Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Buying a new truck...

I did. I even checked a dealership down in Oklahoma City. This was the best deal I could find. We have a relative that's a Chevy dealer down in Missouri and he said that was a really good deal getting $15,000 off the truck.

No biggie I was just trying to see you there was something in the negotiating of the price that I might be missing that you guys who have probably dealt with this more might know. Thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it.

Our local dealer is advertising prices cheaper than that, they are advertising 17,000 off.

http://www.classicchevroletofhouston.com/

Our local dealer is advertising prices cheaper than that, they are advertising 17,000 off.

http://www.classicchevroletofhouston.com/

Yeah that's insane good.

When we got done they tried to sell us a wrap package..like an extra warranty on everything on the vehicle would be covered. We didn't do it...was like another $6500 over 6 years...but kinda wondering if we shouldn't have got it. Tires if I pop one is $800.

Is that legit or a rip off?

Yeah that's insane good.

When we got done they tried to sell us a wrap package..like an extra warranty on everything on the vehicle would be covered. We didn't do it...was like another $6500 over 6 years...but kinda wondering if we shouldn't have got it. Tires if I pop one is $800.

its hard to say, I have it on one car (cause I bought the demo car) and it cost me 4300 over 6 years, but it included ALL maint including oil changes and roadside, breaks at 50k and a set of tires at 50k. I already had a blowout so that was 400, and each oil change is like 50$

it cost me like 70$ a month so I said sure

Yeah that's insane good.

I have never done it. They wouldnt do it if they were losing money on it...

I have never done it. They wouldnt do it if they were losing money on it...

True...we just figured $6500 will repair alot of stuff in the first 6 years if something happens.

True...we just figured $6500 will repair alot of stuff in the first 6 years if something happens.

And I always tell them that I chose XYZ vehicle because I think the quality is such that I will not have issues. If they feel I need the extra warranty, I will gladly head across the street to the ABC dealer. They shut up then.

Granted, a tire blowout or kid spilling soda on the seat isnt a manufacturer issue.

And I always tell them that I chose XYZ vehicle because I think the quality is such that I will not have issues. If they feel I need the extra warranty, I will gladly head across the street to the ABC dealer. They shut up then.

Granted, a tire blowout or kid spilling soda on the seat isnt a manufacturer issue.

I paid 4300 for 6 years

I get 36 oil changes (1800)

unlimited car washes (1000)

set of tires at 50k (1400)

breaks done at 50k (400)

all Tuneups (maybe 400?)

and then anything else that goes wrong is just gravy

I see it as I am making money on the deal

considering I have already had a blowout and had a squirrel chew thru my AC line (575$) I will come out way ahead

Yeah this is definitely the cheapest one I could find. Part of the problem is the upgrade package that I'm sending the truck away for only deals with this dealer or one in Omaha which is 2 hours away.

Yes sounds like I get four oil changes and tire rotations. I can also Bring it through their car wash every day if I wanted to. He said there's a lot more other stuff as well when I come down.

Black.

You're screwed because you think you need the custom upgrade. I hope it's worth it.

Yeah that's insane good.

Extended warranties are almost always unnecesary and overpriced.

You're screwed because you think you need the custom upgrade. I hope it's worth it.

Meh....we have the money and ill have the only one in iowa. Kinda fun having something i wont see 100 of rolling around. Also compensates for my small peenus

Meh....we have the money and ill have the only one in iowa. Kinda fun having something i wont see 100 of rolling around. Also compensates for my small peenus

Get the SMLPNS vanity plate to make it extra custom :thumbsup:

Question.....so if i was finding some stuff online to add to the truck...like lets say a massive ahole new horn...and i buy it. Who do you get to install that stuff? (Besides a real man....calm down you jackals)

Mexicans....my wife? Have i taken everyones comedy bits yet hah. Fockers.

Extended warranties are almost always unnecesary and overpriced.

Disagree somewhat.

its pretty easy to get a good deal. Just show up. I got a 2018 ford escape with the dealer giving me $2000 off the sticker and Ford giving me $4000 in rebates. I could have haggled and got more with my trade, but I didnt want to spend another 4 hours of my life trying to save 6 dollars a month.

its pretty easy to get a good deal. Just show up. I got a 2018 ford escape with the dealer giving me $2000 off the sticker and Ford giving me $4000 in rebates. I could have haggled and got more with my trade, but I didnt want to spend another 4 hours of my life trying to save 6 dollars a month.

They should pay you to take an Escape home.

Yeah I agree. The timing was pretty good. This was about the maximum we were going to get for my minivan and about the max we were going to get off on a new Silverado.

Hard part is waiting another five and a half weeks until it gets here.

They should pay you to take an Escape home.

Crazy. Just traded one in a few months ago. 5 1/2 years, no problems.