Sign in to follow this  
The Postman

Keenan Allen

Ok, I absolutely loved this guy until the injury last year. He is back and I still love the skills, but is he back to his former self or is he still a year away from the elite receiver he was. I love him at his current ADP, what is everyone's opinion here??

At 3.08 he's reasonably priced but I won't be buying. I'd rather take Pryor, ARob, Alshon instead. KA burned me twice in 3 years.

edit: ARob at current 4.04 adp is a steal imo.

Yea I loved him too until last year. He was my first rounder.

If he falls to the 3rd for me I'll take him but I can't in the 2nd.

wow, FFtoday has him ranked 36 or 37 making him a low end WR3.

if his ADP is 3.08 that would suggest he is way overvalued.

Can't stay healthy and San Diego has more weapons now even with the rook out.

I get why people like him but you wouldn't see me taking him until the 5th. Which means I ain't getting him

why? based on what? how is he injury prone?

9 games played in the last 2 years.

he has never played a full season without missing time.

I think you have to consider the injury history here. Even if you think he will finally put it all together health wise.

9 games played in the last 2 years.

he has never played a full season without missing time.

I think you have to consider the injury history here. Even if you think he will finally put it all together health wise.

well true but dont you have to consider the type of injuries?

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/keenan-allen/6678

this link takes you to the sports injury predictor which has his injuries documented throughout his college and NFL career.

his injuries are all over the map

PCL, ACL, shoulder, hip, pedal ankle.... it all adds up to not great.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/keenan-allen/6678

this link takes you to the sports injury predictor which has his injuries documented throughout his college and NFL career.

his injuries are all over the map

PCL, ACL, shoulder, hip, pedal ankle.... it all adds up to not great.

i dont know. lacerated kidney. what are the chances of repeat?

I wasnt really concerning myself with that one. If I was, I would have mentioned it specifically with the grade 3 ACL and PCL tears.

Somebody's been reading Matthew Berry.

And that's a problem.

• Like 1

I almost traded Landry for him in a PPR league but after an hour of research couldn't pull the trigger. I know Landry's value may be on a bit of a decline with a new QB, Parker emerging, and the Dolphins planning to run more, but he doesn't have the HUGE injury concerns Keenan does.

I like swinging for the fences. Third round I'm grabbing him. He gets hurt again, I trust my ability to find a suitable replacement but when's he's in there, he's a number 1. Just my opinion.

The cheapest and my favorite WR stack with huge upside Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams. I think you can get Williams in double digit rounds

Somebody's been reading Matthew Berry.

And that's a problem.

whos matthew berry? And whats the problem?

I wasnt really concerning myself with that one. If I was, I would have mentioned it specifically with the grade 3 ACL and PCL tears.

Heres the thing. If he didnt have this injury in the past, He would be a first rounder. Its all about player value and upside. Any one of these guys could be out for these season after one certain type of hit. Anyway, at the right price Ill take him.

I'll be passing and not because I was burned by Keenan last year. I've been a huge fan since I added him early off the wire in his rookie season but I think the price is too high. Even if he stays healthy all season, I still believe Tyrell Williams will be the 1b to Keenan's 1a and can be had at a much cheaper price.

Don't forget, at some point Williams will come back (maybe October). Plus, there is Travis Benjamin. There's a lot of guys worth considering over Allen.

• Like 1

If Allen stays healthy, he'll be the #1 producer on that team. The question is, how much faith do you put in him to stay healthy? In my keeper league, I'll put a ton, because I can keep him for a 15th round pick. In a re-draft, my confidence isn't at a 4th round adp level... I'd say 7th round.

so there are two trains of thought here:

The addition of Williams and Benjamin will take away from Allen's targets

Allen's history of injury makes him risky.

when looking at these two things, the logical move is.....

to buy Rivers.

the extra WR depth improves his upside, and if Keenan Allen is healthy, I'd expect Rivers to have a better season as well.

I thought he had a decent year last year with very little in the way of receivers outside of the TE position.

it looks like the line will be better as well. Although with a rookie and Tuerk who basically red shirted last year (so effectively two rookies) it could be a rough start for the line until they all get on the same page.

all that potential upside could be captured in Rivers stats.

Just sayin.

• Like 3

If Allen stays healthy, he'll be the #1 producer on that team. The question is, how much faith do you put in him to stay healthy? In my keeper league, I'll put a ton, because I can keep him for a 15th round pick. In a re-draft, my confidence isn't at a 4th round adp level... I'd say 7th round.

