Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

What does the term rich mean to you?

I agree with all of that. Am I still allowed to believe that corporation tax exemptions and tax breaks for the wealthy are ridiculous? You know what else I believe? That it's bullshit that churches are tax exempt.

He was quoting Old School.... Now thats how you DEBATE

again, the amount of money that you make doesn't equate tax breaks, learn a little something for once, Tyrone and Lequisha don't pay taxes except when they have to buy some big baller sneakers

Correct. They pay sales tax. Not sure what that has to do with my point though. Unless you just thought it was a cool chance to get in a black stereotype.

Why those names Newbie? Trying to slide race into this thread. You are a race baiter...fock off dickfer.

I did that for you. I know racists like you think that every person on welfare is black. I was just fanning your flames. ROFL

I think its helpful sometimes to think about taxation in terms of time as opposed to money.... So if you are in a 35% tax bracket, you are spending 1/3 of your working time in servitude to the govt. If you add up all the taxes you pay, sales,excise, income, payroll, SS, healthcare, etc,,,etc...

We should honestly be doing everything in our power to get as many people in the workforce as possible... Flip a person that requires taxpayers to do more servitude, and turn them into an income earning tax payer that reduces the servitude on others.

they do you jackass

Donald Trump is able to write off personal income tax, but you know what hes not able to write off? Payroll, corporate taxes, real estate taxes, social security, 401k, insurance taxes for his companies

I'm talking about personal income tax, guzzler. Am I supposed to feel bad for him about the taxes he pays on the billions his corporations rake in? Is that the angle you're playing. :doh:

I'm talking about personal income tax, ###### guzzler. Am I supposed to feel bad for him about the taxes he pays on the billions his corporations rake in? Is that the angle you're playing. :doh:

that is what business is about, obviously you don't know that and you've never had one, but one of the reasons why we own businesses is to write off personal income, while the business pays taxes

if my business makes 4000 a month and I pay my taxes on that I am allowed to write off expenses to my personal taxes, its not that difficult to understand

I'd just be happy to see Donald Trump pay as high of a percentage as me. Or Bill Gates.

They both pay a way higher % than you. :dunno:

that is what business is about, obviously you don't know that and you've never had one, but one of the reasons why we own businesses is to write off personal income, while the business pays taxes

if my business makes 4000 a month and I pay my taxes on that I am allowed to write off expenses to my personal taxes, its not that difficult to understand

So why do you suppose Trump has so vehemently refused to show his taxes?

So why do you suppose Trump has so vehemently refused to show his taxes?

Because he took advantage of the complicated tax system. Duh. I, like Trump want to fix it. You want same ole same ole.

I think it's a moving target. When I was young we were pretty freaking poor. Half of what I make now would be insanely rich.

Making what we make now I have zero complaints. 1st world problems only... so yeah.. I suppose to everyone from where I came up from we're rich and how the fock can I even argue that? I'm not on food stamps.. we get the kid shoes more than once a year... my kid breaks his glasses we buy new ones... we get the "good" cereal... my kids don't eat butter sandwiches etc...

Relatively... we're ballers.

Because he took advantage of the complicated tax system. Duh. I, like Trump want to fix it. You want same ole same ole.

ROFL You think Trump wants to fix the loopholes that allowed him to take advantage of the system? Have you not learned a single thing by watching him? He's using the Presidency to promote his hotels and country clubs. He and his daughter are still having their merchandise made overseas while he says Make America Great Again! You're right about the main point though. He took advantage of the system to pay virtually nothing in taxes. To quote him, 'that makes me smart".

Which goes directly to the point of all this. When that gets fixed, cry to me about welfare.

ROFL You think Trump wants to fix the loopholes that allowed him to take advantage of the system? Have you not learned a single thing by watching him? He's using the Presidency to promote his hotels and country clubs. He and his daughter are still having their merchandise made overseas while he says Make America Great Again! You're right about the main point though. He took advantage of the system to pay virtually nothing in taxes. To quote him, 'that makes me smart".

Which goes directly to the point of all this. When that gets fixed, cry to me about welfare.

Take trump's rhetoric out and his policy ideas a sound. Even you believe this but can't get past the person, President Donald J. Trump

Take trump's rhetoric out and his policy ideas a sound. Even you believe this but can't get past the person, President Donald J. Trump

X

Oh its good this turned into another douche baggery political fight. We were really missing that in another thread dix.

Oh its good this turned into another douche baggery political fight. We were really missing that in another thread dix.

"turned into"?

From the original post:

Are we the rich folks the libs talk about who need to pay more in to help those who can't/don't help themselves.

