Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

Reasons why the Rolling Stones are better than the Beatles

At least we all can agree that The Clash and Talking Heads are both better than U2. :thumbsup:

Undoubtedly.

Undoubtedly.

I went to a David Byrne concert in the late 80s or early 90s, very fun but wouldn't put them ahead of U2. Also I appreciate (more than like) the influence the Clash had in the 80s. I guess I'd entertain a discussion for them being better/more influential than U2. :cheers:

never, never understood the love for the Stones, or Aerosmith, I personally think outside a couple of songs from each of them, they generally suck

+1 Stones and Aerosmith have ~half as many good songs as the Beatles, despite much longer careers.

I went to a David Byrne concert in the late 80s or early 90s, very fun but wouldn't put them ahead of U2. Also I appreciate (more than like) the influence the Clash had in the 80s. I guess I'd entertain a discussion for them being better/more influential than U2. :cheers:

At this point we are just naming bands we like a lot. Youre right though cant really make a case for Th being better than U2 but the Clash absolutely was.

At this point we are just naming bands we like a lot. Youre right though cant really make a case for Th being better than U2 but the Clash absolutely was.

I don't know about "better," its kinda like picking ribeye vs. filet, they are diferent and there is no right answer. I absolutely listened to 80s U2 way more than Clash. :cheers:

I don't know about "better," its kinda like picking ribeye vs. filet, they are diferent and there is no right answer. I absolutely listened to 80s U2 way more than Clash. :cheers:

Thats just cause your ears werent fully developed back then. :thumbsup:

Thats just cause your ears werent fully developed back then. :thumbsup:

My wife was way more into to 80s punk scene than I was. I just asked her, better band in the 80s, U2 or The Clash. Her response: "uhhh... U2. Is this a trick question?"

:dunno:

My wife was way more into to 80s punk scene than I was. I just asked her, better band in the 80s, U2 or The Clash. Her response: "uhhh... U2. Is this a trick question?"

:dunno:

Better band is really hard to pick. There are bands I personally love more than the Beatles or Stones while realizing that the Beatles / Stones were better more influential bands. I listen to Black Sabbath way more than either of those two but saying theyre the best band ever is a humongous stretch.

I would say the Clash are pretty comparable to U2 in terms of great albums and enduring influence but its close enough that I wouldnt die on that hill.

+1 Stones and Aerosmith have ~half as many good songs as the Beatles, despite much longer careers.

As much as I love the Beatles I'd still argue that 70's Aerosmith projects prior to Draw The line did not have one bad song,of course it's an argument no one can win.

As much as I love the Beatles I'd still argue that 70's Aerosmith projects prior to Draw The line did not have one bad song,of course it's an argument no one can win.

Draw the Line was one of my favorites by them (Albums). :dunno:

Kings and Queens is one of my favorite Aerosmith songs

• Like 1

Same !!!!

• Like 1

Second thought Nobodys Fault is favorite song.

• Like 1

Hence why I said "one of" my favorite Aerosmith songs.

Also, "Nobodys Fault" was on Rocks ,you donk. :wall:

Also, also Nobodys fault is one of my favorites, too :cheers:

At least we all can agree that The Kinks are better than both the Beatles & the Stones. :thumbsup:

Top 10 for sure....but not sure exactly where to put them, closer to 10 IMO

Also, why would anyone who likes Aerosmith not like the song "Draw the Line" ?

It's like not liking "Sweet Emotion " (sorta)

Better band is really hard to pick. There are bands I personally love more than the Beatles or Stones while realizing that the Beatles / Stones were better more influential bands. I listen to Black Sabbath way more than either of those two but saying theyre the best band ever is a humongous stretch.

I would say the Clash are pretty comparable to U2 in terms of great albums and enduring influence but its close enough that I wouldnt die on that hill.

Agreed, not going to die on that hill either. :cheers:

I don't feel The Clash nearly had the impact on the 80's that they should have. And that's too bad. I think the appreciation for them is greater now than it was then. All the great punk music of the late 70's never really went anywhere. It's influence remained under the radar until Green Day came along. Some will say grunge was an off-shoot, but I don't think so. Too miserable and dark. Punk, while angry, always had a cheeky aspect to it. I think punk stands alone as a genre.

MDC and I will prolly disagree with you on the bolded

Punk in the 80's was fuckin awesome

Thanks,you made my point,no one wins these discussions because everyone is right. :thumbsup: And yes Kings & Queens kicks ass.

Also, why would anyone who likes Aerosmith not like the song "Draw the Line" ?

I never said I didn't like the song,I said of all their 70's projects I thought the overall album was their weakest. Their debut,Get Your Wings ,Rocks etc. are albums I can listen to start to finish but Draw The Line had a couple of songs I thought were meh.

Great choice,don't think I could narrow it down to a favorite but for overall lyrics,music and a gun to my head.....

Blood stains the ivorys

Of my daddy's baby grand

I ain't seen no daylight

Since we started this band