Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

In news that shocks no one -Roseanne

Whataboutism......It's a beautiful weapon to hold in the back pocket because it can be applied in almost any situation throughout history, and it requires no actual defending of the act in question.

If we applied Whataboutism universally, we now have enough history built up so that no action should ever be taken about any event ever again. I love it.

Thats all politics is anymore. Uh oh, we have a butthurt storm, lets redirect it over there for a while.

The American electorate is like a group of dogs staring at a focking laser pointer.

My favorite one is this. Call someone a person of color? Totally acceptable. Call them a colored person? People go Apeshit.

That's funny and I never thought about that

My favorite one is this. Call someone a person of color? Totally acceptable. Call them a colored person? People go Apeshit.

It is an order of operations thing. I was told this one a long time ago, so it is not a new thing. Whichever label you put first, higher emphasis is placed on it by the people in the conversation.

For example, you are supposed to say during an introduction of your wife, "This is <insert name here>, my wife", instead of "this is my wife <insert name here>".

I still think that it is bullshit, but it is not a new snowflake thing.

bigot, no ?

Dunno I dont regularly watch him. Whats your point, other than deflecting? Maybe pick better people to go to bat for.

Dunno I dont regularly watch him. Whats your point, other than deflecting? Maybe pick better people to go to bat for.

how do you feel about the N word?

how do you feel about the N word?

Not great. How do you feel about bigots who dont support your favorite president?

Not great. How do you feel about bigots who dont support your favorite president?

I really don't care about them

I really don't care about them

You only carry water for bigots if they voted Trump. Cool.

You only carry water for bigots if they voted Trump. Cool.

and you only carry water for bigots and racists if they are anti trump. Tie! Cool

and you only carry water for bigots and racists if they are anti trump. Tie! Cool

Link?

Thats all politics is anymore. Uh oh, we have a butthurt storm, lets redirect it over there for a while.

The American electorate is like a group of dogs staring at a focking laser pointer.

Exactly. And the people who are laughing their way all the way to the bank are, well, the people laughing their way all the way to the bank. That's what the fock is happening.

It is an order of operations thing. I was told this one a long time ago, so it is not a new thing. Whichever label you put first, higher emphasis is placed on it by the people in the conversation.

For example, you are supposed to say during an introduction of your wife, "This is <insert name here>, my wife", instead of "this is my wife <insert name here>".

I still think that it is bullshit, but it is not a new snowflake thing.

Bill burr does a bit on this. If you say, I saw this Asian motherfocker, no problem. But if you say, I saw this motherfocking Asian, people think youre Hitler.

• Like 1

The Connors- The Roseanne spinoff.

Did anyone watch the new series tonight on ABC? Roseanne was killed off via a drug overdose. John Goodman's acting was good.

Will not watch. Will not support any SJW initiatives. Firing Roseanne supports SJW bullsh!t.

Only watched a bit of it before she was killed, won't watch now. The cast shouldn't have gone on without her, she made them what they are.

Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a "C{u}nt" on television. She got a slap on the wrist and a get back to work pat on the back.

• Like 1

Tangential....recently was channel surfing and noticed that the new rendition of Charmed was on. In the past I would always check in to see what Alyssa Milano was wearing, if it was hot I might stay for a bit, otherwise would just move on.

First impression was meh.....the three they chose are less than hot, but gave it a chance in the hope that maybe they gave it some grittiness or dark undertones or something. Discovered that it will be devoted to the SJW #metoo excrement.... the three were certainly chosen for their minority status and the show was acutely pointed at the "white men are evil" bullsh!t

Another one, that I will completely avoid. Easy candidate for eventual cancellation.

• Like 1

The Connors- The Roseanne spinoff.

Did anyone watch the new series tonight on ABC? Roseanne was killed off via a drug overdose. John Goodman's acting was good.

I admit, I was curious.......caught about 15 minutes of it.

Verdict: bad, very bad... show won't see 2019.

Didnt like it that much WITH Roseanne--not at all interested in it now.

I have ZERO interest in a TV Show that deals with politics...from either side. I want to be entertained. Now I know most of you here are entertained by politics and I respect that, but I want no part of that crap in my television choices.

Never watched any incarnation of this trash. Never will.

On a related note, anybody who thinks Roseanne made the other actors in the series? Doesn't understand how television works.

Especially back when Roseanne first got her gig. Every Network on TV was scouring the strip mall comedy shops for the next big thing. Every comedian who could put together 6 minutes of material had their own Network show.

The smart producers were the ones who realized that not even the Best comedian could carry a show long-term on his or her own. So, he or she was surrounded by an exceptional cast.

Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, John Goodman and begrudgingly, the dude that went on to the other horrible sitcom Johnny Galecki, all have had careers that ran circles around Roseanne.

It wasn't Rosanne that discovered them. And it damn sure wasn't Roseanne that made them what they are today. All you have to do is look at the 99.9% of other sitcoms that have come and gone where supporting actors are never heard from again.

• Like 1

Un a related note, anybody who thinks Roseanne made the other actors in the series? Doesn't understand how television works.

Especially back when Roseanne first got her gig. Every Network on TV was scaring the strip mall comedy shops for the next big thing. Every comedian who could put together 6 minutes of material had their own ###### Network show.

