Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos: In-Game Discussion

Inactives:

Chargers: QB Cardale Jones, WR Dontelle Inman, S Dexter McCoil, OT Sam Tevi, WR Mike Williams, TE Sean McGrath, DE Jerry Attaochu

Broncos: DE Jared Crick, DE Zach Kerr, RB Devontae Booker, QB Paxton Lynch, CB Lorenzo Doss, OL Billy Turner, WR Jordan Taylor

it's a good thing. yes it sounds awkward AF. But it's a good thing. And not as bad as when Rex chimes in.

just kidding. this is a show.

it's a good thing. yes it sounds awkward AF. But it's a good thing. And not as bad as when Rex chimes in.

just kidding. this is a ###### show.

I have to go from Gruden (the best) to this freaking garbage? How is it a good thing???? It's absolutely horrible

Her voice is deeper than sexy rexy.

Man next they will give them the right to vote.

• Like 1

it's Beth Mowins. She's been calling college football games for 12 years. Has also called preseason games for the Raiders.

Important cause it sets a precedent for women who want to do play by play in sports broadcasting. Crazy male dominated profession.

and yes, I say all this pro-women sh*t with a half naked chic as my thumbnail. Ha.

I hate this as well. I am all for women having jobs that men do and being a CEO or Directing Manager or whatever. I have female bosses that I really respect.

But I hate women announcers in men's sports. It would be like casting a woman as Harry Callahan in a remake of Dirty Harry. Or let's have a man in the role of Princess Leia in Star Wars. It doesn't make sense.

This is entertainment, and casting decisions should be made just like the movies, not a role open to fair and equal positions to every person who hasn't done the role before.

• Like 1

Who is this focking sideline reporter??? Espn pulled out the all star crew.

• Like 1

This is brutal...

The sideline reporter reminds me of when your 10 year old does some BS interview for a school project...

• Like 1

This is brutal...

The sideline reporter reminds me of when your 10 year old does some BS interview for a school project...

:thumbsup:

Howard Cosell's remains are crying in his grave

In honor of Cosell, here is one of my favorite quotes from him:

"Arrogant, pompous, obnoxious, vain, cruel, verbose, a showoff. I have been called all of these. Of course, I am."

I hate this as well. I am all for women having jobs that men do and being a CEO or Directing Manager or whatever. I have female bosses that I really respect.

But I hate women announcers in men's sports. It would be like casting a woman as Harry Callahan in a remake of Dirty Harry. Or let's have a man in the role of Princess Leia in Star Wars. It doesn't make sense.

This is entertainment, and casting decisions should be made just like the movies, not a role open to fair and equal positions to every person who hasn't done the role before.

Eh, no, not really. Your analogy doesn't work. Princess Leia is a woman so a woman plays her. A play by play commentator is not necessarily a man or woman just because it's men playing the game. Men have done play by play for women's sports and nobody says crap. Women can call men's sports. The only problem here is that it's weird on our ears. That's it. It sounds weird. The Sergio guy on the field was equally as ridiculous sounding and he's a man.

It sounds stupid, I know. But.....it's the right move.

She sounds like a female Marv Albert to me.

Next up.......... Non English speaking Indian tranny halftime injury update

I would totally stay up for that.

Next up.......... Non English speaking Indian tranny halftime injury update

Not edgey enough. Needs to be non-binary or whatever the fock the proper term is.

YESSSSS! Seriously, you nailed it.

I actually think she's calling a competent/non biased game. Not like when Buck/Aikman teabag Rodgers or (use to) Manning.

I have more problem with Rex...who is always portrayed as a fiery/blustery guy...sounding like an mild mannered insurance salesman, about to put me to sleep.

Eh, no, not really. Your analogy doesn't work. Princess Leia is a woman so a woman plays her. A play by play commentator is not necessarily a man or woman just because it's men playing the game. Men have done play by play for women's sports and nobody says crap. Women can call men's sports. The only problem here is that it's weird on our ears. That's it. It sounds weird. The Sergio guy on the field was equally as ridiculous sounding and he's a man.

It sounds stupid, I know. But.....it's the right move.

Marv Albert is the perfect comparison. And I am not saying they can't cast a woman in this role, just like someone could cast a woman in a remake of Dirty Harry as Harry Callahan, I'm just saying it sucks.

The sideline guy was Sergio Dipp. His adolescent panic attack on the sideline was BY FAR the most hilarious bit yet. Gonna stay up hoping there's more of him.

ESPN, you're on notice.....

She's terrible...she completely sucks...or bites...wait are we talking Marv Albert or this hack announcing the game?

I'll never be able to listen to a female announcer without thinking that she's nagging me about the dishes or the yard or the kids or a focking million other things

She's trying too hard, and that weird emphasis on every fourth or fifth word is distracting. Rex is describing the action as if he's talking to someone watching tv with him, which sounds very natural and easy. I think he's doing quite well.

• Like 1

The sideline guy was Sergio Dipp. His adolescent panic attack on the sideline was BY FAR the most hilarious bit yet. Gonna stay up hoping there's more of him.

ESPN, you're on notice.....

Perfect name for him "DIPP"... I think he $hit himself during that first spot.

Men have done play by play for women's sports and nobody says crap. Women can call men's sports.

And I am all for whomever actually watches women's sports to speak up saying they hate the male announcer. It's entertainment. You can hate what entertainment is provided without actually being a racist, a misogynist, whatever term they call it when you don't like people who want to be the other sex but marry their actual real sex, etc.....

That's a social issue. This is an entertainment issue. And I hope they don't keep doing this.

She's trying too hard, and that weird emphasis on every fourth or fifth word is distracting. Rex is describing the action as if he's talking to someone watching tv with him, which sounds very natural and easy. I think he's doing quite well.

I just noticed that... lol! Now I can almost time her "inflections"!