Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Me too

Yet another social media "thing" that will be 100% ineffective at changing a damn thing. And it's so frustrating in its utter laziness

But maybe it will make the ladies feel better?

Oh and if you're a guy..

Well everyone on this bored is....dont you DARE try to claim you were ever sexually harassed too. Not allowed.

Let's let the ladies get this off their chests so we can go back to looking at their low cut shirts and yoga pants!!

• Like 1

I think it's funny how they combine sexual harassment and sexual assault.

One is a come-on you weren't really looking for.

The other is basically some form of rape up to and including actual rape.

Huuuuge difference there, ladies.

But I know the goal. Soon an extra long look at a woman's butt will be the same thing as assault. Then they'll wonder why men never pay attention to them anymore :cry:

• Like 1

Yeah I saw something about this. I am not surprised. All the b****** want to be part of something. They all want to be part of a group. They all want to get attention. They all want to be victims. Hey did I mention they all want attention?

This development should surprise absolutely no one.

But I know the goal. Soon an extra long look at a woman's butt will be the same thing as assault. Then they'll wonder why men never pay attention to them anymore :cry:

I would get castrated by most women for saying this but ladies you seriously need to toughen up.

An extra long look, even a leer...isnt gonna cause you harm.

A guy calling you "baby" or catcalling you isn't a life changing event.

If you want to take sexual assault and harassment seriously, then quit crying every time a guy pays attention.

If women honestly believe a social media fad campaign is seriously going to change thousands of years of male behavior they're bonkers.

Toughen up. If a guy touches your ass, which isn't sexual assault but isn't good either, turn around and slap him. No need for therapy

Woman I used to work with. Fugly. Like can't look at her face too long fugly, posted a me too.

And I'm thinking who?????? She must have been a kid cause as an adult no one would go near her

Agreed. This only desensitizes us to real rape and harassment.

This.

Im going to wear high heels, a skirt, push up bra, make up and perfume. But if you stare at me or make a pass I will be so upset.

After three decades in the workplace, there's one thing I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty. I'm not saying all stupid chicks immediately dip in the harassment bucket. But the more stupid you are, the more likely you are to scream sexual harassment. The smarter more confident women? They don't tolerate that s*** and they sure as hell don't want to play the victim card.

A million years ago, I had an employee screaming sexual harassment because I kept busting her f****** up. I mean really bad. Like here's a drawer full of unopened mail that should have been addressed kind of bad. She screamed sexual harassment so we moved her to reporting it to my female boss directly. That lasted exactly six hours and she was fired.

They never would tell me what the basis for her charges were. So finally I really demanded it and all they could do is sort of mutter ,well you said that was a nice color on her one time and...

I mean, accusations like that are black mark on my career too. But these days, especially if you're a broad or a brown, the accusations worth a lot more than the fact.

Agreed. This only desensitizes us to real rape and harassment.

Yep. I've said that here before. It's actually a pretty horrible thing to do two women who have been legitimately violently raped.

After three decades in the workplace, there's one thing I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty. I'm not saying all stupid chicks immediately dip in the harassment bucket. But the more stupid you are, the more likely you are to scream sexual harassment. The smarter more confident women? They don't tolerate that s*** and they sure as hell don't want to play the victim card.

Good point and I agree. Seen the same thing.

Think mary barra was harassed? Bet she was. Did she cry like a victim?

No she became CEO (b1tch) and now can step on any man she pleases.

Abuse as a child is one thing and horrible and inexcusable, but you better have something solid otherwise

Yep. I've said that here before. It's actually a pretty horrible thing to do two women who have been legitimately violently raped.

Hey, a threesome is a threesome. :ninja:

Im going to wear high heels, a skirt, push up bra, make up and perfume. But if you stare at me or make a pass I will be so upset.

If I stare at you dressed up like that, Ill be upset at myself

If you add a sweater vest, I may just rape you on the spot. :ninja:

Hey, I really like those choker things. Those are hot AF.

