Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

DeDe Westbrook **Activated for week 11**

Marqise Lee (knee) is not expected to practice Thursday.

It is his second missed practice in a row, which would usually make a player doubtful, but Lee did the exact same thing before playing Week 7. This is more concerning coming out of the bye, and the Jaguars could decide to rest Lee with Dede Westbrook expected back this week. His participation on Friday should tell the story.

i guess he's saying bortles reduces westbrook's value (or renders him useless). not sure i agree

i guess he's saying bortles reduces westbrook's value (or renders him useless). not sure i agree

Yeah, I don't get it. Bortles can't support a WR3? A Bortles WR can't be more valuable than the WRs on my waiver wire (top scorers there: D Thompson, JJ Nelson, B Coleman, P Cooper)?

When I said Bortles, I was referring to the question of, if he's on the same level of Davis, Doctson, etc. In my opinion Mariota and Cousins both are better than Bortles and should be factored into his potential value. That being said, I grabbed Westbrook, so I clearly think there's some potential there, I just see his ceiling being lower and less consistent than the others. No receiver has been relevant with Bortles since Allen Robinson two years ago, so there's clearly a hurdle to over come.

Yeah, I don't get it. Bortles can't support a WR3? A Bortles WR can't be more valuable than the WRs on my waiver wire (top scorers there: D Thompson, JJ Nelson, B Coleman, P Cooper)?

No, a Bortles WR can not be more valuable that a WR3. Between Lee and Hurns, they have a combined 13 games where they scored scored 11.2 points or less in 9 of them where 6 were single digits. You think with a 3rd guy now in the mix that number gets better? It's only going to make it worse.

No, a Bortles WR can not be more valuable that a WR3. Between Lee and Hurns, they have a combined 13 games where they scored scored 11.2 points or less in 9 of them where 6 were single digits. You think with a 3rd guy now in the mix that number gets better? It's only going to make it worse.

Lee is hurt, and Dede may be better than either of them. How many points are you asking for from a WR3?

Are you going to day confidently that Doctson will outscore him? Cause that's the best other option I have this week.

Lee is hurt, and Dede may be better than either of them. How many points are you asking for from a WR3?

Are you going to day confidently that Doctson will outscore him? Cause that's the best other option I have this week.

I'd start Doctson.

I'd start Doctson.

I am so far this week too. But my question is, moving forward, are you saying with confidence that Doctson will outscore Dede? Doctson of the three targets per game. Doctson of the 1/1/1 line last week. Doesn't take much from Dede and Bortles to match that.

I am so far this week too. But my question is, moving forward, are you saying with confidence that Doctson will outscore Dede? Doctson of the three targets per game. Doctson of the 1/1/1 line last week. Doesn't take much from Dede and Bortles to match that.

I'd start Doctson (not trying to be redundant... but)

I'd start Doctson (not trying to be redundant... but)

But not wanting to commit to saying he'll outplay Dede :) That's cool, that's where I'm at too. It's why I have them both and am starting Doc at the mo.

I think washington wants to get Doctson more involved, but he doesn't seem to be on the same page with cousins, so he's relegated to catching jump balls in the endzone.

Like most teams, the Redskins seem to have a route tree predicated on reading the defense and adjusting to the correct route. I noticed a few times this season where it looked like cousins was expecting doctson to break off his route one way or the other and he just keeps running, so it looks like cousins is just throwing the ball to no one.

Until he fixes that, Cousins won't trust him because he's throwing the ball before Doctson is even suppose to break. If Doctson doesn't break or if he gets into a break when he isn't supposed to, that's a pick alot of times.

I think washington wants to get Doctson more involved, but he doesn't seem to be on the same page with cousins, so he's relegated to catching jump balls in the endzone.

Like most teams, the Redskins seem to have a route tree predicated on reading the defense and adjusting to the correct route. I noticed a few times this season where it looked like cousins was expecting doctson to break off his route one way or the other and he just keeps running, so it looks like cousins is just throwing the ball to no one.

Until he fixes that, Cousins won't trust him because he's throwing the ball before Doctson is even suppose to break. If Doctson doesn't break or if he gets into a break when he isn't supposed to, that's a pick alot of times.

Interesting analysis, thanks for that. Do. You think Washington's looking hard to land a WR on trade day is an indication of anything?

jacksonville is a different team this year. ball control and play defense. they've hid bortles as much as possible. unless you expect a gamescript where they will be trailing by double digits late i can't see them supporting a wr who is much more than a wr3/flex.

remaining schedule:

Cincy

Chargers

@browns

@ariz

indy

seattle

texans

@49ers

great schedule of mediocre pass defenses, but how many of those games do you think they will even need to pass the ball? maybe seattle? and thats arguably the toughest pass defense they face.

