Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

2008 Rookie Scouting Portfolio

Wildman,

Matt I assume you had the opportunity to evaluate A. Bradshaw in his first NFL season.

3 questions

1. In your assessment how did he perform against NFL level talent and did he meet/exceed/or surpass your expectations. He met my expectations. In limited time he looked like the back I evaluated at Marshall--excellent quickness, good lateral movement, excellent vision, and runs hard. When he got on the field, he looked like he belonged as a play maker. It's why I rated him that high.

2. I landed Rice with the 1.10 (16 team league) rookie pick, after trading my 1.01 for Frank Gore and giving the 1.12 and 2.07 for the 1.10. How do these two guys Rice and Bradshaw stack up? I think they're close to each other in talent. Rice is a better finisher than Bradshaw but not as quick. I'd be very happy with both if I were an NFL GM. I'd probably rather have Rice because his character history is better, he's a better after contact runner (splitting hairs), proven he has stamina, and he's a warrior. I think health permitting, we'll discover that in the future. This is splitting hairs though. Bradshaw has a more immediate chance to see at least 15 touches per game because he's proven it on the field.

3. With out publishing your RSP here on the forum, where would you have had Bradshaw this year? He would have been in my top five to six backs, tied with another small(ish) school runner who faired well at the Senior Bowl :pointstosky:

Thanks Matt.

I should note to RSP users that the value of the guide does not end when your fantasy drafts are over. Lots of fantasy rosters get trimmed before the start of the season. I still reference the 2007 guide to help me evaluate Dynasty free agents and match with training camp news, injuries and opportunity's. I keep a folder on my desktop with both the 2007 and 2008 guides at the ready. I am always hoping for an impatient owner to drop a player. During the season I was able to acquire a few giblets favorably profiled in Matt's guide. Owners seem to drop a second year WR real fast and tend to keep the brand new rookie they just drafted.

Thanks Matt.

I should note to RSP users that the value of the guide does not end when your fantasy drafts are over. Lots of fantasy rosters get trimmed before the start of the season. I still reference the 2007 guide to help me evaluate Dynasty free agents and match with training camp news, injuries and opportunity's. I keep a folder on my desktop with both the 2007 and 2008 guides at the ready. I am always hoping for an impatient owner to drop a player. During the season I was able to acquire a few giblets favorably profiled in Matt's guide. Owners seem to drop a second WR real fast and tend to keep the brand new rookie they just drafted.

I'm a first time buyer, and it suprised me how detailed Matt's evaluations of each player are. Matt puts a ton of work into the RSP. I'm also about to draft a 2nd year player that was dropped to free up space for rookie picks.

Hey Matt, if this is your roster:

12 Team Dynasty (QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D)

QB- Brady, Young

RB1- AD, Maroney, Morris, KSmith, Perry

RB2- Grant, BJackson, Ward, Bradshaw

WR1- Randy, RegBrown

WR2- Roy, Bennett

WR3- 85, DJack

TE- Cooley

And you pick 1.10 in the dynasty rook draft, how do you rank these players for this team provided they are there?

Chris Johnson

Limas Sweed

James Hardy

Jamal Charles

Devin Thomas

Matt Ryan

I obviously want the BPA in a dynasty, but do I reach for a guy like Johnson or Charles due to my WR depth?

I'd take the top WR in my publication. Randy has 3-4 more years and 85 might end up on a crappier team if he keeps acting crazy. By the time these guys begin to see the downside of their career, you'll have a player who will develop. I think your RB depth is okay and unless you're just in love with Charles or Johnson's upside then I'd go with the WR.

Hey Matt, if this is your roster:

12 Team Dynasty (QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D)

QB- Brady, Young

RB1- AD, Maroney, Morris, KSmith, Perry

RB2- Grant, BJackson, Ward, Bradshaw

WR1- Randy, RegBrown

WR2- Roy, Bennett

WR3- 85, DJack

TE- Cooley

And you pick 1.10 in the dynasty rook draft, how do you rank these players for this team provided they are there?

Chris Johnson

Limas Sweed

James Hardy

Jamal Charles

Devin Thomas

Matt Ryan

I obviously want the BPA in a dynasty, but do I reach for a guy like Johnson or Charles due to my WR depth?

