Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

DeDe Westbrook **Activated for week 11**

Coach Doug Marrone said Dede Westbrook is "on track" to return in Week 9 from his IR status.

Westbrook is a guy that I think could make a big splash down the stretch.....even more so than guys like Corey Davis or Mike Williams. He was the best wide receiver in college football last season and was arguably the best rookie receiver in the preseason.

OBJ circa 2014 good? Doubtful.....but not beyond the realm of possibility.

Might as well take a chance if you can. That team is all defense and run game though. Hopefully they can be involved in some shootouts.

I posted about Dede Westbrook in one of the preseason sleeper threads here before he got injured and thought he had the best shot to be this year's version of Tyreek Hill. But, and this is a huge but, it depends on how Jax uses him. If they use him strictly as a WR then he will be a boom/bust option with the chance to break a long TD on any given play while also dissapointing you with a 3 for 30 day on any given week. Now if they throw him on kick and punt returns, throw to him on bubble screens, give him end arounds, etc then he could have major value going forward.

• Like 1

Yeah, I see him as one of those fast electric deep threat guys like a Desean Jackson or Torrey Smith. He'll be capable of 6/120/2 every week, but also 1/21/0. Still, not much out there on the ww for WR's so he'd be worth taking a flier on especially if you have hot garbage on your bench like M Bryant.

We know Jax wants to run with Fournette first. I’m not sure how fast Dede can leapfrog all the other receivers.

I’m not dropping Corey Davis for him.

We know Jax wants to run with Fournette first. I’m not sure how fast Dede can leapfrog all the other receivers.

I’m not dropping Corey Davis for him.

Fornette has an injury and ALL the other wideouts on the team combined don't equal the skill he has so I would guess he sees a pretty nice target share off the bat.

I would indeed keep C Davis.

I have Baldwin & Tate (questionable) as well as Funchess. Is it worth dropping Funchess for Davis or Westbrook?

If it's for this weekend, both teams are on a bye.

If it's for this weekend, both teams are on a bye.

Sorry, I mean't for next week. Would it be worth dropping Funchess for either Davis or Westbrook?

Sorry, I mean't for next week. Would it be worth dropping Funchess for either Davis or Westbrook?

For me, I grab DeDe over Fun.....although Fun has been getting a lot of targets.

However, that is just me. I have a feeling that Westbrook is gonna have an eye-popping second half. I consider him the best WR of last years draft class. One must remember, though, that he is a rookie that has had a long layoff, who doesn't have the greatest QB in the world.

My recommendations are based entirely on his talent and gut feeling.

For me, I grab DeDe over Fun.....although Fun has been getting a lot of targets.

However, that is just me. I have a feeling that Westbrook is gonna have an eye-popping second half. I consider him the best WR of last years draft class. One must remember, though, that he is a rookie that has had a long layoff, who doesn't have the greatest QB in the world.

My recommendations are based entirely on his talent and gut feeling.

Depends a bit on roster need. If you need a WR 3 I'm sticking with Funchess, if I need a WR 1 and full of WR 3/4s I'm grabbing Dede.
  • Like 1

If you have the bench space he is a near must add imo. Week 9 all the way through week 16 he has a great schedule except for wk14 vs SEA. the dude was a stud in college and by far the most talented wr on the team. I doubt ODB rookie year good, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was the thing that put a lot of owners over the top to a championship. Get him now before every "week 9 waiver wire" post mentions him.

If you have the bench space he is a near must add imo. Week 9 all the way through week 16 he has a great schedule except for wk14 vs SEA. the dude was a stud in college and by far the most talented wr on the team. I doubt ODB rookie year good, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was the thing that put a lot of owners over the top to a championship. Get him now before every "week 9 waiver wire" post mentions him.

This sounds a wee bit over the top. He is a rookie missed 8 weeks and you think he is immediately coming in on a run first team and just start to dominate. Maybe he will, but how often has that happened?

Depends a bit on roster need. If you need a WR 3 I'm sticking with Funchess, if I need a WR 1 and full of WR 3/4s I'm grabbing Dede.

Many of us have grabbed either Corey Davis or Josh Doctson hoping one of these guys can be our number one. Are you putting Dede above these two guys already?

Davis has Mariota

Doctson has Cousins

Dede has Bortles

Many of us have grabbed either Corey Davis or Josh Doctson hoping one of these guys can be our number one. Are you putting Dede above these two guys already?

Davis has Mariota

Doctson has Cousins

Dede has Bortles

I actually grabbed all three. Davis I grabbed a week ago, Doctson I bid 12%, DeDe was $1. I guess that says how I view them.
  • Like 1

I actually grabbed all three. Davis I grabbed a week ago, Doctson I bid 12%, DeDe was $1. I guess that says how I view them.

