Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Zeke 6 game suspension has been upheld.

A lot of people on this board would be terrible jurors... hopefully they aren't old enough to vote :ninja:

I grabbed him at 3.2 in a 12 team league last night. Also got Mcfadden if he does serve missed games. Feeling pretty good about it

That said, if he is guilty and actually hitting women, F that guy

Kia Roberts actually spoke to, interviewed and investigated Tiffany Thompson and her claim. After which she determined (basically) that Ms. Thompson was full of shiit.

Did you conduct your own investigation/interview with Ms. Thompson, or were you just there when Ms. Roberts did hers?

Go re-read my posts. All of them.

Go re-read my posts. All of them.

Your posts in this thread seem to focus on tying all of Elliot's acts together, a 'class action' of sorts.

That's great and all, but the issue at hand, the suspension at hand, is Ms. Thompson's alleged domestic abuse.

• Like 1

could you imagine selecting a jury for a trial for zeke? you know one of the first questions would be "do you play fantasy football" lol

• Like 1

Only if you don't like unbiased logic.

I don't know, good sir... all I was seeing were assumptions... assumptions that he did it... assumptions that he paid her off... and then a repetitive statement something to the tune of "nice guys don't get into trouble"...

I get it, you either think Zeke did it, or you think that even if he didn't this time that he should accept punishment for past transgressions... I think we disagree

I get it, you either think Zeke did it, or you think that even if he didn't this time that he should accept punishment for past transgressions... I think we disagree

And herein lies the real danger and troubling thing with this.

If/when you adopt the attitude that you're suspending Zeke, if not for this, then for all of his other transgressions - in the public's eye, you're still suspending Zeke for Domestic Violence... For the rest of his life, Zeke will forever be labeled a Woman Beater... It doesn't matter that Zeke was ultimately suspended for "everything in general", in the eyes of the public - Zeke got suspended for beating up a woman... Not only is that drastically unfair, but it's also extremely damaging to his financial future... And when you look back, it will have been at the hands of a select few who never interviewed, spoke to, or even looked at the report from the lead investigator.

• Like 1

And herein lies the real danger and troubling thing with this.

If/when you adopt the attitude that you're suspending Zeke, if not for this, then for all of his other transgressions - in the public's eye, you're still suspending Zeke for Domestic Violence... For the rest of his life, Zeke will forever be labeled a Woman Beater... It doesn't matter that Zeke was ultimately suspended for "everything in general", in the eyes of the public - Zeke got suspended for beating up a woman... Not only is that drastically unfair, but it's also extremely damaging to his financial future... And when you look back, it will have been at the hands of a select few who never interviewed, spoke to, or even looked at the report from the lead investigator.

Agreed, he will fight this tooth and nail, because this would kill him on potential endorsement deals... if he did it, fock him... but if he is innocent then there is no way he will roll over and accept the NFLs decision... I forsee this turning into a big racial issue

Kia Roberts actually spoke to, interviewed and investigated Tiffany Thompson and her claim. After which she determined (basically) that Ms. Thompson was full of shiit.

Did you conduct your own investigation/interview with Ms. Thompson, or were you just there when Ms. Roberts did hers?

That's what i've been telling everyone.

Both the police and NFL private investigators all came out with the same conclusion. Ms. Thompson was lying and lacked real evidence that she was hit.

This is nothing more than an attempt to black mail him (real fact based on text messages between Thompson and her friend).

Agreed, he will fight this tooth and nail, because this would kill him on potential endorsement deals... if he did it, fock him... but if he is innocent then there is no way he will roll over and accept the NFLs decision... I forsee this turning into a big racial issue

A bunch of white guys in suites is punishing a black dude with NO EVIDENCE.

These same white dudes are basing it ALL from what a white girl said in the media.

There's a bigger problem here than just a suspension. The CBA gave the power to the commissioner but it also requires that a certain course of action needs to be taken prior to the commissioner swinging his hammer.

I don't know, good sir... all I was seeing were assumptions... assumptions that he did it... assumptions that he paid her off... and then a repetitive statement something to the tune of "nice guys don't get into trouble"...

Clearly you didn't go back and read all of my posts. I said I don't what he did or didn't do... I wasn't there. I never said he was guilty of it. What I said was the continually put himself in bad situations. When you do that, you make the league look bad. The domestic violence charge is something that is a very hot topic today. If you are accused of it and compound that with other stupid things, people don't believe you.

