Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Nothing on trump telling PR the gubment only helps those

10,000 federal aid works are on the ground. FEMA is so over whelmed they sent an email to pretty much all federal agencies looking for people to help work call centers and assist with clean up. Even with all that Trump has done everything he can short of sending millions of unmarked dollars of aid that never make it to the people. That is what PR officials are really mad about.

On 9/18 - President Trump approved the first Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration. http://i.magaimg.net/img/1gz5.jpg

On 9/26 - President Trump updated the declaration to cover 100% of the cost because PR is bankrupt: http://i.magaimg.net/img/1h0e.png

Again, Here is a map of the Emergency Operation Centers in Puerto Rico (in Spanish). Also, commodity deliveries are being made to the City Halls.

http://prfaa.pr.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Oficinas-Regionales.pdf

The ports reopened on 9/26, but some have restrictions in size and times: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHSCG/bulletins/1b98ce4

There was no need to panic over the Jones Act, until the Ports large enough were reopened, and when they did President Trump did waive the Jones Act: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/28/trump-waives-shipping-restrictions-puerto-rico/711541001/

As of 9/27, only two of the airports were open, but it appears all are back online today: http://i.magaimg.net/img/1h0r.png

90% of the island has been searched and rescues have been performed: http://i.magaimg.net/img/1hkn.jpg

Here is the status of the roads: http://i.magaimg.net/img/1hld.png

The National Guard has been performing much of the rescues (9/23):

Here are tweets from the Puerto Rico National Guard: https://twitter.com/PRNationalGuard/

Here is debris clean up and delivery with smaller trucks (9/28):

Here are photos of the ongoing assistance from the Navy: http://www.navy.mil/viewGallery.asp?id=205

Here are tweets from the ongoing processes from FEMA (main): https://twitter.com/fema

Here are tweets from FEMA region 2, covering Puerto Rico and the smaller islands: https://twitter.com/femaregion2

Here is a live vessel tracker for the world, but it doesn't look like PR's port transponders are pinging boats in the vicinity unless they have sat phones??

https://www.vesselfinder.com/

• Like 2

good post C dub. I watched an interview with one of the acting FEMA guys. You know, since Trump can't get a s*** together long enough to actually a point of FEMA director. This poor guy and all the people around him have been busting their asses for weeks now but because Trump had to spout off on an early-morning tweetstorm, that's all I ever wanted to talk about. As always, it's the boots on the ground that are getting the work done. But it's the pumpkin in the oval that makes your life a hell of a lot harder just by his immature little rants. Even if he's right, and I have no doubt that there's a part of that, just keep your f****** Gob shut and let the people who actually do this for a living do it? I would say the exact same thing to that mare as well. She totally jumped the chain of command.

That's why we shouldn't have women or senile old men holding any offices.

President Trump is going above and beyond to help the people of Puerto Rico. And they don't deserve it.

Wiff if you just turn off twitter your world will be a better place. He uses twitter to stir up everyone. Especially liberals cause it makes his base grow when people see libs whining so much while things are actually getting done

• Like 1

President Trump is going above and beyond to help the people of Puerto Rico. And they don't deserve it.

No he's not. He's f****** golfing right now. I'll give plenty of credit to the FEMA guys and a military guys and everybody else that's working to make that a better situation, but he just got his little f****** thin-skinned hurt and fired off a few mean tweets before he kicked off his golfing day. That's some great a b******* right there. As badly as Bush was lambasted, at least he kept his f****** gob shut.

Seriously, just shut the f****** and golf you senile old retard. You're not qualified for the job. You have severe mental issues. Just let the right people do what they already know how to do. They're far better at their job than you've proven to be at yours you unqualified Carny Barker. And by the way, your little Mean Tweets? Only make it harder for the boots on the ground.

Wiff if you just turn off twitter your world will be a better place. He uses twitter to stir p everyone. Especially liberals cause it makes his base grow when people see libs whining so much while things are actually getting done

This. Not like I read Twitter anyways but I see no reason to follow this idiot's posts on that platform. The only reason I ever know what he tweeted is Wiff. Would be so much nicer if we could all just agree he's an idiot that posts stupid things. And get on with our lives.

This. Not like I read Twitter anyways but I see no reason to follow this idiot's posts on that platform. The only reason I ever know what he tweeted is Wiff. Would be so much nicer if we could all just agree he's an idiot that posts stupid things. And get on with our lives.

Yeah, guys? Every f****** new source in the world reports on his tweets. You don't exactly have to join the Dark web and do deep data mining to find out what's on this senile old fucks mind.

