Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bill Gates on Roger Federer

http://time.com/collection/most-influential-people-2018/5217613/roger-federer/

It’s no secret that Roger Federer is the greatest tennis player ever. As David Foster Wallace wrote, he is “one of those rare, preternatural athletes who appear to be exempt, at least in part, from certain physical laws.” He also seems exempt from the laws of aging. At 36, he’s still winning Grand Slams with a combination of grace and grit.
But not as many fans know about what Roger is doing off the court. Twice I’ve had the thrill of being his doubles partner to help raise money for his foundation, and we’ve become friends in the process. I’ve learned how sincerely Roger and his team are working to improve the life prospects for poor children—a mission that stems from his childhood visits to his mother’s home country of South Africa and seeing extreme poverty firsthand.
Roger knows that effective philanthropy, like great tennis, requires discipline and time. It will be a sad day for all of us fans when he hangs up his racket—but we can take comfort in knowing that he’s committed to making the world a more equitable place.
Gates is a co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Federer > woods

I guess if you're into that sorta thing.

Always knew he was a good dude. Especially after seeing how long he's stuck it out with Mirka.

Always knew he was a good dude. Especially after seeing how long he's stuck it out with Mirka.

Oh you mean the mother of his kids? why is that surprising. He's a great dude. Plain and simple..

Do you know she was a professional tennis player and won THREE events? lost in the finals another 10 times

They have 2 sets of twins. That screams in vitro.

Oh you mean the mother of his kids? why is that surprising. He's a great dude. Plain and simple..

Do you know she was a professional tennis player and won THREE events? lost in the finals another 10 times

They have 2 sets of twins. That screams in vitro.

Well yeah. He could have pulled a Tiger (or insert pretty much any pro athlete's name here) and been focking pretty much whoever he wants. Add to it that, IMO, she's not hot...Yeah, he's a good guy. Way better than I would probably be in his situation.

Yes, I follow tennis and was aware this Mirka played professionally. Never paid attention to ranking or tournament wins, but I knew she wasn't a top 10 player.

Well yeah. He could have pulled a Tiger (or insert pretty much any pro athlete's name here) and been focking pretty much whoever he wants. Add to it that, IMO, she's not hot...Yeah, he's a good guy. Way better than I would probably be in his situation.

Yes, I follow tennis and was aware this Mirka played professionally. Never paid attention to ranking or tournament wins, but I knew she wasn't a top 10 player.

I wish I had 1% of what Federer is made of.

I wish I had 1% of what Federer is made of.

I'll take .1% of what Gates has made.

She is really odd looking

She's looked good at times.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/mf36.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all

looks aren't everything, especially when it comes to choosing the mother of your children

For guys like us, yes. For guys like him, he could try out a lot of hot ones before deciding.

I have thought to myself that I could look past having a hot wife for a great personality and being a good person. Buuut, being physically attracted to my wife is a must if Im signing up for the rest of my life though.

For guys like us, yes. For guys like him, he could try out a lot of hot ones before deciding.

I have thought to myself that I could look past having a hot wife for a great personality and being a good person. Buuut, being physically attracted to my wife is a must if Im signing up for the rest of my life though.

Hell, being attracted to your wife was a must and all I was signing up for was the best 3.5 minutes of her life.

Hell, being attracted to your wife was a must and all I was signing up for was the best 3.5 minutes of her life.

:thumbsup:

I've lasted longer than 5 minutes, never sober

I am an animal when focked up

:thumbsup:

I've lasted longer than 5 minutes

Why?