Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

No Shady in South Beach Yo!

I have laid myself on the train tracks with Gilly in my lineup and Shady on the bench. I'm terrified. But I'd have to bench James White to start both.

I have 10 minutes to see shady look amazing in a video clip and change my mind.

Pick up Quizz now while you can.

Don't fall for it! Shady is one run from tweaking that hammy, it's a trap. Play Gill and don't look back.

I made a decision to risk it Doug Martin and he pulled a Doug Martin on me. Someone else scooped Jacuzzi. I'm locked in with Gilly. Let the absurdity..continue.

Hold tight, they aren't running well with anyone.

I mean he isn't getting many carries at all. Shady is not just a decoy, or even very limited in snaps, today.

I mean he isn't getting many carries at all. Shady is not just a decoy, or even very limited in snaps, today.

Yea it blows what can I say. They running shady and he isnt doing squat.

A big +1 of a Mike G owner that wants to see Shady open it up and fully blow that thing out.

I think more likely is that this is gamesmanship and McCoy us active but doesn't play like Fuller last week.

Hopefully they shut down McCoy for a few weeks now.

Rex should be ffred. Why on Earth even chance it with McCoy??

Gill is perfectly capable of filling in for a couple of weeks until Shady is 100%

In the end, as my other option would have been Duke, I only missed out on 1 point in that league had I pulled Duke. But still...they rest Shady, Gilly does a lot better for me. Oh well.

Perhaps next week is the week for us gillislee owners.

I kinda really want to kill a certain coach today. Here's Roto:

LeSean McCoy acknowledged he felt "a little pain" in his hamstring while running a pass route in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to Miami.

Asked if it would have been better to sit against the Dolphins, McCoy replied "You might be right." Players always want to play, but it is incumbent on teams to protect players from themselves in situations such as this. Coach Rex Ryan took the ignorance-is-bliss approach after Sunday's game, saying "We thought he was fine" and "I don't know that he wasn't 100 percent." McCoy is now very possibly staring at a multi-week absence. Great job, Bills.

Once you realize that football coaches are not smart people in general, just meat heads good at motivating, it all starts to make more sense.

There's some smart coaches. Even Rex has his moments with some of the defensive schemes he draws up. But making tough decisions and managing people consistently over time is HARD.

Benching an injured franchise rb before he hurts himself worse and messes up a whole season is EASY. I loathe Rex cuz his lows are so insanely low. This is yet another one.

Fantasy-wise, the Bills almost landed me a week 7 defeat but I survived...many thanks to that 'terrible' rb Melvin Gordon. His yards per carry somehow don't stop the tds from counting. Weird. I'm glad i didn't get any interest when I foolishly put out feelers to move him for some buy low guys a month ago.

McCoy believes he has a chance to play next Sunday against the Patriots.

"It's not one of those major issues like last year -- deep, deep pain," he said. "It's something that just takes time. I think a full week of practicing and taking all the steps, I should be fine. We'll see what happens."

Looks like Rex and LeSean plan to screw up his hamstring even more next week.

I should probably look to trade McCoy/Gillislee soon. What an idiot Rex Ryan is. I knew this would happen. Reason I benched both McCoy and Gillislee today.

McCoy believes he has a chance to play next Sunday against the Patriots.

"It's not one of those major issues like last year -- deep, deep pain," he said. "It's something that just takes time. I think a full week of practicing and taking all the steps, I should be fine. We'll see what happens."

Looks like Rex and LeSean plan to screw up his hamstring even more next week.

I should probably look to trade McCoy/Gillislee soon. What an idiot Rex Ryan is. I knew this would happen. Reason I benched both McCoy and Gillislee today.

I knew Shady was no genius, but man. What an idiot. Soft tissue injury? Oh, it takes time. Just GO THROUGH A FULL WEEK OF PRACTICE to give it time to heal. Those aren't contradictory at all.

He is fine. Just felt a "little pain" in his hammy on the route. Last year was a" deep, deep pain". Dr McCoy has this covered and will be a game time decision again this weekend. Great decision making by that staff to turn this into a potentially multi-week problem.

If he ends up out for extended time because he won't stop playing on the bad hammy, it'll be the end of Rex when the season ends the way most of us expect it to end. This is when having an overly involved owner or gm would come in handy...there needs to be a responsible adult somewhere to say 'he doesn't play until I say he plays'.

It's so clear that shady isn't the right type of back to be playing with this type of issue. He needs his stop and go and change of direction super powers or he's just not shady.

They're losing next week no matter what so he should sit there at minimum.

Same thing next week and he will be out for the year, book it. Bad coaches make bad decisions and keep making them. That's what makes them bad. Rex will play shady next week.

Luckily I just played shady...and it didn't matter...cuz i have aj, evans, Montgomery and the eagles d

But this situation is going to get messed up...shady is all I've got at rb

I am officially done playing DFS games that run Thurs - Mon. Between Meredith of Chi town and Gilly, I got smoked!

Is it crazy that im considering offering shady straight up for Ajayi? I just dont trust Rex to manage this injury smartly and think he is out for the count soon.

Funny you all act like if you were in Rex Ryans shoes you wouldn't do the same damn thing. He doesn't have the luxury of sitting what works.

Funny you all act like if you were in Rex Ryans shoes you wouldn't do the same damn thing. He doesn't have the luxury of sitting what works.

He does have that luxury and it didnt work. Play Gill last week and Shady is full health this week. Instead he will be gimpy maybe for a few more weeks if not worse if they push him further.