Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

Top of the standings

This is one of those years that makes me want to quit fantasy all together. Every aspect has been frustrating. When I look at the top of the standings in my leagues, it's all screwed up from most years. Guys who put in time and generally field solid teams are middling and guys who do the the minimum are on top. Is this an anomaly and only in my leagues, or is this becoming more prevalent and a trend in other leagues as well? Cause it's really making fantasy unenjoyable.

So you don't like how much it has to do with luck and not skill?

So you don't like how much it has to do with luck and not skill?

I understand there's a lot of luck involved, I was just seeing if between, how prevalent injuries have become, and the way the game has evolved, if anyone else has seen luck take over their leagues. It was always a lot about luck, but it seems like it's changed to be only about luck. I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting the same impression, or if this is just a weird year in my two leagues.

LUCK LUCK is always prevalent, but what bothers me are teams that are weak on paper and are leading their divisions. Mainly because of each weeks match-ups. They have faced the least points and are 7th or 8th in points for. Meanwhile I am the highest scoring team and faced the 2nd most points and I am 4-5 because of match-ups. What makes it worse is these teams start 2 TEs and/or 2 RBs from same team and have their best player off and still win. Well that is luck in fantasy, and its all about the match-ups for Fantasy teams and individual players. So hang in there it just aint our year.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN

The 14 team league that I'm in this season is doing both a head to head league plus a full 17 week total points winners.

I'm in the same boat in my league.

I'm number one in points scored and number two points scored against me.

Going into last weekend I had the hardest ranked matchups.

But last weeks game I played the worst team and the remaining four games we have left in the regular season play th four other worst teams.

So now I'm 5-4 , but with a great shot at the playoffs based on matchups.

They always seem to equal out as the season goes forward.

But for the question that the OP was asking, I agree I think a lot of what's making it even more about luck then preparation for the draft is that the game has became so much more situational.

Harder to find true studs at the Rb and Wr and TE postions.

And even at the QB postions.

And now it's so much easier with the net and sits like the great fftoday to find info that one really doesn't need to study so much.

Top of standings means nothing, I've finished 1 or 2nd in standings the past 3 years in my main league. But overall I finished 3rd once and 4th twice. 1st in total points all 3 years.

The 2 years I won the league I was in the middle.