Wow, what a stashed bench you have.

This sounds a wee bit over the top. He is a rookie missed 8 weeks and you think he is immediately coming in on a run first team and just start to dominate. Maybe he will, but how often has that happened?

No, I don't think he will dominate but could certainly be a guy you could get for free right now that could put up good WR3 numbers and give you a few big games too rest of the way. i guess what I should have said was he could be a guy that gives owners with good teams that something extra to put them over the top.

• Like 1

Wow, what a stashed bench you have.

Stacked at RB with Bell, Hunt, and Howard. Struggling at Wr since Beckham went down. It's a keeper league and I've done well with keepers, drafting and then trading them.

I own Diggs and Hogan. Neither are BIG names so in all honesty, I’m looking for a number one type guy. I’m hoping Davis or Doctson can be that. I’m listening though to the people who know more about Dede and have seen him play. Can he be a number one after a few weeks of getting acclimated, even with Bortles?

I own Diggs and Hogan. Neither are BIG names so in all honesty, Im looking for a number one type guy. Im hoping Davis or Doctson can be that. Im listening though to the people who know more about Dede and have seen him play. Can he be a number one after a few weeks of getting acclimated, even with Bortles?

I think Dede is boom or bust kinds receiver in that offense. The other two I see as being able to put up consistent numbers. Diggs and Hogan don't carry the name value if some WR 1s but they are a solid duo to have leading your team's WRs if you have solid rbs to go with them.

Current receivers are

Antonio

Hopkins

Doctson

Corey Davis

Woukd have to either drop McFadden or ASJ

Other backs are

Kamara

Mixon

Tevin Coleman

Mack

Other TE is Henry

. Can he be a number one after a few weeks of getting acclimated, even with Bortles?

Yes, he can. Superb talent.

Will he be? Who knows..

I think I would let him go for C Davis.

But I just read that Tate might even play this weekend.

Current receivers are

Antonio

Hopkins

Doctson

Corey Davis

Woukd have to either drop McFadden or ASJ

Other backs are

Kamara

Mixon

Tevin Coleman

Mack

Other TE is Henry

Drop Coleman

I think Dede is boom or bust kinds receiver in that offense. The other two I see as being able to put up consistent numbers. Diggs and Hogan don't carry the name value if some WR 1s but they are a solid duo to have leading your team's WRs if you have solid rbs to go with them.

I have David Johnson coming off IR in week 12), Zeke Elliot, and Mr. Hunt.

Don't drop Coleman he's flex worthy.

Drop McFadden he isn't worth anything right now.

He doesn't even play.

I'm sitting here looking at M.Bryant and DMAC on my bench, I supose I will know if they are droppable by next week. Would love to grab Westbrook

I would easily drop Bryant for Westbrook.

Havent checked in a bit....do you guys have Dede Westbrook as a HOF level player yet?

My last Madden Career Mode player put up 4,600 yards and 50 TDs in his rookie season.

Dede comes close to that this year. Very close. Book it. :lock:

I just looked up this guy because of this thread. Hes 6 tall and 178 lbs. and only had one productive year in college as a JC transfer. His SPARQ score is in the low 15th percentile.

I have to see production on the field before taking a flyer on this guy.

My last Madden Career Mode player put up 4,600 yards and 50 TDs in his rookie season.

Dede comes close to that this year. Very close. Book it. :lock:

Jesus...ok...im dropping kareem hunt for him. YOLO!!!

Havent checked in a bit....do you guys have Dede Westbrook as a HOF level player yet?

man I'm just looking for 5 7 targets a game. 80 yards and a potential td. As a wr3 I got for free I'm not going overboard

I just cut Ty Hilton to pick him up. I lost faith in Ty, and I do not believe Luck will be back, so bye bye. I know you had two great games but both were at home against the worst teams in the league. You don’t have that any more. See ya.

welcome Dede......

I just cut Ty Hilton to pick him up. I lost faith in Ty, and I do not believe Luck will be back, so bye bye. I know you had two great games but both were at home against the worst teams in the league. You don’t have that any more. See ya.

welcome Dede......

Ballsy!

Ballsy!

I’m a risk taker. That is personality type I got from my father, which transfers into my hobbies. You should see the risks I take on the golf course. Lol

I just looked up this guy because of this thread. Hes 6 tall and 178 lbs. and only had one productive year in college as a JC transfer. His SPARQ score is in the low 15th percentile.

I have to see production on the field before taking a flyer on this guy.

Rudy was only 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing