Photo

What was your favorite Van Halen

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Who you got? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Van Halen

1. Van Roth (18 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Van Hagar (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Van Cherone (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 112,721 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

:headbanger:

#2 dain11279

dain11279

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,343 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

You really got me :dunno:

This thread is gayer than my dad.

#3 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 112,721 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:28 AM

You really got me :dunno:

EVerybody wants some!

#4 dain11279

dain11279

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,343 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:29 AM

EVerybody wants some!

Right now?

#5 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 112,721 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

Right now?

When it's love.

#6 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,344 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

When it's love.

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#7 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 112,721 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

Unchained

#8 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 112,721 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

blood bath

#9 dain11279

dain11279

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,343 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

I'm the only Hagar fan :(

#10 TommyGavin

TommyGavin

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

I am a Sammy Hagar fan. Not a Van Hagar fan
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. ~Jack Handey (VIA IronToeNedney)

#11 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,352 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...

#12 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 57,566 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

Not as well known. Not on any VH album;

Humans Being.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#13 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 31,218 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...

Quality choices :headbanger:

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#14 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,493 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

No, I bet most of us like Sammy, in my case, I just like Dave better. 

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close. ~me

#15 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 40,323 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

There's only one Van Halen - the rest are cover bands. :roth:

#16 SUXBNME

SUXBNME

FF Geek

• Members
  • 48,277 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

Not anymore :)

I like Frank M now

#17 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,949 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

The world was so much better before the first split. 

Van Halen > Van Hagar

Sammy Hagar Solo > Sammy Hagar as a singer in a band

I will admit that Hagar was a better choice than Drunken Eddie Van Halens first attempt at replacing Roth.....Patty Smyth

http://rockinsights....ghts-news/89393

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

#18 dain11279

dain11279

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,343 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

Not anymore :)

:headbanger:

#19 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

Van Hagar...

#20 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,949 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

Van Hagar...

:first:

Spicoli didn't blow his reward money (for saving Brooke Shields from drowning) hiring VAN HAGAR to play his birthday party!

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

#21 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

this.  I saw sammy play on his own, in VH, and with HSAS.  The show i saw on his own may have been the concert with the most energy i have seen.  He had no opening act and played for 4 hours.

he made some good music with VH, but VH was better with DLR

Challenge does not build character. Challenge reveals it.

#22 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,852 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

Roth by a country mile.

Best song is Runnin With The Devil.

#23 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 57,566 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

I'm just going to say it. I hate David Lee Roth. If he was black everybody would think the same way. (See Kanye) . Just an ego driven talentless thin skinned hack all about drawing attention to himself without working very hard.

Face a couple truths. First, if Hagar was there before Roth, everybody would hate Roth because it wasn't the original. And 2nd? Only time Van Halen got any sort of commercial or critical success was without David Lee Roth.

Having said all that? From my time at Live Nation, every one of those guys are f****** little b******. I'd rather try to organize menstrating sorority girls than these f******.

Eddie Van Halen maybe a stellar guitarist, but he's a bigger b**** than Kelly Ripa going through menopause.

#24 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,852 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

I'm just going to say it. I hate David Lee Roth. If he was black everybody would think the same way. (See Kanye) . Just an ego driven talentless thin skinned hack all about drawing attention to himself without working very hard.

Face a couple truths. First, if Hagar was there before Roth, everybody would hate Roth because it wasn't the original. And 2nd? Only time Van Halen got any sort of commercial or critical success was without David Lee Roth.

Having said all that? From my time at Live Nation, every one of those guys are f****** little b******. I'd rather try to organize menstrating sorority girls than these f******.

Eddie Van Halen maybe a stellar guitarist, but he's a bigger b**** than Kelly Ripa going through menopause.

A swing and a wiff

The highest-charting Roth-led Van Halen album was a #2, and it took until 1984 to snatch that. (He repeated the deuce in 2012 with A Different Kind of Truth.) [3] Roth's highest-selling Van Halen albums were Van Halen (17 million) and 1984 (17 million). Hagar's topper was 5150 (11 million).May 21, 2015

#25 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

:lol:

#26 Mungwater

Mungwater

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Whoever you vote for, just know that Tommy Gavin will try to have relations with him

#27 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 57,566 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

A swing and a wiff

The highest-charting Roth-led Van Halen album was a #2, and it took until 1984 to snatch that. (He repeated the deuce in 2012 with A Different Kind of Truth.) [3] Roth's highest-selling Van Halen albums were Van Halen (17 million) and 1984 (17 million). Hagar's topper was 5150 (11 million).May 21, 2015

From your own quote.

