Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Miami RBs

So after Zeke was rerererereinstated, I dropped one of the three other Dallas RBs (DMC...kept the other two!) and picked up Damien Williams, as Drake was gone.

Anyone have any good insight about Williams/Drake? Seems like everyone agrees that Drake will get the first two downs, with Williams being COP or 3rd down. Any reason to question that? Just checked out Oakland's performance against RBs--Thompson, CJ, Buck, Gordon, Hunt (a bit) and McCoy have all done very well against them. Jets in week 1 are the only team OAK's held on the ground.

At the moment, the only spot I'd think about Williams in would be flexing, where I've got Abdullah at the moment. Not thinking either of these MIA guys will explode, but anyone think they could 'do well' this weekend? Thoughts heading forward appreciated too. :)

If the more talented Ajayi couldn't do any good with that O-Line I don't think Drake/Williams will either, plus the word is Drake is injury prone and probably wont hold up as an every down back. IMO Williams is the better RB but only in PPR leagues and he may act as the goal line back.

If the more talented Ajayi couldn't do any good with that O-Line I don't think Drake/Williams will either, plus the word is Drake is injury prone and probably wont hold up as an every down back. IMO Williams is the better RB but only in PPR leagues and he may act as the goal line back.

Goal line back, huh? Good to know.

Jay had 4 games I'd be happy to have out of my Flex spot some weeks. And there are people who are doubting his talent in a number of places. I haven't watched much Phins ball, so I don't know. Add in some PPR catches...I don't know that it's insane to think one of these guys could be flex-worthy. Maybe.

I actually like Willams more out of the two as Damien has a nose for the end zone when he gets his chances and in a situation where you do not know what is going to happen you might as well roster the rb with the most opportunities to score, which is Damien as the goal line back.

Not sure how good Cutler is at passing to running backs (Forte and him had a good connection), but Miami doesnt look great and I suspect should be playing from behind; thus, making Damien see the field more as the preferred passing down back. He should be better set up for garbage points. Hey, garbage points are still points.

I even am contemplating starting him over CJ Anderson due to match up. I think the gutsy and better match up play is to start Damien, but as I have posted before I play very conservative so CJ Anderson it is. Philly is going to crush them.

I actually like Willams more out of the two as Damien has a nose for the end zone when he gets his chances and in a situation where you do not know what is going to happen you might as well roster the rb with the most opportunities to score, which is Damien as the goal line back.

Not sure how good Cutler is at passing to running backs (Forte and him had a good connection), but Miami doesnt look great and I suspect should be playing from behind; thus, making Damien see the field more as the preferred passing down back. He should be better set up for garbage points. Hey, garbage points are still points.

Good points and explanation here, thanks.

And he's still a dark horse to start over Abdullah for me. I'm getting tired of getting disappointed by Abs.

im real thin at rb as i lost dalvin cook weeks ago...i was rostering kamara, mccaffrey, cohen, prosise and riddick....i just picked up williams this morning and dropped cohen as his opportunities were, inexplicably, becoming less.....had to take a shot at a rb that can get some opportunities....always a chance drake gets hurt or plays his way out of the job

What was interesting to me was in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter down two scores the dolphins had drake in there every snap. The announcers talked about williams' being far superior in pass protection, but the fins went with drake in that spot. Perhaps they liked the big play ability of drake better down two scores, but it was curious. Either way I like Drake as a match-up based flex play going forward.

Damien looks like the pass pro, 3rd down and GL back. Drake looks undersized as the early down back. Think I like having a share of Williams over Drake, but roles can change

Damien looks like the pass pro, 3rd down and GL back. Drake looks undersized as the early down back. Think I like having a share of Williams over Drake, but roles can change

Drake listed at 6-1: 211, Williams 5-11: 224 not enough of a difference there to call drake undersized, but I don't have a problem with a preference for Williams after round 1.

I've got some Williams. May even be starting him next week with some bye difficulties. Not feeling terribly about that in PPR.

Drake listed at 6-1: 211, Williams 5-11: 224 not enough of a difference there to call drake undersized, but I don't have a problem with a preference for Williams after round 1.

13 pounds heavier and 2 inches shorter is somewhat significant. Not a huge difference, but not insignificant.

13 pounds heavier and 2 inches shorter is somewhat significant. Not a huge difference, but not insignificant.

Melvin Gordon listed at 6-1 215. Were kind of splitting hairs here but my point is drake isn't really undersized.

Beside Drakes huge run, which is crazy that the o line opened up a hole for him like that (because the right side is absolute garbage), I think Williams will be the preferred back to own. I knew the game was over when James went down as they have 0 quality depth on an already horrible o-line. Williams will be used to chip block and then go out for passes for the rest of the season. I think they will throw Drake out there just to see if he is potentially a RB of the future, but I just don't see it. He will be on the squad until his rookie contract expires and then, he gone.

Beside Drakes huge run, which is crazy that the o line opened up a hole for him like that (because the right side is absolute garbage), I think Williams will be the preferred back to own. I knew the game was over when James went down as they have 0 quality depth on an already horrible o-line. Williams will be used to chip block and then go out for passes for the rest of the season. I think they will throw Drake out there just to see if he is potentially a RB of the future, but I just don't see it. He will be on the squad until his rookie contract expires and then, he gone.

They'll throw drake out there because he averages over 5 yards a carry on a fifty carry sample size versus Williams 3.2 yds a carry on over a 100 carry sample size, dolphins still want to win games.