Sign in to follow this  
dmac37

Auction League $50, 100% payouts, redraft, no playoffs

I could not find a league like this so I decided to try and start one myself. I have played in leagues where the website keeps a % of winnings, and have also played in private leagues where the commish was running two teams and there was obvious collusion and the winners had problems getting paid. I have never been the commissioner of a league before, but I'm an honest, mature, married family guy and would like to run a honest league that rewards the best teams and has the most fair / best rules & settings.

If you have been frustrated in a leagues where you had one of the best teams only to lose in the playoffs check out this league. The best teams throughout the 16 weeks will earn money, not the teams that happen to have the best match ups during playoff weeks.

I have set up this league to create the most level playing field while rewarding the best teams.

Basics: 12 teams, $50 entry, no playoffs, 16 weeks of doubleheaders using a combination of head to head and total points(victory point scoring). I'm sure you have been in a league that you had one of the top teams all year only to be knocked out of the playoffs because of players being rested at the end of year or an injury, or just one fluke week. The following settings and rules are used to create the most level playing field:

Auction Draft- why have your team determined by draft order, auction style gives all owners the chance to pick the players they really want. Once most people enter an auction league they don't go back to a standard serpentine draft.

Victory Points- by using a combination of head to head and total points scoring you still have the excitement of weekly head to head match ups while also rewarding teams by the amount of points they total. If you use only total points scoring the champion can be decided early and you don't get the head to head match ups. Each week you will get 2 points for each win or 1 point for a tie. Also each week the top 4 total point scoring teams will get 4 points, the next 4 in total points scored will get 2 points, and the bottom 4 in total points will get 0 points. So each week a team will total between 0-8 victory points by their doubleheader head to head match ups and the points earned from the total points scored.

Decimal Scoring- why should you lose points because your player does not reach a certain level. Example if a player rushes for 79 yards, he earns 7.9 points, rather than just 7 points because he did not reach 80 yards. This also helps to avoid ties in scoring.

Doubleheaders- along with total points scored, doubleheaders help to create a more balanced scoring system. The odds are better for the top scoring teams to get a win having 2 games per week. Many times with 1 game per week the top 3 or 4 scoring teams play each other and you come away with a loss.

Blind Bid Waivers- all teams have an equal chance at all free agents. This also involves strategy on how much and who to bid for.

No Trades- being this is an internet league there are no worries of collusion. An owner can try to manage 2 teams without the rest of the league knowing while trying to build up one team through trades. Every year all over the message boards, you see collusion problems. I would prefer this to be a no trade league to avoid these possible problems.

Other information:

League Size: 12 Owners

Roster Size: 20

Starting Lineup(s):

1 QB 3 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 DT

1 QB 2 RB 4 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 DT

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2 TE 1 PK 1 DT

Draft:

Auction draft on MFL, slow e-bay style, planning to start on Aug 13th

Payouts 100%:

$600 less the $69.95 league site fee which leaves $530 (A.K.A. I KEEP NOTHING)

1st Place = $270

2nd Place = $150

3rd Place = $70

Week 15 top scoring team = $20

Week 16 top scoring team = $20

Having payouts for weeks 15 & 16 should keep teams competitive throughout the year.

Payments will be mailed out after week 16 stats become finalized.

The league will be run on MFL (my fantasy league), here is the link to check out details on the scoring and league rules.

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/53327

e-mail me at davidmac@sbcglobal.net to sign up or ask any questions.