Roth never cracked number one. Van Hagar hit number one with all four albums.

Again from your own quote. 5150 sold 11 million albums. At a time when album sales were on the decline by the way. Now take all of Roths sales and divide that by the number of albums that were released. It's basically 57 million divided by 8 which is about 7 million dollars per album. Hagar? 11M on one alone.

_-----

So, your quote is sort of right in the absolute. At best.

Honestly curious about Grammy's as well. Don't know the answer.

But all you have to do is Google Van Halen and meltdown to see the video of how toxic they were together. And what a ###### Roth is.

You figure, Roth had eight swings at the ball and at best got to number one once out of four times. Hagar had four swings and got the number one four out of four times. Says a lot.

#28 Strike

Strike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,226 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

I'm guessing this Cherone listing is the guy who replaced Sammy?  Never heard of him.  I love Sammy but as far as VH goes I like the songs DLR sang better than the stuff they came out with when Sammy was in the band. 

2008 Geek Bored Football Pick'em Champion

#29 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 112,721 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

A swing and a wiff

jesus, right?

#30 TommyGavin

TommyGavin

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

Whoever you vote for, just know that Tommy Gavin will try to have relations with him

I don't Fvck dudes that Fvck other dudes. Or something like that.
:nono:
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. ~Jack Handey (VIA IronToeNedney)

#31 TommyGavin

TommyGavin

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

I'm guessing this Cherone listing is the guy who replaced Sammy?  Never heard of him.  I love Sammy but as far as VH goes I like the songs DLR sang better than the stuff they came out with when Sammy was in the band. 

Cherone was in between DLR and SH - I think.

#32 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Cherone was in between DLR and SH - I think.

David Lee Roth to Hagar to sort of DLR(his big mouth screwed it up) to Cherone to Hagar to DLR to present.  

#33 ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

There's only one Van Halen - the rest are cover bands. :roth:

Unintentional funny comment considering how many covers they did with DLR.

Republicans are red, Democrats are blue

Neither one of them gives a f*ck about you

#34 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,852 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

From your own quote.

Again from your own quote. 5150 sold 11 million albums. At a time when album sales were on the decline by the way. Now take all of Roths sales and divide that by the number of albums that were released. It's basically 57 million divided by 8 which is about 7 million dollars per album. Hagar? 11M on one alone.

_-----

But all you have to do is Google Van Halen and meltdown to see the video of how toxic they were together. And what a ###### Roth is.

You figure, Roth had eight swings at the ball and at best got to number one once out of four times. Hagar had four swings and got the number one four out of four times. Says a lot.

Spin it however you want now. But you said the ONLY time they had any commercial or critical success was with Hagar.

The only single that ever reached number 1 was Jump. (Arguably their worst song of all time).

It was nominated for a Grammy but didnt win

Carnal Knowledge won a Grammy.

But as far as critical success, VH 1 is generally considered a ground breaking album that introduced the world to the brown sound. Its also known for ushering in an era of rock music that was actually entertaining again.

#35 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

From your own quote.

_-----

When the first Van Halen album was released the top two albums by sales that year were the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and Grease soundtrack.  That's kind of funny.

#36 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,344 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

:thumbsup:

I'm so damn old I saw Sammy in 1979 at Arrowhead Stadium(Summerjam '79) when he opened for The Cars,Heart and Ted Nugent.He absolutely rocked,Bad Motor Scooter was one of the highlights.

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#37 BunnysBastatrds

BunnysBastatrds

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,516 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

DLR  by a mile. 

All my flavors are guranteed to satisfy.

#38 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

they all sucked

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)

#39 Hook Echo

Hook Echo

FF Geek

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

No love for Wolfgang ?

#40 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

No love for Wolfgang ?

Wolfgang couldn't carry Michael Anthony's Hot Sauce.