I don't as a matter of course do Twitter. I don't like it. I don't understand it. But I do try to stay informed. And, as many have admitted on this board previously, this is the only place that many of you Get your news from. Which is pretty damn sad given the current state of affairs. Almost as sad as the 65% or whatever of people who openly admit they get all of their news from Facebook. And you wonder why our country is so incredibly f*****-up.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/28/554297787/puerto-rico-relief-goods-sit-undistributed-at-ports

Millions of people in Puerto Rico need fuel, water, food and medicine. More than a week after Hurricane Maria devastated the island, major infrastructure is still down. Stores have trouble filling their shelves. Families are running low on the supplies they stockpiled before the storm, and across the island, many residents say they haven't seen any aid deliveries.
Meanwhile, at the port in San Juan, row after row of refrigerated shipping containers sit humming. They've been there for days, goods locked away inside.

It's almost like they are over whelmed with support. Short of spooning the food and water directly into their mouths I'm not sure what else we can do for them

• Like 1

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/28/554297787/puerto-rico-relief-goods-sit-undistributed-at-ports

Millions of people in Puerto Rico need fuel, water, food and medicine. More than a week after Hurricane Maria devastated the island, major infrastructure is still down. Stores have trouble filling their shelves. Families are running low on the supplies they stockpiled before the storm, and across the island, many residents say they haven't seen any aid deliveries.

Meanwhile, at the port in San Juan, row after row of refrigerated shipping containers sit humming. They've been there for days, goods locked away inside.

It's almost like they are over whelmed with support. Short of spooning the food and water directly into their mouths I'm not sure what else we can do for them

This. My relatives are reporting that there are aid personnel all over the place; what is missing is a logistics support infrastructure that can deliver the aid already there to the people who need it.

It's because Puerto Rico is seriously effed up, and was before a hurricane hit.

I have heard its because there is still about 90% of the island without cell service, making coordination impossible

You don't need cell service to distribute goods. You have the central hub San yuan and set up distribution hubs around the island. Looking at a map I think 10-15 would work fine. From the distribution hubs you hit the surrounding communities. Now that rescue efforts are pretty much over you have the national guard clear roads. If the guard can't clear the road you send an advance party to the town with instructions to clear the road because supplies are ready to be delivered today. You keep convoys moving to the distribution hubs and supplies moving to the smaller communities. It's not that hard.Hell PR is only -250 miles around we're not talking a large area

They should stfu and be grateful for what they get. They have run themselves into the ground way before any hurricane touched down. We have to send the freakin army in so they don't kill each other? The Army?

I have heard its because there is still about 90% of the island without cell service, making coordination impossible

That's true too, but it shouldn't screw up central distribution. It is literally lack of proper or sufficient vehicles to take the supplies inland.

Regardless, for a guy who just yesterday kept saying bad Optics bad Optics. You know what he did as soon as he got done talking about price and his bad Optics? He literally was on his way to the helicopter to spend another golf weekend as he made those comments.

After Katrina especially, maybe don't complain about bad Optics, then go on your 40th golf outing while San Juan and the rest of Puerto Rico is bitching about their conditions?

Again, it's just a question of Optics and judgment. Reminds me of that biblical story about the Splinter in another man's eye when you've got a beam in your own.

as f***** up as Katrina was, and as f***** up as the entire state and local governments in Louisiana was, you never heard Bush getting into a pissing match with the locals. Delegate your s*** to the FEMA guys and be done with it. I know this would never happen, but be the grown up in the room and Rise Above.

No matter who's at fault, this is the guy who picked a fight with the mayor of London damn near while the terrorist attack or whatever it was going to shape up to be was still going on. Pretty easy to have internet muscles while you're tweeting from thousands of miles away. With that on your resume, maybe sit this one out no?

Adding, how sad is it that we're looking at Bush's handling of Katrina as the more measured grown-up and professional of the two responses.

Adding, how sad is it that we're looking at Bush's handling of Katrina as the more measured grown-up and professional of the two responses.

Stop it. The Trump admin has been amazing in Houston, Florida and PR. There is no question about this.

• Like 1

Just an example of the Trump administration being amazing in Puerto Rico. I'm imagining Republicans and Democrats alike could certainly use $156 million for various government expenditures. Maybe Trump should call on Brock Long to make up the difference since FEMA gave this woman the money.

Great quote from this grifter too:

“They probably should have gone with someone else, but I’m assuming they did not because this was the third hurricane” after Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, Ms. Brown said. “They were trying to fill the orders the best they could.”