I think Rivers knows he should throw to the better receiver, Tyrell

so there are two trains of thought here:

The addition of Williams and Benjamin will take away from Allen's targets

Allen's history of injury makes him risky.

when looking at these two things, the logical move is.....

to buy Rivers.

the extra WR depth improves his upside, and if Keenan Allen is healthy, I'd expect Rivers to have a better season as well.

I thought he had a decent year last year with very little in the way of receivers outside of the TE position.

it looks like the line will be better as well. Although with a rookie and Tuerk who basically red shirted last year (so effectively two rookies) it could be a rough start for the line until they all get on the same page.

all that potential upside could be captured in Rivers stats.

Just sayin.

Im kind of with you on this. Ill be keeping him on my list if i go QB cheaper. I think I can get him for 1/3 of what rodgers would cost in my auction. That being said if Brady goes for 15% of cap, which is hard to predict this year, Im all in.

I would take an injury prone RB. I don't believe in taking injury prone WRs if I can avoid it. I don't want to have to scramble for WRs when taking one relatively early in drafts. They should play 16 games and let me manage the other positions in a perfect world.

I would take an injury prone RB. I don't believe in taking injury prone WRs if I can avoid it. I don't want to have to scramble for WRs when taking one relatively early in drafts. They should play 16 games and let me manage the other positions in a perfect world.

Depending on you lineup format, dont you think its harder to fill in RBs during the season than servicable WRs? Around week 6 in my league a newly starting RB (due to injury or whatever) can cost a lot in FA. There are guys in my league that will pay up all their budget for someone for one week if their RB is on bye.

Depending on you lineup format, dont you think its harder to fill in RBs during the season than servicable WRs? Around week 6 in my league a newly starting RB (due to injury or whatever) can cost a lot in FA. There are guys in my league that will pay up all their budget for someone for one week if their RB is on bye.

Exactly. It's is harder to find RBs but that's the position that gets most often hurt so it is what it is. I don't want to have to find a RB AND a WR. We all know we have to find RB all year. I don't want that risk out of my WR position in the early rounds.

I think Rivers knows he should throw to the better receiver, Tyrell

I don't think Phillip Rivers will believe that the better receiver is the guy who caught 58% of his targets when the other guy caught 68.6%.

I actually approach it the exact opposite. I'd rather have trust worthy (for the most part), RB's because in PPR leagues, there are literally 50 startable WR's every week. For RB's, there's maybe 20...? On any given Wednesday, I can search the waiver wire and find probably 5 WR's that I'd be ok starting in that given week. I don't even bother looking for RB's because there aren't any.

I actually approach it the exact opposite. I'd rather have trust worthy (for the most part), RB's because in PPR leagues, there are literally 50 startable WR's every week. For RB's, there's maybe 20...? On any given Wednesday, I can search the waiver wire and find probably 5 WR's that I'd be ok starting in that given week. I don't even bother looking for RB's because there aren't any.

The RB position inherently makes them all injury prone. Not so for WRs. If I'm taking an EARLY pick at WR I'm taking safe bets.

There are no safe bets at RB in terms of injury prone.

The RB position inherently makes them all injury prone. Not so for WRs. If I'm taking an EARLY pick at WR I'm taking safe bets.

There are no safe bets at RB in terms of injury prone.

Fair enough. I just don't agree with the strategy. I load up on RB's early and I've been able to find scrap heap / waiver wire WR's every year.

I want to have the best group at either one of RBs or WR/TEs, and piece together the other position through mid to late rd/waivers, and have been very successful at both.

The past few years though, I've moved more towards Zero RB, and haven't missed the playoffs in any year.

I have grown to love having 3 stud WRs and an elite TE, and have had no problems finding good to very good RBs.

You do have to be smart though with how you play this as you can't have this work if you're a 'set it and forget it" type owner.

You have to be 1-2 weeks ahead of potential job changes, to ensure you have the guy on your bench before he breaks out.

You don't blow your waiver priority on small acquisitions. Hitting on just one big guy makes so much more of a difference, so you have to be proactive about putting yourself in the right position for that.

If you have unlimited transactions, always use one roster spot to pickup the best handcuff during every slate of games in the event someone goes down. Pickup the Thurs night handcuff immediately, and then drop him for the Noon Sun best handcuff if no injury, then the same for 3 PM and so forth. It can get tedious, but I promise you it will work at some point. 2 years ago it got me Buck Allen for the playoffs when Forsett went down, and last year it got me Jordan Howard when Langford went down.