As proof, what have you heard about Jarvis Landry and his situation? Virtually nothing, right? Why? Because by all accounts, he's a great guy. When you don't give people a reason to devalue your word, you're more apt to get the benefit of the doubt.

All of my comments are about the suspension... not whether he's guilty or not.

To top it off.

Greg Hardy's suspension was initially started out as 10 games but reduced to 4.

He was actually arrested, charged and found GUILTY of assaulting his girlfriend...and he ONLY GOT 4 GAMES.

Anyone see the issue here?

• Like 1

Clearly you didn't go back and read all of my posts. I said I don't what he did or didn't do... I wasn't there. I never said he was guilty of it. What I said was the continually put himself in bad situations. When you do that, you make the league look bad. The domestic violence charge is something that is a very hot topic today. If you are accused of it and compound that with other stupid things, people don't believe you.

As proof, what have you heard about Jarvis Landry and his situation? Virtually nothing, right? Why? Because by all accounts, he's a great guy. When you don't give people a reason to devalue your word, you're more apt to get the benefit of the doubt.

Read this

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/29/16151642/ezekiel-elliott-timeline-domestic-violence-police-report-nfl-suspension-appeal

There are many accounts where the eye witness and evidence does not match what Ms. Thompson reported.

Some of the incidents makes ZERO sense.

Yeah, she said that AFTER the report of the violence. Which means "she got paid off". You don't report violence then say "Oh, it was nothing", unless you got paid. You don't get paid unless "something" happened. Did something happen that she could prove? I don't know. Did he actually hit her? I don't know. What I know is that she changed her story... COMPLETELY, after he got paid. Interesting... don't you think?

I don't care what the rest of the video showed. I can tell you this... I don't even care that he did it. I can also tell you this... I'm in the minority. It doesn't look good that he did it. So, when you take "perceived violence vs a woman", plus pulling down a woman's shirt, PLUS being involved in a bar fight... it all adds up to someone making repeated mistakes that "look bad for the league". He has, in his contract, a morality clause. Those 3 things all go against that. From a personal standpoint, what he did doesn't matter to me... from a business stand point, it matters very much.

You know what I can tell you with 100% confidence? Elliott will never be suspended again if he doesn't hit any women, act foolish in public to where he's doing something reckless, get into bar fights (or instigate them), violate the banned substance policy, or make a lot of illegal hits. So in essence, if he stays out of trouble, he won't get suspended. I know that's a new and revolutionary idea, but it does work.

Based on the bold, you make an assumption that something happened and she was paid off... could "something" have been that she was caught in a lie and decided to change her story? Who knows, but your statement implies Zeke not only did it, but paid her off to change her story. Based on the italic, it appears that you make a case for the cumulative mistakes made by Zeke to justify THIS punishment instead of the case at hand... maybe i'm reading it wrong

This is the same as in every day life... the guilty playing the victim.

Based on this quote it sounds like you are dubbing him guilty here... either of this particular alleged crime... or past transgressions... you even use the word "guilty"

In conclusion... yes, i read your posts, and i disagree with them and your "unbiased logic"

• Like 1

Only if you don't like unbiased logic.

unlike most people who yammer about them on the internet, i actually studied and taught logic and critical reasoning at the graduate level.

your posts in this thread don't qualify.

• Like 2

unlike most people who yammer about them on the internet, i actually studied and taught logic and critical reasoning at the graduate level.

Hammer thrown!

Song, it's that time of year - time for our yearly kick to the nuts with this team. :D

I'm actually reserved to the fact we've a new, young defense. If we get beat with kids learning, then we do - I'm okay with that... But as far as Zeke - I wish he'd just suck it up, serve his time and get it over with. Even though he's getting railroaded, even though it's not right - the League is ultimately going to win on this.. Our team in 2018 should be better than this one - I want him for a full year then.

I wonder why not much is being said about the incident where EE pulled down a ladies blouse leaving her breasts exposed in public. That incident seems uncontroverted and to me is pretty disturbing by itself.

I wonder why not much is being said about the incident where EE pulled down a ladies blouse leaving her breasts exposed in public. That incident seems uncontroverted and to me is pretty disturbing by itself.