For this huge task, FEMA tapped Tiffany Brown, an Atlanta entrepreneur with no experience in large-scale disaster relief and at least five canceled government contracts in her past. FEMA awarded her $156 million for the job, and Ms. Brown, who is the sole owner and employee of her company, Tribute Contracting LLC, set out to find some help.

Ms. Brown, who is adept at navigating the federal contracting system, hired a wedding caterer in Atlanta with a staff of 11 to freeze-dry wild mushrooms and rice, chicken and rice, and vegetable soup. She found a nonprofit in Texas that had shipped food aid overseas and domestically, including to a Houston food bank after Hurricane Harvey.

By the time 18.5 million meals were due, Tribute had delivered only 50,000. And FEMA inspectors discovered a problem: The food had been packaged separately from the pouches used to heat them. FEMA’s solicitation required “self-heating meals.”

Tribute has been awarded dozens of government contracts since 2013, including one in 2015 for $1.2 million in mattresses for the Defense Logistics Agency, which supports military combat troops, federal spending databases show. Tribute delivered the mattresses, according to the agency. The databases offer only a fragmented picture of federal contracts.

The government has also canceled Tribute contracts on at least five occasions.

Four cancellations involved the Federal Prison System, which found that Tribute failed to deliver meat, bakery, cereal and other food products to various correctional institutions. A fifth termination involved the Government Publishing Office, which terminated a contract for 3,000 tote bags after Tribute failed to print the Marine Corps logo on both sides of the bags.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/us/fema-contract-puerto-rico.html?smid=tw-share

Well, it sounds like they gave that contract to a double, possibly triple minority. And that's what's really important here, not the hungry people.

How's Haiti ?

Last I checked Puerto Rico is part of this country. Haiti isn't. Nice deflection though. For someone who wants to drain the swamp, shouldn't you be angry that our government continues to give contracts out to inept people, wasting money that could be used for your wall?

Last I checked Puerto Rico is part of this country. Haiti isn't. Nice deflection though. For someone who wants to drain the swamp, shouldn't you be angry that our government continues to give contracts out to inept people, wasting money that could be used for your wall?

Inept people? Racist. Sexist. Homophobic?

Inept people? Racist. Sexist. Homophobic?

Aww...you on tilt that FEMA focked up again under a Republican president?

Yeah drobs, wtf is wrong with you. We're allowed to bilk Haitians...

:doh:

Yeah drobs, wtf is wrong with you. We're allowed to bilk Haitians...

:doh:

"Bilk the Haitians"

The bilking here came from someone in the US doing it to our own government. I'm old enough to remember when fiscal conservatism was a focal point of the GOP

No. Those rules were in place long ago. Not Trumps fault.

Regardless, for a guy who just yesterday kept saying bad Optics bad Optics. You know what he did as soon as he got done talking about price and his bad Optics? He literally was on his way to the helicopter to spend another golf weekend as he made those comments.

After Katrina especially, maybe don't complain about bad Optics, then go on your 40th golf outing while San Juan and the rest of Puerto Rico is bitching about their conditions?

Again, it's just a question of Optics and judgment. Reminds me of that biblical story about the Splinter in another man's eye when you've got a beam in your own.

as f***** up as Katrina was, and as f***** up as the entire state and local governments in Louisiana was, you never heard Bush getting into a pissing match with the locals. Delegate your s*** to the FEMA guys and be done with it. I know this would never happen, but be the grown up in the room and Rise Above.

No matter who's at fault, this is the guy who picked a fight with the mayor of London damn near while the terrorist attack or whatever it was going to shape up to be was still going on. Pretty easy to have internet muscles while you're tweeting from thousands of miles away. With that on your resume, maybe sit this one out no?

Trump-bashing Puerto Rican mayor reportedly facing FBI corruption probe

The mayor of Puerto Rico who shot to international fame after criticizing President Trump for not doing enough to help Hurricane Maria victims is being investigated by the FBI on corruption charges, according to multiple news outlets.

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz and her administration are under fire for allegedly obstructing critical supplies from reaching victims of the category-4 hurricane that leveled much of the tiny U.S. territory nearly nine months ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/18/trump-bashing-puerto-rican-mayor-reportedly-facing-fbi-corruption-probe.html

Wow, deliberately making your own people suffer Trying to make Trump look bad.

• Like 1

No. Those rules were in place long ago. Not Trumps fault.

Tribute has been awarded dozens of government contracts since 2013

Will a few bricks of cheese help?

Mostly lazy island people, relying on trickle down tourist money from corrupt local officials.