Matt, got a question; I don't really need a TE, but the #1 TE in your publication might still be available with my next pick in the 5th round. I Think that's way too much value to pass up. Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

Matt, got a question; I don't really need a TE, but the #1 TE in your publication might still be available with my next pick in the 5th round. I Think that's way too much value to pass up. Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

Good question, I'm wondering, too. He does have character concerns. He was charged with assault at school and apparently he and the former coach at his school did not get along. In fact I hear the coach really went after him in the media. The reaction to his has been mixed: some say the coach was really out of line and vengeful, others are downgraded the TE as a result.

I think a 5th round pick is good value if you feel good at other positions. I actually traded a 2009 pick for two more picks in this draft, because I thought I'd take a flier on him if he's still around with picks 5-7 (there are some RBs and WRs I'm hoping are available, too).

Athletically, he's great. It's the work ethic and character that has people concerned. They are worried he'll be like Jerramy Stevens. Plus he's going to be behind a 2007 1st round pick.

Good question, I'm wondering, too. He does have character concerns. He was charged with assault at school and apparently he and the former coach at his school did not get along. In fact I hear the coach really went after him in the media. The reaction to his has been mixed: some say the coach was really out of line and vengeful, others are downgraded the TE as a result.

I think a 5th round pick is good value if you feel good at other positions. I actually traded a 2009 pick for two more picks in this draft, because I thought I'd take a flier on him if he's still around with picks 5-7 (there are some RBs and WRs I'm hoping are available, too).

Athletically, he's great. It's the work ethic and character that has people concerned. They are worried he'll be like Jerramy Stevens. Plus he's going to be behind a 2007 1st round pick.

Thanks. lol.... I do feel good about my roster. As I told you already, I traded my 2.10 + my 09 1st & 2nd round picks to move up and get Thomas, and then traded my 3.8 & 3.10 picks to another owner for what should be early to middle 2009 2nd and 4th round picks. I then traded my 4.10 for the 5.4 & 6.2 picks. Thomas has been my only pick in this draft, so I guess you could say that I feel comfortable about my roster. I like the talent that's left. There are about 6 or 7 guys left that I'd feel comfortable drafting and half the league will be done within the next 5 or 6 picks. I will take what you said into consideration, but at this point, it's probably foolish to pass him up. I can let him sit behind Winslow and Scheffler and hope he develops. Good luck with your draft.

Thanks. lol.... I do feel good about my roster. As I told you already, I traded my 2.10 + my 09 1st & 2nd round picks to move up and get Thomas, and then traded my 3.8 & 3.10 picks to another owner for what should be early to middle 2009 2nd and 4th round picks. I then traded my 4.10 for the 5.4 & 6.2 picks. Thomas has been my only pick in this draft, so I guess you could say that I feel comfortable about my roster. I like the talent that's left. There are about 6 or 7 guys left that I'd feel comfortable drafting and half the league will be done within the next 5 or 6 picks. I will take what you said into consideration, but at this point, it's probably foolish to pass him up. I can let him sit behind Winslow and Scheffler and hope he develops. Good luck with your draft.

I actually have two of my three top prospects sitting at 5.14 available. One of them is Fred Davis. I guess situation is a killer.

I actually have two of my three top prospects sitting at 5.14 available. One of them is Fred Davis. I guess situation is a killer.

I hear you. I just drafted Fred Davis with the 5.4. :music_guitarred: What positions are you looking at with the 5.14?

LOL--Fred Davis and the other guy! :music_guitarred:

Oops...Fred finally just went.

I'm really looking at best player available. Here's my roster. My defense is strong. My offense is average.

Edwards, Trent BUF QB

Garrard, David JAC QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

Gray, Quinn HOU QB

Leftwich, Byron FA QB

Davenport, Najeh PIT RB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

Omon, Xavier BUF RB ®

Peterson, Adrian CHI RB

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Williams, Ricky MIA RB

Young, Selvin DEN RB

Berrian, Bernard MIN WR

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hill, Jason SFO WR

Hubbard, Paul CLE WR ®

Jones, Matt JAC WR

Northcutt, Dennis JAC WR

Porter, Jerry JAC WR

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE ®

McMichael, Randy STL TE

Brown, Kris HOU PK

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

Coleman, Rod FA DT

Dockett, Darnell ARI DT

Johnson, Travis HOU DT

Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer GBP DE

Vanden Bosch, Kyle TEN DE

Boley, Michael ATL LB

Crowder, Channing MIA LB

Dansby, Karlos ARI LB

Johnson, Derrick KCC LB

Peterson, Julian SEA LB

Vrabel, Mike NEP LB

Willis, Patrick SFO LB

Harper, Nick TEN CB

Harris, Walt SFO CB

Taylor, Ike PIT CB

Trufant, Marcus SEA CB

Bigby, Atari GBP S

Jones, Sean CLE S

Knight, Sammy NYG S

44 Total Players

Taxi Squad

Moore, Matt CAR QB

Smith, Troy BAL QB

Smith, Kolby KCC RB

Walker, Mike JAC WR

I'm really looking at best player available. Here's my roster. My defense is strong. My offense is average.

Edwards, Trent BUF QB

Garrard, David JAC QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

Gray, Quinn HOU QB

Leftwich, Byron FA QB

Davenport, Najeh PIT RB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

Omon, Xavier BUF RB ®

Peterson, Adrian CHI RB

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Williams, Ricky MIA RB

Young, Selvin DEN RB

Berrian, Bernard MIN WR

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hill, Jason SFO WR

Hubbard, Paul CLE WR ®

Jones, Matt JAC WR

Northcutt, Dennis JAC WR

Porter, Jerry JAC WR

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE ®

McMichael, Randy STL TE

Brown, Kris HOU PK

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

Coleman, Rod FA DT

Dockett, Darnell ARI DT

Johnson, Travis HOU DT

Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer GBP DE

Vanden Bosch, Kyle TEN DE

Boley, Michael ATL LB

Crowder, Channing MIA LB

Dansby, Karlos ARI LB

Johnson, Derrick KCC LB

Peterson, Julian SEA LB

Vrabel, Mike NEP LB

Willis, Patrick SFO LB

Harper, Nick TEN CB

Harris, Walt SFO CB

Taylor, Ike PIT CB

Trufant, Marcus SEA CB

Bigby, Atari GBP S

Jones, Sean CLE S

Knight, Sammy NYG S

44 Total Players

Taxi Squad

Moore, Matt CAR QB

Smith, Troy BAL QB

Smith, Kolby KCC RB

Walker, Mike JAC WR

Do you think KGB can be fantasy relevant this next year in a 14 man league?

Do you think KGB can be fantasy relevant this next year in a 14 man league?

Not sure...he was 33rd last year with four quality games from the early to mid-season. That's about all I know at this point. I haven't evaluated him yet for my roster in '09. I tend to watch the waiver wire closely for defensive players and add them as I see how they are performing. KGB was a waiver wire player.

Not sure...he was 33rd last year with four quality games from the early to mid-season. That's about all I know at this point. I haven't evaluated him yet for my roster in '09. I tend to watch the waiver wire closely for defensive players and add them as I see how they are performing. KGB was a waiver wire player.

Yeah he was a WW for me too, i have to cut either him, leanord little, or derrick burgess, and i cant figure out which one. Although i am leaning towards KGB at this point, i just saw him on your roster and thought i would ask your opinion of him.

I ended up with the following after all the trades:

1.10 - Devin Thomas

5.4 - Fred Davis

5.10 - Jason Wright (I have Jamal and figured he was worth handcuffing in that offense)

6.2 - Jason Hill

6.10 - Best starting QB available

My roster is pretty set and I'm not depending on any of these guys to start, so I feel pretty good about the draft, especially since I was able to get back into the 2nd round for 09, and also pick up an extra 4th round pick for 09.

I ended up with the following after all the trades:

1.10 - Devin Thomas

5.4 - Fred Davis

5.10 - Jason Wright (I have Jamal and figured he was worth handcuffing in that offense)

6.2 - Jason Hill

6.10 - Best starting QB available

My roster is pretty set and I'm not depending on any of these guys to start, so I feel pretty good about the draft, especially since I was able to get back into the 2nd round for 09, and also pick up an extra 4th round pick for 09.

I like that draft. Getting Hill in 6.2 could be nice, considering this time last year I would have been happy with him in round 2.

I like that draft. Getting Hill in 6.2 could be nice, considering this time last year I would have been happy with him in round 2.

Thanks for the tip. I looked into it and liked the situation Hill is in. San Fran doesn't really have any stud WR's and you know Martz will be using 3 and 4 WR sets about 80% of the time. I like the fact that Bruce is there as well. He'll be an extra coach to the WR's at San Fran.

Just a quick note that I will be publishing the first RSP Newsletter sometime in mid-late June. A short preview of what I'll have in there:

-My take on mini-camp news and notes for rookies, 2nd, and 3rd-year players.

-Analysis of past rookies from prominent NFL/media analysts who got it right or wrong.

-Discussion on certain techniques I watch on film

-Reader Q&A's on specific players

Just a quick note that I will be publishing the first RSP Newsletter sometime in mid-late June. A short preview of what I'll have in there:

-My take on mini-camp news and notes for rookies, 2nd, and 3rd-year players.

-Analysis of past rookies from prominent NFL/media analysts who got it right or wrong.

-Discussion on certain techniques I watch on film

-Reader Q&A's on specific players

Looking forward to it. I have one last dynasty draft with the 1.04 and have yet to decide on either Smith or Forte. I would take Rice but I may be able to snag him in the 2nd round, or trade up to get him in the late first.

Matt

Read that Gradkowski was waived today. The blurb mentioned accuracy as an issue.

Any thoughts of what happened? His accuracy was supposed to be a strong point and arm strength average.

Matt

Read that Gradkowski was waived today. The blurb mentioned accuracy as an issue.

Any thoughts of what happened? His accuracy was supposed to be a strong point and arm strength average.

The blurb said "downfield accuracy," and if you notice the St. Petersburg times didn't say it, Rotoworld's blurb did when referencing the article.

He was good in the short game, but in his rookie year there were 4-5 key throws he missed (under threw) with a wide open receiver that could have gone for scores and instead killed drives. I think what happened is Tampa Bay has a ton of QBs and only one of them will be a personal project.

Garcia--current starter and coach on the field.

Griese--journeyman backup who can keep the team afloat if Garcia gets hurt

Simms--Will not likely be with the team unless one of the first two gets hurt. He wants out.

McCown--Could stick, but will have to outshine Griese.

Johnson--The guy who looked good enough that Gradkowski was expendable. I think he's the future.

We'll see if he lands in another team's camp. I'm sure he will, but the fact he got exposed in TB's WC offense as a guy teams could dare to throw deep and he'll lose out, it's not an optimistic situation for him.

Matt, any thoughts on Laurent Robinson this year? Sorry, I know he's not a rookie, but he's still available in a free agent/rookie draft in one league. He was productive as a rookie. lol... Jason Hill is also available. From where I'm drafting, and the # of picks I have, I can get at least 2 of the following 4 WR's, Devin Thomas, James Hardy, Laurent Robinson, and possibly Jason Hill, although I might pass on Hill until later in the draft, as no one is really going after him in early.

Matt, any thoughts on Laurent Robinson this year? Sorry, I know he's not a rookie, but he's still available in a free agent/rookie draft in one league. He was productive as a rookie. lol... Jason Hill is also available. From where I'm drafting, and the # of picks I have, I can get at least 2 of the following 4 WR's, Devin Thomas, James Hardy, Laurent Robinson, and possibly Jason Hill, although I might pass on Hill until later in the draft, as no one is really going after him in early.

I haven't seen enough of him to make a really good comment. I do know this: Michael Jenkins may not be the guy the Falcons envisioned, but he should make it difficult for Robinson to take the job outright. I also like Harry Douglas a lot, so after Roddy White the Falcons receiver situation seems muddled to me. I know Robinson is listed as the starter opposite White, but it's a crap shoot right now. If Ryan starts, he might have greater rapport with one player over another. Same with Redman or Harrington.

I haven't seen enough of him to make a really good comment. I do know this: Michael Jenkins may not be the guy the Falcons envisioned, but he should make it difficult for Robinson to take the job outright. I also like Harry Douglas a lot, so after Roddy White the Falcons receiver situation seems muddled to me. I know Robinson is listed as the starter opposite White, but it's a crap shoot right now. If Ryan starts, he might have greater rapport with one player over another. Same with Redman or Harrington.

I'd be happy with Thomas and Hardy then pick up Hill later in the draft since he's a forgotten man.

BTW--the Rams picked up Gradkowski and will honor the rest of his contract with the Bucs. With two injury prone QBs ahead of him, they probably want a guy with starts under his belt. Something Brock Berlin lacks.

Jason Hill reminded me a lot of Isaac Bruce when I evaluated him. He was one of my top WRs last year. The fact that Martz is in SF and Bruce was brought in as both a serviceable starter/mentor, tells me they probably thought the same about Hill.

You look like you have a lot of flexibility with your team due to hour RB situation. You can make a trade or two or have depth. Nice build....

Kinda took your advice.

Just traded Thomas Jones for Limas Sweed and what will probably be a mid 1st round pick in 09. Whacky deals. Traded my 08 2nd round, 09 1st & 2nd round picks to move up and get Devin Thomas. Then traded my 3.8 & 3.10 for a 2nd and 4th in 09. Then traded my 09 3rd round for Derrick Mason. Then made the Jones Trade. I lost Thomas Jones and my 2.10, 3.8 & 3.10 picks this year, but managed to get Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, and Derrick Mason, and ended with an earlier 09 1st and 2nd round pick, plus an extra 09 4th round pick.

Start 1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - TE - K - DEF

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB

Pennington, Chad NYJ QB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB

Taylor, Fred JAC RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Wright, Jason CLE RB

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Hill, Jason SFO WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR

Sweed, Limas PIT WR ®

Thomas, Devin WAS WR ®

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 4

Davis, Fred WAS TE ®

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE

Dawson, Phil CLE PK

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Matt what will ya say after McFadden goes for < 1000 yards ru , < 10 TD's , Greater , < 50 rec , and < than 500 yds rec??? just curious?? :music_guitarred:

If he goes for greater than those numbers? That I was obviously wrong and jaw-dropping speed and acceleration need to factor more into my mix of evaluation or I'll watch to see what improved in his game compared to what I saw on film and comment on it.

If he goes for less than those numbers? I won't need to say much. I've done enough talking about it. Especially with a web cast coming out where I listed him as my main bust for 2008.

Note: I figure you meant greater than, but wasn't sure when I saw the less than symbols...that's why I mentioned both possibilities.

Kinda took your advice.

Just traded Thomas Jones for Limas Sweed and what will probably be a mid 1st round pick in 09. Whacky deals. Traded my 08 2nd round, 09 1st & 2nd round picks to move up and get Devin Thomas. Then traded my 3.8 & 3.10 for a 2nd and 4th in 09. Then traded my 09 3rd round for Derrick Mason. Then made the Jones Trade. I lost Thomas Jones and my 2.10, 3.8 & 3.10 picks this year, but managed to get Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, and Derrick Mason, and ended with an earlier 09 1st and 2nd round pick, plus an extra 09 4th round pick.

Start 1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - TE - K - DEF

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB I love the value of this pick. Hopefully he isn't turning into McNair later in his career. I don't think so, though it's possible.

Pennington, Chad NYJ QB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB Good

Bush, Reggie NOS RB Better

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB Best

Taylor, Fred JAC RB Solid #2 RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB Astute pick

Wright, Jason CLE RB Keep an eye on Jerome Harrison

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR Solid

Driver, Donald GBP WR Good although Rodgers makes him a bit more shaky prospect

Hill, Jason SFO WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR Very good

Mason, Derrick BAL WR < Coles, but still decent.

Sweed, Limas PIT WR ® He won't be a Colston-like rookie, but look for some strides down the stretch.

Thomas, Devin WAS WR ® The best rookie WR on the board and I think he's showing something early in 'Skins camp

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 4 Just like Housh...nice pick.

Davis, Fred WAS TE ®

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE Decent depth although Scheffler says he's going to be in pain for 2 more years before his injury heals.

Dawson, Phil CLE PK

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Very solid team, IMO. I see you are holding out hope for Reggie as well.

Matt an extremely detailed Gut Check this week. I drafted Hubbard with the 60th overall pick in my main Dynasty League based solely on your writeup in the RSP. My favorite part of that Hubbard video was the elevation at the end when he jumped up to celebrate with his teammate.

Great Job, again!!

Thanks. It's a 12 team PPR league, so Reggie is fine for fantasy purposes in this league. He was a top 5 back in that format last year before he got hurt.

Thanks for the comments as well. I'm a Browns fan, and I don't see Harrison making a play on the 2 back. The coaches don't trust Harrison, and they've as much as said that Wright is the 2nd back again this season. If Lewis were to get hurt, it would be around a 60/40 split, with Wright getting most of the 3rd downs. I have to agree with the coaches on this one. Harrison has more talent, but that kid whiffs on pass protection a lot, and just makes boneheaded plays a lot. Harrison has the talent, but the coaches don't trust him.

Thanks. It's a 12 team PPR league, so Reggie is fine for fantasy purposes in this league. He was a top 5 back in that format last year before he got hurt.

Thanks for the comments as well. I'm a Browns fan, and I don't see Harrison making a play on the 2 back. The coaches don't trust Harrison, and they've as much as said that Wright is the 2nd back again this season. If Lewis were to get hurt, it would be around a 60/40 split, with Wright getting most of the 3rd downs. I have to agree with the coaches on this one. Harrison has more talent, but that kid whiffs on pass protection a lot, and just makes boneheaded plays a lot. Harrison has the talent, but the coaches don't trust him.

Good to know about Harrison. BTW-If they brought back Bernie, I'd be a Browns fan again. He was a terrific QB. He and Byner were like the epitome of the overachiever. I'll be happy for Cleveland fans once they do return to consistent prominence.

Good to know about Harrison. BTW-If they brought back Bernie, I'd be a Browns fan again. He was a terrific QB. He and Byner were like the epitome of the overachiever. I'll be happy for Cleveland fans once they do return to consistent prominence.

I like our chances this year. The schedule is brutal, but I honestly think we have one of the best teams in the AFC. I look for us to trade for a CB, but I'm sure Savage will wait until the cuts are overwith first. I've heard rumors that the Browns might trade a pick to Buffalo for Yobouty. Spencer was Yobouty's coach at OSU, and Ashton is young, so it makes a lot of sense. The two CB's we have, McDonald and Wright are very good CB's. They just had to cover guys for 3 hours last year because our D-line was non-existent.

BTW, Bentley was cleared to practice and was AT practice today. It's a long road, but I hope he can come back.

My Zealots league draft just ended last week. With no 1st round pick I grabbed:

2.09 21. Buffalo Bills Lofton, Curtis ATL LB ® Fri May 30 10:23:22 a.m. ET 2008

3.09 33. Buffalo Bills Omon, Xavier BUF RB ® Mon Jun 2 1:52:06 a.m. ET 2008

4.09 45. Buffalo Bills Johnson, Josh TBB QB ® Tue Jun 3 10:36:15 p.m. ET 2008

5.10 58. Buffalo Bills Jenkins, Mike DAL CB ® Fri Jun 6 5:17:20 p.m. ET 2008

6.09 70. Buffalo Bills Hubbard, Paul CLE WR ® Sat Jun 7 9:24:52 p.m. ET 2008

No coincidence on Omon or Hubbard. Omon probably went a little higher than most people would need to wait to take him. Wanted Earl Bennett but he went earlier than expected, at 3.12. I was hoping he'd hang on until the 4.09 pick.

No coincidence on Omon or Hubbard. Omon probably went a little higher than most people would need to wait to take him. Wanted Earl Bennett but he went earlier than expected, at 3.12. I was hoping he'd hang on until the 4.09 pick.

Hubbard could be a sleeper. Joe J is banged up right now, so Hubbard will see a lot more reps with the 1st team than he would normally. And, it looks like this is Joe's last year anyway. Rumors are also floating that Travis Wilson is a possible throw in on any prospective trade involving a Cornerback, so Hubbard could move up to #3 as early as next season. One thing I noticed about Anderson is that he throws a high ball, which is perfect for the Browns big WR's.

Joe J 6'5" - Braylon 6'3" - Winslow 6'5".

Hubbard, who I believe is 6'3", should fit in well if Anderson continues to be the QB. I think if Anderson plays well again this year, the Browns will look to shop Quinn over the off-season.

Mike, we have to target Josh Johnson in the league we're in. I like all those picks. You also find a good LB and Lofton is an astute pick. Omon that high is surprising, but with Lynch's situation a little cloudy I can see that logic. Jenkins is the best CB in this draft, IMO. Good spot for Hubbard.

Steve Johnson is making some noise in Bills camp. I like him, too. I thought about pick him over Urrutia late in a draft and now I wish I did...he's still an FA for me though.