Because the same lady was pulling down her own blouse to expose her own breasts numerous times before he did it...these are drunk college kids having fun.

Because the same lady was pulling down her own blouse to expose her own breasts numerous times before he did it...these are drunk college kids having fun.

That doesnt sound right actually. Just because someone does something to themself doesnt mean anyone else can do that to them. Oh well. Hes paying for things now.

I'm not advocating exposing a woman's breast... But there comes a time for gains of salt - this is one of them.

I swear, you'd think Zeke ran up to a female police officer, opened up her uniform and pulled out her boob... This was a bunch of 21 year old kids, drinking it up, partying at a St. Patrick's day parade, surrounded by thousands of other drunk 20 year olds - having a good time. If this happens 500 miles down the road in NO on Bourbon Street, everybody laughs and giggles... I bet half the people calling this the outrage of the century have never even seen the video.

Lol the shirt pulling incident being taken so far out of context it's silly. Bunch of party people laughing and playing around, she didn't even mind and it was 100% innocent. It's cringeworthy when I see people act like this was some kind of sexual assault lol.

Song, it's that time of year - time for our yearly kick to the nuts with this team. :D

I'm actually reserved to the fact we've a new, young defense. If we get beat with kids learning, then we do - I'm okay with that... But as far as Zeke - I wish he'd just suck it up, serve his time and get it over with. Even though he's getting railroaded, even though it's not right - the League is ultimately going to win on this.. Our team in 2018 should be better than this one - I want him for a full year then.

my balls are still sore from the annual kicking, but what can i say? i'm a fan. a stupidly optimistic (though at least somewhat realistic) fan.

i agree that the best thing for the team would be for zeke to play week 1, then quietly serve the suspension. but i can't fault a man who refuses to meekly accept the league calling him an abuser. that's what this boils down to--goodell is calling him a woman-beater (even though the only NFL official to actually interview zeke's accuser says that she's full of ). if zeke does nothing, it will be thought of as an admission of wrongdoing. so like i said, i can't fault him unless some new evidence comes to light.

Lol the shirt pulling incident being taken so far out of context it's silly. Bunch of party people laughing and playing around, she didn't even mind and it was 100% innocent. It's cringeworthy when I see people act like this was some kind of sexual assault lol.

the people getting bent out of shape about it are the kinds of people who don't get invited to parties.

my balls are still sore from the annual kicking, but what can i say? i'm a fan. a stupidly optimistic (though at least somewhat realistic) fan.

i agree that the best thing for the team would be for zeke to play week 1, then quietly serve the suspension. but i can't fault a man who refuses to meekly accept the league calling him an abuser. that's what this boils down to--goodell is calling him a woman-beater (even though the only NFL official to actually interview zeke's accuser says that she's full of ######). if zeke does nothing, it will be thought of as an admission of wrongdoing. so like i said, i can't fault him unless some new evidence comes to light.

For sure.. If he and Jerry decide to fight this till then end, I won't blame him.. Any man facing the life long stench of being a woman beater has a right to defend his honor.

Thanks for this thread providing timely updates on the Zeke situation. It has been invaluable.

Agreed. Elliott was suspended and he will play game 1 before that suspension.

Thanks for this thread providing timely updates on the Zeke situation. It has been invaluable.

It was great listening to you today on the Boomer and Carton show. U gonna take over Carton spot now that he's been arrested?

• Like 1

Anyone catch the Goodell suspension of Josh Brown today?

NFL and Goodell knew the TRO and injunction was going to get granted and now trying to go back to fix some of their other DV mistakes.

I wonder when they are going to slap a suspension on Tyrek Hill for beating his pregnant girlfriend.

Don't believe me? See this...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/10/tyreek-hill-kansas-city-chiefs-domestic-violence

i took him at 2.2 30 min before his suspension was upheld, then i got sniped on McFadden.

I feel much better now! :banana:

The second this news broke I leveraged it to move Dmac to the Zeek owner. I think Zeek eventually gets back on the field. I don't love the return but I needed someone who at least had the chance to start longer than 6 games.

Dmac, J. Reed, K. Allen

For

CJ Anderson, T. Kelce

Happy I squeaked the last value out of Dmac before he was worthless.