This entire thread was political.

the minute you and your kind use the term LOOPHOLE you lose all credibility there is no loopholes. Everything in the tax code is designed to do exactly what it does

the minute you and your kind use the term LOOPHOLE you lose all credibility there is no loopholes. Everything in the tax code is designed to do exactly what it does

While you play semantics, I'll remain unbothered by the tiny amount of money we put into the safety net. And you can remain unbothered by the tax system that doing exactly what its designed to do. :wave:

While you play semantics, I'll remain unbothered by the tiny amount of money we put into the safety net. And you can remain unbothered by the tax system that doing exactly what its designed to do. :wave:

Serious question because I am curious, have you ever calculated the amount of income tax you avoid as a percentage of your total income?

Serious question because I am curious, have you ever calculated the amount of income tax you avoid as a percentage of your total income?

English please?

English please?

If you own a home you take a deduction for the mortgage interest you pay, you take a deduction for the property tax you pay on your home, any deductions you take for charitable donations, depend deductions, you take a deduction for the state income tax you pay, etc. these are all tax avoidance loopholes.

If you own a home you take a deduction for the mortgage interest you pay, you take a deduction for the property tax you pay on your home, any deductions you take for charitable donations, depend deductions, you take a deduction for the state income tax you pay, etc. these are all tax avoidance loopholes.

I realize that. So you think those are the things that Trump is taking deductions for that he doesn't want anyone to see?

I realize that. So you think those are the things that Trump is taking deductions for that he doesn't want anyone to see?

No he would be phased out of those deductions and I don't care what he took deductions for as long as they are allowed by the code.

I asked because the "the rich use tax loopholes crowd" largely have no idea, much less how much of a percentage, they are using loopholes to reduce their own tax burden.

Seriously, think about all those sneaky f****** making minimum wage just so they don't have to pay taxes in a higher bracket.

I think $250k per year as a household of wage earners, or people that have more than $2 million in assets.

:dunno:

I think $250k per year as a household of wage earners, or people that have more than $2 million in assets.

:dunno:

A married couple with no kid's would be close to being rich at 250k a year, but they are still not landing their private helicopter on their yacht. A family with 3 or 4 kids no way, they would be only upper middle class.

I guess it depends how you define rich.

Seriously, think about all those sneaky f****** making minimum wage just so they don't have to pay taxes in a higher bracket.

Damn straight! And screw all those sneaky fockers working hard to be millionaires so they can take advantage of all those magical tax loopholes.

A married couple with no kid's would be close to being rich at 250k a year, but they are still not landing their private helicopter on their yacht. A family with 3 or 4 kids no way, they would be only upper middle class.

This is a great point. Hell I know a couple that make over that, have on kids and are in debt up to there eyeballs. Idiots.

So you don't know d!ck about the tax structure of corporations or individuals so you went to the internet and found some stuff to support your point. Good job Drobs. :thumbsup:

u cant quit me

You're not rich. HTH.

I don't think too many people here will see a cent more from the Trump tax plan. 99% of us pay 25% now and we'll pay 25% under Trump plan.

Single $0-$37,500 Joint $0 - $75,000 = Current 10 - 15% Trump 12%

Single $37,500 - $112,500 Joint $75,000 - $225,000 = Current 25 - 28% Trump 25%

Single $112,500+ Joint $225,000+ = Current 28 - 39.6% Trump 20%

It's really only capital gains tax cuts that would help most of us. I don't do too much buying and selling though. Just buying and holding.

Well, the question was "What does the term rich mean to you?", so......

Well, the question was "What does the term rich mean to you?", so......

I am dumb and it seems like I get dumber everyday.

I appreciate the help. :wall:

Where you live factors in as well. A family making 250k in Bumfuck, PA can be very well off. Make that same 250k living in NYC, and you're much less affluent.

Wife and I combined bring in $175k a year in PA. Have $400k in retirement and $130k mortgage left on a $500,000 property.

Are we the rich folks the libs talk about who need to pay more in to help those whocan't/don't help themselves.

You're lower middle class at the Geek Club.

You're not rich. HTH.

I don't think too many people here will see a cent more from the Trump tax plan. 99% of us pay 25% now and we'll pay 25% under Trump plan.

Single $0-$37,500 Joint $0 - $75,000 = Current 10 - 15% Trump 12%

It's really only capital gains tax cuts that would help most of us. I don't do too much buying and selling though. Just buying and holding.

Thats a ginormous cut for the highest bracket.

:banana:

And they're already at near all time lows. Just a bit higher than when Reagan lowered them to half of what they were, during the middle classes most prosperous times in America (approx 1945-1975ish). It's also no surprise that the Reagan tax cuts helped the financial markets and focked over the rest of us. Now Trump wants to double down, and working class Republicans are generally too obtuse to take a brief look through history. They're more concerned with bathrooms and fake news.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/08/60-years-of-american-economic-history-told-in-1-graph/261503/

Every time you cut a rich guy's taxes he immediately buys a yacht and hires a new butler. :thumbsup: