Sign in to follow this  
ChinaCat

They kneeled for the National Anthem and stood for the Brit anthem.

Lowest approval rating in history... Also, i'm not a liberal. I'm just not a moron. Nice try though.

Maybe go to the geek club? That's where the other racist idiots hang out.

What did I say that was racist? Oh, that's right. I don't defend players disrespecting the flag, our country and cops. Oh. And they are black players. We are never allowed to critisize a black man no matter how vile his behavior because then we are a racist.

Same old losing argument. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Ive read that before. I don't agree with everthing these players are protesting (according to some players words that I have heard prior) but even if I did, their actions are too polarizing. They would have bigger impact If they spent their personal time and own financial resources to organize communities in whatever is they care about. Then use their own name recognition and take to a larger puvlic.

To me football is entertainment, and that is how I use it. I don't want to see Bruce Willis take a kneel down for 60 seconds at the beginning of Diehard. This entertainment is a brief escape from world disputes, work matters, and basic daily chores or community obligations many of us have. And that is what I thought the true nature of entertainment is supposed to provide. SNL has completely been ruined by this. The days of old SNL are long gone.

But polarization can have positive consequences. That's MLK's point. The 'obnoxious negative peace' has to be broken--with tension. You can't ease out of something like racism. The oppressor (not talking 'white people' here, talking about the people in power) never gives it up freely. Never.

I gotta go (gonna miss the early games too :(). But seriously, good discussion Foamy. :) Thanks for discussing reasonably.

If Trump's objective was to truly to stop these player demonstrations and not just make himself the center of attention, then he did exactly the wrong thing with his remarks. Now, a lot of individuals who may have opposed or at least been ambivalent about the demonstrations are going to join in as a middle finger to Trump himself. He just sent this movement into overdrive. Seeing a report right now that the Steelers will stay in the locker room during the anthem. The flood gate is opened.

Trump's objective has never been about fixing a problem.

It has always been about directing attention to himself. Period.

Most of America agrees with him.

You never learn. That's why you lost the last time. :)

provide statistical proof please

The polls have him heading toward the bottom

They disrespect the flag and they disrespect our country. No matter how they try to spin it.

Also, they are basically calling whites racist.

They are being rude and insulting.

No. No. And No. I have not been insulted by them. And I'm white. And patriotic.

Yes it is. If you don't absolutely agree with the way the tell you to think, they dismiss and your right to have an opinion.

I'm not dismissing Chinawhatever. I just don't want to engage with him in this thread directly anymore. Because I don't like him. He can say whatever he wants. His right to say it doesn't place an obligation on me to talk to him about it.

Why do you think me not wanting to engage him is 'denying his right to an opinion'? Ridiculous position. And, I'll add, my engaging with Seafoam in this thread clearly shows your post about me to be entirely incorrect.

So, what's the next level of this? Steelers staying in the locker room for the anthem today. Who will one-up that? Glove-fisted solutes, a la '68 Olympics? Signs and banners? Going to be a real s**t show now. Even Trump toadies like Kraft and Rex Ryan are on board.

So, what's the next level of this? Steelers staying in the locker room for the anthem today. Who will one-up that? Glove-fisted solutes, a la '68 Olympics? Signs and banners? Going to be a real s**t show now. Even Trump toadies like Kraft and Rex Ryan are on board.

Giselle might even make Tom protest.

wait they think that there is inherent discrimination in the US so they don't stand for the anthem

but then they show how educated they are while standing for God Save the Queen

hate to break it to you people but that is hypocrisy at its finest

• Like 2

provide statistical proof please

The polls have him heading toward the bottom

Are those the same polls that showed Hillary Clinton having a 98.4% chance of winning the election?

You people never learn.

wait they think that there is inherent discrimination in the US so they don't stand for the anthem

but then they show how educated they are while standing for God Save the Queen

hate to break it to you people but that is hypocrisy at its finest

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

And they just said on tv that the Punksburg Stealers won't even come out onto the field for The Anthem................F THEM!

I'm sure you're so outraged that you're benching Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell.

I wonder how many more fans the NFL will acquire with their stance. I can only see people who hate football becoming fans because of the controversy. Good move NFL...no where to go but up.(sarcasm may be implied)

• Like 1

And they just said on tv that the Punksburg Stealers won't even come out onto the field for The Anthem................F THEM!

What did you expect? Ha called players "sons of b*****s" and called out an NBA player by name. He did that. For real. You're going to see acts of player solidarity everywhere. This is only the beginning.

• Like 1

China Cat you say you are done w the NFL. By extension you should be done with NFL related internet forums, no?

I support free speech and protests of all kinds. Hating on people for demonstrating might be your opinion, but its also unamerican.

:lol: at a man who got 4 draft deferments and has a 30-year history of stiffing small businesses and shipping manufacturing and jobs overseas "standing up for the flag" by criticizing the NFL.

I wouldn't expect any less from the guy whose MAGA hats are made in Mexico. :rolleyes:

Are those the same polls that showed Hillary Clinton having a 98.4% chance of winning the election?

You people never learn.

If you are referring to the national polls before the election they were right. Clinton won the vote that 128+ million people casted on Election Day in case you don't remember. Trump won the electoral college on December 19, the one 500 people vote on.

Everyone has the right to protest whatever they want. I just wish it wasn't brought into the workplace.

Agreed. I'm so turned off to this subject... but all I want to say is that if you're on the clock, your employer is empowered to tell you what to do and how to do it. If you disagree, you are are welcome to terminate your employment with said employer, and find a new platform.

