Sign in to follow this  
25% of millennials say they have PTSD from the 2016 election, study says...

There are no such things as generations, someone at 35 now has much in common with someone at 35 from the 90's and will have much in common with someone that is 35 in 2030.

Generations are used by advertising groups and writers to generalize an age group, but that does not mean that they are correct.

Can you just agree that Baby Boomers suck? It's the only thing everyone here is on board with.

How the fock did I all of a sudden become a boomer? I never ever was..and now I am? WTF..I can't keep track of what group I am supposed to compare myself against

How old is that graphic?

How about we blame the greatest generation, who raised the baby boomers, who raised gen-xers, who raised millennials? If they weren't so pre-occupied spreading neo-colonialism in Europe and Asia, maybe the boomers they raised wouldn't have been such a disaster.

Did I do that right? :P

How about we blame the greatest generation, who raised the baby boomers, who raised gen-xers, who raised millennials? If they weren't so pre-occupied spreading neo-colonialism in Europe and Asia, maybe the boomers they raised wouldn't have been such a disaster.

We have to then also blame the founding fathers somehow, the grievance chain should be able to take us back to prehistoric times I think

How old is that graphic?

That graphic is definitely different than what I had always been told. Baby Boomers were the 18 year period after WWII, so it was 1946-1964. I remembered because my mother was at one end of the generation and my brother was at the other end.

It is backed by this research. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

I think that the latest generation should be called either Generation Selfie or Generation X-Box.

That graphic is definitely different than what I had always been told. Baby Boomers were the 18 year period after WWII, so it was 1946-1964. I remembered because my mother was at one end of the generation and my brother was at the other end.

It is backed by this research. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

I think that the latest generation should be called either Generation Selfie or Generation X-Box.

The Pronoun Generation?

Oh Jesus you are obnoxious. I almost always cite studies from peer reviewed scientific journals. Not retarded pictographs with no methodology, etc. to actually scrutinize the data.

No. You come across as clueless most of the time,

No. You come across as clueless most of the time,

What is wrong with you?

I am Gen X (42 in November) and *I* have friends that claim PTSD from the election. One of my best friends didn't get out of bed for a WEEK. A WEEK. All because Trump won. I am not exaggerating. She was and still is 100% convinced that her health care is going away (she and her husband were both self employed at the time of the election), that we were going to be nuked by Korea, and that women would be forced to go back to the Dark Ages.

I am still waiting for a lot of this to happen and it's been nearly two years.

She still claims to have PTSD.

I find that the more we toss these terms around and let basically anyone claim they have it, it really downplays it for people who DO have it. Another friend of mine has some PTSD froma serious car accident she and her husband were in. It's 10000 times different than what my friend claims the election 'did to her.'

• Like 1

I am Gen X (42 in November) and *I* have friends that claim PTSD from the election. One of my best friends didn't get out of bed for a WEEK. A WEEK. All because Trump won. I am not exaggerating. She was and still is 100% convinced that her health care is going away (she and her husband were both self employed at the time of the election), that we were going to be nuked by Korea, and that women would be forced to go back to the Dark Ages.

I find that the more we toss these terms around and let basically anyone claim they have it, it really downplays it for people who DO have it. Another friend of mine has some PTSD froma serious car accident she and her husband were in. It's 10000 times different than what my friend claims the election 'did to her.'

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

No problem, Mr Hand.

I have a 60 year old woman working for me who had the same issue. She claims PTSD for all sorts of things and she went off the deep end after the election. I was like :o :unsure: :thumbsdown:

I have a 60 year old woman working for me who had the same issue. She claims PTSD for all sorts of things and she went off the deep end after the election. I was like :o :unsure: :thumbsdown:

You forgot :lol:

No. Marriages and childbearing years are delayed into the 30s now. So a generation gets skipped. I was born in 1971, the chronological epiccenter of Gen X and have no millennial kids and two of my three are late, back end Gen Zers, the youngest, whatever follows that.