Throw one of those things on and I'll make your toes curl.

Dont threaten me with a good time.

Some of Hollywood's uglier stars coming forward with how they protected themselves from being harassed.

Mayim Bialik being accused of victim blaming by saying she avoided it by dressing modestly. Uh............you avoided it by being ugly or as others put it 'non-traditional Hollywood looking'.

I was once fired for failing to disclose a personal relationship with one of my direct reports. I ended up marrying and subsequently divorcing her.

I met my current wife at work. We were peers at the time and told the bosses immediately so we wouldn't get fired.

I'd banged 3 other women from work before that.

I also had a gay guy put his hand on mine and tell me he loved me when I was in my office once.

No matter what, people who work together will continue to flirt, play grab ass, hook up and make advances at each other. It's human nature and no amount of condemnation or legislation will change it.

What HW allegedly did is much different than your average attempt at office romance.

Some of Hollywood's uglier stars coming forward with how they protected themselves from being harassed.

Mayim Bialik being accused of victim blaming by saying she avoided it by dressing modestly. Uh............you avoided it by being ugly or as others put it 'non-traditional Hollywood looking'.

She basically says this. Cause she isnt a "10" she was passed. Which is true.

Of COURSE some have come out and said sexual harassment is about power and not looks...And that's just false.

Abuse of a child? Thats not about looks, that's about mental illness. But no one is gonna harass ugly girls. Doesn;t happen. It's 100% about looks.

Now..every actress in hollywood is coming out with their harassment story---and not naming the person responsible.

Reese Witherspoon..."a director" assaulted her. Know what Reese? Either tell us who it is or shutup. You're not helping AT ALL by not naming him, or---wait for it---youre a g@ddamn liar. Which is it?

• Like 1

I was once fired for failing to disclose a personal relationship with one of my direct reports. I ended up marrying and subsequently divorcing her.

I met my current wife at work. We were peers at the time and told the bosses immediately so we wouldn't get fired.

I'd banged 3 other women from work before that.

I also had a gay guy put his hand on mine and tell me he loved me when I was in my office once.

No matter what, people who work together will continue to flirt, play grab ass, hook up and make advances at each other. It's human nature and no amount of condemnation or legislation will change it.

What HW allegedly did is much different than your average attempt at office romance.

Yes but they will ban it all.

As it is now, any pass at a woman you work with could be sexual harassment and/or hostile work environment.

Doesn't matter if it was a mutual flirtation at one point. If things go south or if she was setting you up all along, you're focked.

Yes but they will ban it all.

As it is now, any pass at a woman you work with could be sexual harassment and/or hostile work environment.

Doesn't matter if it was a mutual flirtation at one point. If things go south or if she was setting you up all along, you're focked.

Right. But it's been that way for many companies since the Thomas/Hill thing.

She basically says this. Cause she isnt a "10" she was passed. Which is true.

Of COURSE some have come out and said sexual harassment is about power and not looks...And that's just false.

Abuse of a child? Thats not about looks, that's about mental illness. But no one is gonna harass ugly girls. Doesn;t happen. It's 100% about looks.

Now..every actress in hollywood is coming out with their harassment story---and not naming the person responsible.

Reese Witherspoon..."a director" assaulted her. Know what Reese? Either tell us who it is or shutup. You're not helping AT ALL by not naming him, or---wait for it---youre a g@ddamn liar. Which is it?

Good post.

That idiot Mayim just wants to be included in the conversation by giving a reason why she doesn't have a horror story to tell. Maybe she's STILL jealous of the good looking girls/women that beat her out of roles. She's not only ugly but built like a frigging sausage.

She needs to STFU and let others tell their tales which will hopefully lead to people naming names as you stated.

Why aren't all the actresses who are coming forward with "me too" naming names??

You'd think if they really wanted to make an impact, they'd name the actual sh!theel who harassed them.

Right. But it's been that way for many companies since the Thomas/Hill thing.

True. Just seems like it's been ramped up lately where now it isn't just harassment, it's like any single individual instance of unwanted attention is tantamount to sexual assault

Why aren't all the actresses who are coming forward with "me too" naming names??

You'd think if they really wanted to make an impact, they'd name the actual sh!theel who harassed them.

I think they are just lying for attention. Or calling something harassment that probably isnt.

Hey, I really like those choker things. Those are hot AF.

Throw one of those things on and I'll make your toes curl.

from your breath

I think they are just lying for attention. Or calling something harassment that probably isnt.

Yeah. I saw you posted almost the same thing I did above.

This is very murky water. I do not believe anyone would want to dismiss harassment or assault. Harassment can be very subjective and can boil down to interpretation. People should have a safe work environment, but there needs to be room for misinterpretation. organizations want to cover their butts and do not want to appear that they are appeasing offenders. These accusations can be very damning for a long period of time.

Plus, throw in the factors mentioned above where women go to great lengths to enhance their attractiveness and then attain the attention that they seek.

This is very murky water. I do not believe anyone would want to dismiss harassment or assault. Harassment can be very subjective and can boil down to interpretation. People should have a safe work environment, but there needs to be room for misinterpretation. organizations want to cover their butts and do not want to appear that they are appeasing offenders. These accusations can be very damning for a long period of time.

Plus, throw in the factors mentioned above where women go to great lengths to enhance their attractiveness and then attain the attention that they seek.

Friend of mine shared a FB post...Of course FB is a place for lunatics and this is one woman's opinion..However she was railing about how men need to stop calling women demeaning names like baby, sweetie, etc. BUT...One thing she included in this list is "young lady" so now ever THAT is not allowed.

This is the kind of crap that will make men, the people that run this focking country, stop taking your claims seriously. You are ruining this protest.

Friend of mine shared a FB post...Of course FB is a place for lunatics and this is one woman's opinion..However she was railing about how men need to stop calling women demeaning names like baby, sweetie, etc. BUT...One thing she included in this list is "young lady" so now ever THAT is not allowed.

This is the kind of crap that will make men, the people that run this focking country, stop taking your claims seriously. You are ruining this protest.

is that the "lady" angle, or the "young" angle?

and many of these terms can go either way. hon, sweetie, etc does not necessarily have a sexual connotation. it can, but not necessarily.

Some of these ladies could post "not me" if they concealed carried.

is that the "lady" angle, or the "young" angle?

and many of these terms can go either way. hon, sweetie, etc does not necessarily have a sexual connotation. it can, but not necessarily.

Even if it did...REALLY? Grow some skin ladies. This is absurd.

Yeah, try going 3 hours in the South without being called sweetie, honey, darlin, etc.

BTW, just as they conflated rape and harassment, the FB thing above is an example of conflating "shiit that annoys me" with TRUE 'sexual harrassment".

And the reason why sexual harrassment will never end is simple: It's entirely subjective. Not just by the 'victim' but by the 'perpetrator' of that 'victim'.

- OOOOh I hate it when Todd from AP looks at me! You just know what HE's thinking!

" - Why doesn't Alan from HR ever look at me? I wore my sexiest outfit - and NOTHING!

I mean, try to codify that. And yet, just like the Brown ones, they throw out "Well, IF I FEEL....."

Oh fock you and your feelings. Give me a GD rule book or STFUP.

I've already heard Samantha Bee (quiet) throwing snark at guys who refuse to meet one on one with women - because it can hurt women's careers.

Well WTF would you have us do? I'm not playing focking russian hormone roullette here. Insult a broad's contribution at the monthly pot luck and the next thing you know, you're holding a box walking out of HR.

• Like 2

Even if it did...REALLY? Grow some skin ladies. This is absurd.

"hey baby, can you bring me those invoices?"

vs.

"hey hon, can you bring me those invoices?"

very different vibe imo. i would not want my wife or daughter exposed to the first. first seems lecherous. second seems more endearing.