Note: I dont have westbrook...i let him clear waivers this week and sit out there a few days till another team finally grabbed him today (team that had garcon grabbed him). Maybe i'll be wrong and regret it but I can't see using him over my other wr's (crabtree/benjamin/r.anderson).

I think Bortles has earned a little more trust from the coaching staff. I also think they know they can't hide Bortles all season if they're serious about making noise in the playoffs.

It'll still be a run-first offense, but I'm guessing they want to see if DeDe can take this offense to another level.

A 180 pounds speedster, that's a 24 years old rookie joining a run first offense. I don't get the appeals, but good luck to everyone.

He's still a free agent in my league, as is Corey Davis, and I just cut Josh Doctson, and we start up to 5 WRs and have 200 players rostered in our league. I mean they're on my watch list but that's it. I have 7 WRs with 3 on bye this week. And I have 2 extra defenses and an extra IDP on my bench. What I'm saying is these guys haven't done sh!t in the NFL and I can't believe people are starting them.

A 180 pounds speedster, that's a 24 years old rookie joining a run first offense. I don't get the appeals, but good luck to everyone.

Yes, this. I'm not interested in skinny speedsters without NFL experience (or even with a lot sometimes, Marvin Harrison and TY Hilton being exceptions).

Yes, this. I'm not interested in skinny speedsters without NFL experience (or even with a lot of times, Marvin Harrison and TY Hilton being exceptions).

get back with us after this week

He's still a free agent in my league, as is Corey Davis, and I just cut Josh Doctson, and we start up to 5 WRs and have 200 players rostered in our league. I mean they're on my watch list but that's it. I have 7 WRs with 3 on bye this week. And I have 2 extra defenses and an extra IDP on my bench. What I'm saying is these guys haven't done sh!t in the NFL and I can't believe people are starting them.

In my league, we roster 180 players, and all 3 or rostered. Do you start 3 IDPs or something?

I sure as hell wouldn't be rostering 3 defenses over any of Corey Davis, Doctson, or Dede Westbrook.

You obviously have some crazy defensive scoring if people are doing that in your league.

Thinking about dropping Mixion or Henery for DEDE I need a WR bad.

Mixon ????????????????????????????????? that's a good one

• Like 1

In my league, we roster 180 players, and all 3 or rostered. Do you start 3 IDPs or something?

Just one but Bobby Wagner missed practice the last 2 days and I don't want to cut him. And we do start 2 defenses and I have both Eagles and Chiefs on bye next week and wanted to get the last 2 defenses with good matchups week 10 and in the playoff weeks on my team (Bears and Packers). I think some in my league are a little slow to cut players they should give up on by now though.

I sure as hell wouldn't be rostering 3 defenses over any of Corey Davis, Doctson, or Dede Westbrook.

You obviously have some crazy defensive scoring if people are doing that in your league.

We do, if you start a poor defense against a good offense you can get negative points as the other team scores points and accumulates yards. Also, I don't need them, I have 7 WRs and they are Brandin Cooks, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, DeSean Jackson, Devante Parker, and Will Fuller.

In my league we start 7000 WRs and 120.5 RBs and we actually asked Yahoo to remove Dede from our free agent pool so no one could pick him up.

In my league we start 7000 WRs and 120.5 RBs and we actually asked Yahoo to remove Dede from our free agent pool so no one could pick him up.

:thumbsup:

Got sucked into the hype, benched Robby Anderson tonight for Dede.

Not with confidence

Man, I hate it when that happens. Hopefully, DeDe will do something for you. I am the engineer on the Westbrook train.....but let's not get carried away his first game back.

Man, I hate it when that happens. Hopefully, DeDe will do something for you. I am the engineer on the Westbrook train.....but let's not get carried away his first game back.

I thought the Bills defense was going to be tougher on Robby Anderson and the Jets. :doh:

So everyone is moving away from the conventional FF wisdom that 3rd year is the breakout year for WRs?

I have. What 3rd year wide receiver has really broken out this year, and improved from where he was a year ago? The only ones you can make an argument for are Agholor and Diggs. I'd say everyone else is pretty much who they were last year. The way college and even high schools run their offenses, wide receivers are coming into the league with a lot more experience than ever before. Early round draft picks are expected to make an immediate impact. It's gotten to the point where if they haven't done anything by year three, they're more of a bust candidate than a breakout.