cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

I watched every video in this thread.... holy crap, you guys listen to some angry sounding music. I recently discovered this band... which of course has been around for a decade.

I watched every video in this thread.... holy crap, you guys listen to some angry sounding music. I recently discovered this band... which of course has been around for a decade.

Why would you lie about something dumb like that...why would you lie about anything thing at all.

what a great lyric.

:dunno: I dont even post the really angry sounding stuff i listen to.

Queensrychs new album is fantastic. The best one they've put out in 20 years. If you ever liked them back in the day, I'd recommend a listen. The album is called Condition Human and it's pretty similar to their early, early stuff like Warning and Rage.

Queensrychs new album is fantastic. The best one they've put out in 20 years. If you ever liked them back in the day, I'd recommend a listen. The album is called Condition Human and it's pretty similar to their early, early stuff like Warning and Rage.

Rage for Order is such a unique album

All I know is Empire from them. Bad ass song.

I say this as probably the biggest slayer fan on the board back in the day, showe no mercy thru Seasons, bUT I just don't dig the demon growl going on in that song. Maybe Tom is just getting old. And they totally miss Jeff, he really was the creative force imo....and I love old array singing and Dave pounding on the drums. Gary holt is great and a talent in his own right...exodus is underrated, but hanneman (spelling may be focked up) was the straw that stirred that drink

Im thinking about going to see rayland Baxter in Columbia MO (about a 3 hr trip) in October, but unfortunately I'd miss the Chiefs playing SNF :dunno:

you have to crank the volume up on this sh!t :headbanger:

It's newer but Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree newest solo project is amazing,Hand.Cannot.Erase.Got tickets to see him November 13th am super excited for this one.If you like classic Yes,Floyd etc. you should love this.

Fvck yeah! Never heard of them. Going to be my song this weekend.

it's really about all i listen to anymore, Rayland Baxter radio or Mandolin Orange radio on google play. Lots of bands I have grown to really enjoy listening to those two stations.

Here's one I found through the Mandolin Orange station. I'm a founding board member of a group that hosts an annual bluegrass concert to benefit our local food bank, and we had Mandolin Orange at our event last year and that's how I come to know them. This is a group I found listening to their google play station:

you have to crank the volume up on this sh!t :headbanger:

That was pretty sweet. Will be looking into more. Watched the Dreamin one also...he can sound like Chris Martin.

This just dropped yesterday. I like.

Decent

good beats but programming is a bit candy ass. It gets better toward the end

That was pretty sweet. Will be looking into more. Watched the Dreamin one also...he can sound like Chris Martin.

I like "Olivia" a lot, but it is different than this one

And for people into more chill stuff like Caspian, Mono, Bright Eyes, etc.

New Album Leaf...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOciOo59m0

I like that a lot thanks,have you checked out the Steven Wilson Routine video I posted above,think you might like it since you posted this. :thumbsup:

And for people into more chill stuff like Caspian, Mono, Bright Eyes, etc.

New Album Leaf...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOciOo59m0

New Explosions in The Sky (band from the movie and show Friday Night Lights)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2UmlUmDQI

Really did the new EitS :thumbsup:

There are some great live videos of them on their current tour on YT. The one NPR filmed in DC is phenomenal

I like that a lot thanks,have you checked out the Steven Wilson Routine video I posted above,think you might like it since you posted this. :thumbsup:

Yah, I dig it man. Like how the track builds, and the female vocalist reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence. I like the other track too. He's very talented, and it reminds me of old 70's prog rock. Never really gave Porcupine Tree a chance, but my dad really digs them. Will give them another listen. :cheers:

• Like 1

Yah, I dig it man. Like how the track builds, and the female vocalist reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence. I like the other track too. He's very talented, and it reminds me of old 70's prog rock. Never really gave Porcupine Tree a chance, but my dad really digs them. Will give them another listen. :cheers:

If I may suggest starting with these two

Really did the new EitS :thumbsup:

There are some great live videos of them on their current tour on YT. The one NPR filmed in DC is phenomenal

Nice. I've seen them live probably a dozen times. One of the first times was right when The Earth is Not a Cold Dark Place came out (before FNL). It was in a small community center, with maybe 20 people there. 2002-2003?

Haven't seen them since they've added the 2nd bassist/3rd guitarist though. Need to check their tour schedule.

If you like the Tree, try these guys:

Not bad actually reminded me more of something Dream Theater might do.I checked out three songs by them and never heard any vocals so I'm assuming they're completely instrumental?

One of the things that I love about PT is Wilson's vocals,that band at least for me will truly be missed as those guys all together were incredible,had the opportunity to see them live twice and wow,lastly is Gavin Harrison on percussion,not since Neil Peart have I enjoyed a drummer so much.If interested you can check out his skills in the following video,especially from the 6:35 mark on.

Not bad actually reminded me more of something Dream Theater might do.I checked out three songs by them and never heard any vocals so I'm assuming they're completely instrumental?

One of the things that I love about PT is Wilson's vocals,that band at least for me will truly be missed as those guys all together were incredible,had the opportunity to see them live twice and wow,lastly is Gavin Harrison on percussion,not since Neil Peart have I enjoyed a drummer so much.If interested you can check out his skills in the following video,especially from the 6:35 mark on.

Um, no. :lol:

I'm a big PT fan. I didn't realize they were now defunct tho. That sucks. Gavin's incredible :cheers:

For the most part. I think Praise Be Man is the only one with vocals throughout. There are some really hushed vocals on Memorial and some audio clips of a news real on When The Mountain Comes To Muhammad.

Here are two albums that have been in my rotation a lot recently:

We Lost the Sea - Departure Songs

Everyone of these songs have some interesting backstories that make the entire album that much more intense.

and *shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo

I like "Olivia" a lot, but it is different than this one

Love every song by this guy, all the ones on youtube, so great...thanks cmh!

Love every song by this guy, all the ones on youtube, so great...thanks cmh!

my pleasure :)

want to go to columbia mo to the blue note october 2 and check him out with me?

The music from the Broadway play "Hamilton" via YouTube.

Been kind of on the fence with these guys for awhile, but their new album is pretty greta. Post rock/metal

I'm browsing around Amazon Music and came across this chick, Syd. Damn, I like her voice. Here is her newest and the second is the one I stumbled across.