Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

My Dilemma

So this guy in my league drops Mixon earlier this week, which I thought was weird, and I promptly picked him up. Last night he sent me a PM saying he dropped Mixon by accident and meant to drop Stewart. I actually believe him bc he knows his stuff and dropping Mixon made zero sense for him. He was cool about it and didn't ask me to give him back, but my conscious is getting to me. Problem is if I try to trade Mixon back to him I think he may get insulted, and if I just give him back for next to nothing others in my league are going to questions what the heck is going on. What would you do? Would you even worry about this?

Ie: he dropped Mixon. Mixon was available to be picked up immediately. You picked up Mixon. The next night, the previous owner texts you with a 'maaaan, I messed up'. You no-sold it at first but now you're thinking about it?

If there's not a more compelling nuance to this, seems like you should just keep Mixon and keep it moving. Make to fill us in if there's something missing.

I think the Mixon owner was embarassed and was able to breathe easier once he could assure himself that your perception of this drop would now be because you knew he'd made a misclick rather than wondering if he'd lost his marbles.

Once he told you that, a satisfactory resolution of this situation was achieved...nothing more needs to be done.

How did he make the mistake would be my question. And also did he catch it right away and say something?

Similar things have happened to me. I'd just trade him back for stewart.

That would throw up red flags in my league. Some people are very leery of collusion. Plus I'm the commish and am the last person who people should be questioning. I guess I could rule with an iron fist and say "scr*ew you all, Im the commish" and do what I want, but that will cause more problems I think. I think for now Im just gonna hold.

How did he make the mistake would be my question. And also did he catch it right away and say something?

He dropped him for another player during bidding on Wed night. I woke up early the next morning when the FA pool opened up for free add/drops and saw he dropped him probably before anyone else and I picked him up.

That would throw up red flags in my league. Some people are very leery of collusion. Plus I'm the commish and am the last person who people should be questioning. I guess I could rule with an iron fist and say "scr*ew you all, Im the commish" and do what I want, but that will cause more problems I think. I think for now Im just gonna hold.

Seeing as he was just dropped I think it'd be real easy to see the lack of collusion going on, especially since you're getting the raw end of it. I don't play in any cut throat leagues so maybe it's different for me, but usually a simple message explaining what happened would suffice for the other league members. I don't think it's wrong to keep him, just saying what I'd do.

if this is a competitive league with strangers, screw him and keep Mixon.

If these are friends, give him back.

Pretty simple.

• Like 1

That makes no sense at all. Just explain what happened.

Commissioners POV

A drop is a drop. Especially in a First come First served world of FA without any limits

You dropped someone to get Mixon.

Is that player even there

Both teams need to be made whole afterwards.

Collusion or appearance of one is a factor to consider here.

At best, trades is the best solution to resolve.

OR

If your player is still on scap pile and you want to reverse it. Then sure ask the Commish to do this.

But as a Commish, I would NOT step on it otherwise, prefer the teams to deal with it via trade

Well if anyone is interested I offered him back Mixon in a trade - Mixon for Stewart (he said Stewart was the player he meant to drop) He was cool and rejected it saying he appreciated the sentiment, but it was his mistake an "on him". I'm glad I at least made the offer.

This is a reason players dropped should go on waivers for a day or two so he could potentially be bid back by the original owner.

• Like 1

This is a reason players dropped should go on waivers for a day or two so he could potentially be bid back by the original owner.

could be wrong on this, but I thought the original owner can't put in a waiver claim for a player they dropped. They have to wait for them to clear waivers and pickup as FA.

could be wrong on this, but I thought the original owner can't put in a waiver claim for a player they dropped. They have to wait for them to clear waivers and pickup as FA.

This might be true in some leagues. In yahoo I think if u drop them to where they go on waivers and won't come off till after games start that they can be rebid during the regular weekly waivers by even the original owner. But if it's mid week then you cant.

This might be true in some leagues. In yahoo I think if u drop them to where they go on waivers and won't come off till after games start that they can be rebid during the regular weekly waivers by even the original owner. But if it's mid week then you cant.

I just did a test on this trying to pick up a guy I dropped yesterday in Yahoo, and it declined.

"You cannot add a player you dropped until the waiver period ends. (Error #245)" is what popped up.

I've been playing since 93 & I have never "accidentally" dropped someone. WTF is wrong with people?

This thread made me check my waivers a third time before going to bed. The leagues Im in would almost certainly not to a givesy backsy after a day. Id have to notice the next morning at the latest.