Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Biggest busts so far?

Josh Gordon

Sterling Shephard

Eli

none of those should be team killers though, which is what I normally think of when talking about "busts"

Neither Gordon or Shephard should have been leaned on to be every week starters coming out of a draft.

I did like Eli coming into the year, but I wouldn't have tied my wagon to him either, so would have also drafted or picked up quickly any one of Carr, Ryan, Stafford too. If you stuck with Eli too long, then that's on the owner, not Eli.

none of those should be team killers though, which is what I normally think of when talking about "busts"

Those are two different concepts. A bust is just a guy who is not performing anywhere near his ADP. A "Team killer" is the bust you can't work through--because his performance is soooooo off, or his draft position was soooo high, that you don't have any better options.

Those are two different concepts. A bust is just a guy who is not performing anywhere near his ADP. A "Team killer" is the bust you can't work through--because his performance is soooooo off, or his draft position was soooo high, that you don't have any better options.

sure, but not one of those guys are the ones I'm going to turn to if I'm listing out the major busts that come to mind, which is how I interpret the point of this thread.

If we were going to just list off all the guys that didn't perform near their ADP, this list would be gigantic.

Gurley.

He's not hurt, he's getting touches, you have to play him and you spent a top 5 pick on him. Team killer.

I've seen/owned too many one hit wonder WR's to have wanted to touch Robinson. Not saying I'm right but I like WR's with a history.

Braylon Edwards, Rob Moore, LLoyd, Garcon, etc.

Gurley has been disappointing, but bad enough for bust status?

Given his draft status, it's Gurley for me. I faced him this week and wasn't even worried about him. And he had another weak game and I won.

sure, but not one of those guys are the ones I'm going to turn to if I'm listing out the major busts that come to mind, which is how I interpret the point of this thread.

If we were going to just list off all the guys that didn't perform near their ADP, this list would be gigantic.

No it wouldn't. The list would be guys like Gurley. Elite ADP and limited to awful return on investment. Owners are stuck with Gurley because he's healthy too. He's just got a terrible ceiling moving forward on that offense. It's doomsday.

Agree that this thread is titled about biggest busts. But people have been discussing other 'not biggest' busts as side notes. Floyd has done damage to my team, but he's clearly not the biggest of the season. Anyway, no real disagreement here :)

OB except for one game that a sat him. To me he is everything about the NFL I do not like, except he is a gifted player. There is something not clicking. It has to be more than just him. Eli? Offensive boss? Jeffreys was my third round choice. I went 3 WRs and thew second round was Allen.

Gurley, Russell Wilson, and Golden Tate were all drafted by me to be in my starting lineup. I was able to pick up Matt Ryan and Michael Thomas was able to pick up the slack for Tate, but Gurley is just killing me.

for me, although i still can't call him a bust, but Odell isn't living up to where I expected him to. Charles is another one that's burning me weekly. Aaron Rodgers also isn't living up to his draft position for me. While I own zero shares of Allen Robinson, I was thinking about trading for him a couple weeks ago and glad it didn't work out. he's a freakin boat anchor right now.

J Charles. I thought he would be healthy. I also thought Ware wouldn't be very good.

Even so, I thought Foster would be good depth and has been hot garbage while Ajayi is establishing himself as the future feature back star of the NFL.

Bortles, therefore, ARob.

This even more than I thought.

Bortles is an absolute train wreck.

I enjoyed bortles 33 points in my superflex league. terrible real QB but still a good fantasy option

ODB-if he'd quit fighting kicking nets he'd do better, and AJ Green-I wish he'd spread his stats out evenly week to week instead of a lot here and NOTHING when he faces someone tough-plays like a little girl at times.