• Like 1

I wonder how many more fans the NFL will acquire with their stance. I can only see people who hate football becoming fans because of the controversy. Good move NFL...no where to go but up.(sarcasm may be implied)

It's not the NFL's "stance". It was just a handful of players from each team protesting inequality in the justice system. It really wasn't a big issue until the Dotard went and made a mess of this.

Pittsburgh isn't staying in the locker room to protest during the anthem, they are staying in the locker room to remain unified and avoid the divisiveness of the situation all together, this according to Tomlin.

Pittsburgh isn't staying in the locker room to protest during the anthem, they are staying in the locker room to remain unified and avoid the divisiveness of the situation all together, this according to Tomlin.

Is a player allowed to come out for the anthem if he wants?

I'm sure you're so outraged that you're benching Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell.

C'mon, that is just stupid. Just because someone is upset about what the Steelers are doing to protest the flag, country, and national anthem, completely unpatriotic, doesn't mean they should throw their fantasy game or not watch the game or Redzone. Some of us don't do stupid protests, period.

• Like 1

Correct

And smart of Tomlin, keeping his team focused on the game.

Would be nice if our president focused on his job too.

This is a fantasy forum so can we talk fantasy? How much of a bump do the Jags get in the PPK rankings and should I continue to hold Kap in my PUP KUP slot?

Sorry. :doh:

Do you want a band aid for your boo boo?

By the way, the Jacksonville Jaguars owner was on the field and locked arms with the players and the coaches support the protest. Where is the outrage towards the president who suggested owners fire players who protested and uninvite Stephen Curry in the same week? You didn't run to this board and cry about that.

• Like 1

That's some disingenuous bulls**t from Tomlin, even by his low standards. As far as I know, it's unprecedented for a team in a major pro league in the U.S. to not come out for the anthem. His team is making a historic political statement today.

• Like 1

C'mon, that is just stupid. Just because someone is upset about what the Steelers are doing to protest the flag, country, and national anthem, completely unpatriotic, doesn't mean they should throw their fantasy game or not watch the game or Redzone. Some of us don't do stupid protests, period.

And as soon as the game ends, the talk is all about the protesting. What a drag these guys who don't even know most likely what they are protesting are taking the spotlight off the actual game.

Then they go home or to clubs clubs and don't do any protesting on their own. It's a loser attitude.

That's what I thought was funny - OP is upset, just not upset enough to mess with his fantasy lineup.

By the way, the Jacksonville Jaguars owner was on the field and locked arms with the players and the coaches support the protest. Where is the outrage towards the president who suggested owners fire players who protested and uninvite Stephen Curry in the same week? You didn't run to this board and cry about that.

The Jags owner will suffer the consequences of what he did.

Owners should "fire players" or suspennd them but first they have to make coming out for the Anthem a prerequsite for getting paid. If the player doesn't want to get aid then fine. :)

Curry said he didn't want to go. If you invite someone to your home and they say "I don't really like you and I don't think I want to go" should you just forget it or rescind the invite?

CUrry got what he wanted. Why are you crying?

That's some disingenuous bulls**t from Tomlin, even by his low standards. As far as I know, it's unprecedented for a team in a major pro league in the U.S. to not come out for the anthem. His team is making a historic political statement today.

100% correct.

If he said that he's a lying sack of ......

China Cat you say you are done w the NFL. By extension you should be done with NFL related internet forums, no?

I support free speech and protests of all kinds. Hating on people for demonstrating might be your opinion, but its also unamerican.

there are platforms where you demonstrate, and platforms where you dont. Almost everyone of us would be fired if we pulled this type of crap at our real jobs

Google that

:lol: at a man who got 4 draft deferments and has a 30-year history of stiffing small businesses and shipping manufacturing and jobs overseas "standing up for the flag" by criticizing the NFL.

I wouldn't expect any less from the guy whose MAGA hats are made in Mexico. :rolleyes:

Winner.

One more thing

They stood for God Save the Queen. Even though as pointed out before the Brits bought slaves here and they rountinely (throughout all of Europe) throw bananas at black soccer players.

I lump the owner in with them. This is not a racial criticism on my part. Just because I disagree with a black person does not mean I am racist. I disagree with what they are doing. It's so easy for some people to make everything about race.

If you are referring to the national polls before the election they were right. Clinton won the vote that 128+ million people casted on Election Day in case you don't remember. Trump won the electoral college on December 19, the one 500 people vote on.

yah we should change the country to a democracy. Gimme a break, this has been and will always be a Republic, not a democracy

here let me make it simple for you. Who wins this tennis match

6-0, 6-7,6-7

So you guys work at a place that plays the national anthem every morning before you start and if you took a knee while this happens every morning they would fire you????

The Jags owner will suffer the consequences of what he did.

Owners should "fire players" or suspennd them but first they have to make coming out for the Anthem a prerequsite for getting paid. If the player doesn't want to get aid then fine. :)

Curry said he didn't want to go. If you invite someone to your home and they say "I don't really like you and I don't think I want to go" should you just forget it or rescind the invite?

CUrry got what he wanted. Why are you crying?

Most owners - including Kraft and Ross - have already sided with the players over Dotard on this.

Not that they support kneeling during the anthem, but that they support the right of their players to express their views, and that they stand United with their players.

yah we should change the country to a democracy. Gimme a break, this has been and will always be a Republic, not a democracy

here let me make it simple for you. Who wins this tennis match

6-0, 6-7,6-7

It depends on what sex or race they are. Then he can answer that question.