Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Adrian Peterson: When should you draft him?

When are you guys drafting him (if you're drafting him at all)? Is he going to be the lead back in NO or is Ingram? What's the deal with him? I've been seeing Ingram go ahead of him in mocks so far. I wouldn't think they would sign someone like Peterson and NOT expect him to be the lead back but I haven't heard much about the situation. Any of you have any info on it or insight?

PPR I truly like Ingram over Peterson.

In non ppr it's a tough call for me.

Peterson should be the goal line guy.

I'm not interested in drafting him at all.

At this stage of the game I feel that Ingram has far more left in the tank than AD does.

Plus, he's not Adrian Effing Peterson, which works just fine for me. :)

• Like 1

What I'm trying to figure out is how they are going to utilize them. They didn't sign AD to just sit around or to share carries (at least I wouldn't THINK they would). Ingram was getting the job done last year so I don't know why they brought in Peterson. Trying to figure out how it's going to work or if that entire backfield should be avoided

What I'm trying to figure out is how they are going to utilize them. They didn't sign AD to just sit around or to share carries (at least I wouldn't THINK they would). Ingram was getting the job done last year so I don't know why they brought in Peterson. Trying to figure out how it's going to work or if that entire backfield should be avoided

I share your confusion - still can't figure out what the game plan is there.

Payton is moving to a power running game in an attempt to prepare for Brees departure next year.

Saints are going to run as much as possible this year, using AP and Ingram in tandem.

Payton is moving to a power running game in an attempt to prepare for Brees departure next year.

Saints are going to run as much as possible this year, using AP and Ingram in tandem.

Who's the back to own then? That's the question

Ive read that Ingram has looked great in the passing game, and last season was his best rushing season.

I think Peterson is there to pound the ball like posted above.

But right now I have Ingram ranked has a low rb2 and Peterson a high rb3.

If Peterson is the lead goal line back he could score ten plus rushing tds.

Also its a fact that Brees and the Saints have had trouble playing on the road.

So I think they brought in Peterson to pound the rock in those road games.

But I still think Ingram will get his fair share of rushes and he's going to lead in targets.

Peterson is the far better talent. He can also catch the ball. I think AP will be the feature back and Ingram will be the 3rd down/change up guy.

Also, remember, Ingram had fumble issues last year and was benched briefly in favor of journeyman Tim Hightower.

Plus, if defenses try to stack the box, Brees will be licking his chops!!!

I think AP puts up another banner season: 1300, 35, 250, 12.

If the defense is just decent, they'll win the division.

I disagree.

I think Ingram will be more involved in the running game then most think.

And as the season goes on I think he will even become more involved.

Those of you who say Ingram, like to see you on draft day announce in front of all, Ingram and not Peterson. i bet you dont.

They also drafted Kamara to be the 3rd down pass back. So Ingram and Peterson and gonna be interchangeable as the first and second down grinders with Ingram more likely to stay in on passing downs if Kamara doesn't pick up stuff very quickly

I don't trust Payton enough to do the right thing. Trying to avoid the whole situation.

When should you draft him? Maybe 2008

You beat me to the punch, nobody!

ICEMAN

How about never. Is never good for you?

But seriously, someone will take him long before I will. Hasn't been a viable fantasy RB in years and time is not good to that position. NO THANK YOU

It's kind of hard to judge. Ingram knows the offense and is pretty effective. AP is...well he's AP. They didn't sign him to ride the bench. I'm seeing Ingram go ahead of AP in mocks by at least 2 rounds. Ingram is going 2-3 rounds while AP is going 4-6 rounds. Maybe preseason will help us out but I think Ingram is the safer choice of the two due to APs age and injury history. I'm just not willing to pull the trigger on Ingram that early in the draft only to be unsure of his role

When he reaches the point of tiered players like Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, and countless others. Watch the draft and count how many of them you would be okay with and get your targeted players. Only fools use ADP, i may draft a player whos ADP is 2 rounds later but i get paid off by landing what u got 2 rounds earlier. Meanwhile your stuck with a crappy TE, or starting QB you waited on being gone. Tiering players gives you flexibility when you know what Quality of players will be there when your next pick comes around.

THE question in New Orleans is, and has been, is the Saints Defense worth a damn and then Offensive Line.

If either of these is a question, this would degrade any expectation of AP

Saints fans, what is your take on my question. Are they worth a damn.

Past that, your question should be what round do you make the move.

This stated, one cannot argue the value of a late round veteran RB

Those of you who say Ingram, like to see you on draft day announce in front of all, Ingram and not Peterson. i bet you dont.

I have yet to see AP go before Ingram this year. Dynasty, redraft or MFL10s

Who's the back to own then? That's the question

And what impact might this have on Thomas this year and his high ADP and projections?