Its literally like Im not even there. Fuk it. 10 more years and I retire at 52 with 74% salary.

Im asking for a friend.

Your boss realizes you are slacker and can't handle anymore. He's a go getter and making sure stuff gets done while you post here. Just be grateful he doesn't fire you. Keep the coffee hot and wear those tight dresses.

Im asking for a friend.

Sounds like good $ for easy street. :dunno:

I mean you gotta deal with some bullsh1t but oh well.

Unless youre ambitious. The downside I see is limited responsibility equals less marketability so if you want to move up or elsewhere (or youre worried about stability) then yeah, thats a drawback.

No, but I'm a very stable genius. I have the best words. Ask any body.

I posted there while I was on hiatus from here.,

So it was a timeout ?

What you do ?

Thought you quit us.

Hoped you did

Being challenged and engaged at work certainly cuts down on the drudgery. Mindless, mundane work sucks, and so do micro-managing bosses, and office politics.

If the money is top tier, Id be tempted to ride it out and find other ways to challenge myself in my personal life. After all, work is just what I do to earn money. Its not who I am.

Best of luck.

I could not work at a job that was mindless and repetitive. I was doing that making over 100k a year and decided to go back to pipe fitting. Same money and more work, but it wasnt turning my brain into mush

He's going to sell insurance? :unsure:

So it was a timeout ?

What you do ?

Thought you quit us.

Hoped you did

no.

posted at FBG

never :wub:

gfy

no. :rolleyes:

posted at FBG :mad:

never :wall:

gfy :cheers:

No I wouldnt. Mindless job is OK; I bet most jobs get this way once youve worked them long enough. Micromanaging boss is the nonstarter, unless the pay raise is absolutely life changing,

No I wouldnt. Mindless job is OK; I bet most jobs get this way once youve worked them long enough. Micromanaging boss is the nonstarter, unless the pay raise is absolutely life changing,

Horrible employees must be micromanaged

Boss be damned, if you made under 6 figs, you would take any pay raise that comes. I doubt his current job is overly stimulating.

While true, some bosses are inherently overbearing as well.

My guess is these types were burned by poor employees and then go overboard the other way even to good employees. The sad part is they don't realize it.

My guess is these types were burned by poor employees and then go overboard the other way even to good employees. The sad part is they don't realize it.

Maybe, but you see it in all fields. I think it has more to with the bosses personality type, as some refuse to delegate or trust their underlings to do even the simplest jobs.

If you have a boss, learn how to do their job better than they do it.

Everything has a price......... I enjoy my freedoms and flexibility as much as I do what money I make. It's the kind of freedoms and flexibility that aren't normally associated with micro-managing bosses..

Not saying I wouldn't take this kind of job, but it would have to be a such a sizable jump in pay that it would be a life changer.