Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

This is Us (& misc TV)

I don't care what anybody says here. That's a damn good show. Watched it again last night. To be able to juggle three different timelines all in the same show and make it seamless? Really well done.

Hell, it is so far ahead of anything else on broadcast television it's not even close.

one of my pet peeves in a lot of these shows these days is the writers can't be bothered to remember that certain character wasn't even in the same room when a certain conversation occurred.

And these guys pull off multiple storylines in multiple generations and timelines without a hitch. How this thing hasn't won a ton of awards is beyond me.

speaking of which, the same should be said for Freddie Highmore in the good doctor. Damn, kid is a very very good actor.

Wife, kids and I watched the first season, but it just got to overly melodramatic for us, so we never went back to it.

I don't watch it. I was told about it,then my pe-nis shriveled up more than usual, so I took a pass

Like I said, from a technical writing and Direction standpoint, I don't think we've ever seen anything like this on TV.

fear it may be wasted on the population that thinks the big bang theory is akin to Shakespeare + only not as boring..

Okay, opening it up:

New Magnum PI: really, just like a handful of other CBS shows. Like Hawaii Five-O, MacGyver, Swat, Etc. It's fine, but the characters aren't exactly captivating and the story lines are cliched at best. Tho, props to the new Higgins.

The Rookie; so far, not disappointed. Nathan Fillion is hugely bankable. Hugely likable with men and women.

Good idea to have a solid cast around him with their own storylines. They're keeping Fillion on a short leash. But there are hints of potential.

Mr. In-between. What is a really quirky show. Interesting in a limited run. Very weird ending. But if you're looking for a short binge-watch? This one's pretty good. I think it's only like 6 episodes anyway.

Mr. In-between. What is a really quirky show. Interesting in a limited run. Very weird ending. But if you're looking for a short binge-watch? This one's pretty good. I think it's only like 6 episodes anyway.

This sounds interesting... What platform is it on?

FX Network

thanks will keep an eye out for, don't have fx but maybe it will make it to AP or hulu some day

thanks will keep an eye out for, don't have fx but maybe it will make it to AP or hulu some day

It is very good. FX is on sling blue.

I got sick of how it seemed they wanted to make the audience cry in every episode. Really bothered me so I let the wife watch it by herself.

• Like 1

This Is Us- Season 3

Jack's story about Vietnam and his brother Nick is excellent. The writers of this show deserve all the awards.