The smart producers were the ones who realized that not even the Best comedian could carry a show long-term on his or her own. So, he or she was surrounded by an exceptional cast.

Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, John Goodman and begrudgingly, the dude that went on to the other horrible sitcom Johnny Galecki, all have had careers that ran circles around Roseanne.

It wasn't Rosanna that discovered them. And it damn sure wasn't Roseanne that made them what they are today. All you have to do is look at the 99.9% of other sitcoms that have come and gone where supporting actors are never heard from again.

I agree that the original Roseanne had the best producers in the history of sitcoms. But lets not think for a second that the original show or a reboot without her has any shot of success.

I think they should add a couple other liberal women and have them spend more time at the kitchen table just talking. I can see that working.

I agree that the original Roseanne had the best producers in the history of sitcoms. But lets not think for a second that the original show or a reboot without her has any shot of success.

I don't.

While I'm not a huge fan of reboots, that's the curmudgeon in me talking. A lot of them like Magnum I will begrudgingly admit aren't bad at all.

Will & Grace hit the ground running. Never missed a beat. Like the show or not, you have to admit that. And yes respect that. The writing still very very good there.

The other show that I think could hit the ground running very easily as a reboot with the original cast mostly is Frasier. Niles is pound-for-pound probably the most talented individual on either Coast. Physical comedy, dialogue, you name it. Just fantastic. Sadly, the dad passed away not too long ago. But he's pretty quickly replaceable.

Ratings a lot lower than Roseanne premiere

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/17/conners-ratings-vs-roseanne/

ABC’s Roseanne-without-Roseanne spin-off The Conners couldn’t come anywhere close to the blockbuster premiere rating of its predecessor, yet still had a very strong number that led Tuesday night in the ratings.

The debut airing delivered 10.5 million viewers and a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49.

That’s down 55 percent from the premiere of Roseanne last spring, but was on par with Roseanne‘s finale and even managed to edge out NBC’s This Is Us for the night.

When Roseanne returned on ABC earlier last March, the first episode delivered a staggering 18.2 million viewers and a 5.1 rating among adults 18-49 in the overnight Nielsens. The series then fell from that height and its finale concluded with 10.3 million viewers and a 2.4 rating.

ABC did not expect Roseanne premiere-level numbers, of course. Internal industry marketing research suggested audience interest in the spin-off was tracking about half that of viewer interest in Roseanne before its return.

The episode, titled “Keep on Trucking,” confirmed previous reports that Roseanne Conner died of an opioid overdose. Roseanne Barr didn’t much appreciate that plot twist, saying in a statement that the “opioid overdose lent an unnecessary grim and morbid dimension to an otherwise happy family show.”

ABC has had some rough sledding this season. The network understandably axed its top comedy Roseanne due to Barr’s tweets in May but also less understandably canceled Last Man Standing — which Fox picked up and is now using it to easily pummel every other show on Friday night. In the overall ratings so far this fall, ABC has slipped into fourth place behind Fox (and that’s even if you take the sports coverage that boosts ABC’s rivals out of the equation). Among ABC’s other Tuesday premieres was Nathan Fillion’s promising drama The Rookie (5.4 million, 1.0 rating) which came in second to NBC’s New Amsterdam.

Still, The Conners should help matters, at least in the short term. If this was any other new comedy premiere, last night’s numbers would be a total home run. ABC sent out a release Wednesday morning touting The Conners as “as TV’s top new comedy debut this season” — though that “new” should obviously come with air quotes around it. There’s a big question mark moving forward in terms of how many The Conners viewers are merely curious about how Roseanne Barr’s character was killed off and how the family reacts vs. how many are actually interested in sticking with the show.

Gave the reboot 15 minutes when it first aired, had no interest in seeing the reboot spinoff wtf it is

Watched the first 4 minutes.

1. Opiod addiction is SO trendy.

2. Do you think whomever the Black chick is would EVER come back once she left that cracker box?

3. Dan is distractingly thin. Worryingly so.

4. I miss Sarah Chalke. :wub:

Ratings: “The Conners” Beaten By Everything, Drops in Total Viewers and Demo as ABC Orders Only 1 More Episode

https://www.showbiz411.com/2018/10/31/ratings-the-conners-beaten-by-everything-drops-in-total-viewers-and-demo-as-abc-orders-only-1-more-episode

“The Conners” dropped in everything last night–total viewers, key demo. In the nightly ratings battle. the “Roseanne” spin off continues to trend downward.

Last night, “The Conners” was beaten by everything- “NCIS,” “The Voice,” etc. This was their first really objective run, no World Series, nothing to distract potential viewers.

But the key demo sank, which isn’t a good sign. And the total viewers were down by 180K, which is a lot, frankly. People are leaving and they’re not coming back.

ABC has ordered 1 extra episode to the original order of 10. Sounds to me like a finale. Someone wakes up and says they dreamt Roseanne died. There’s a cackle from the next room. Fade to black.

Excellent. I feel bad for the other actors, they did nothing wrong, but SJW's care nothing about that. They would gladly sacrifice the others to feed their desire for vengeance.

If the broadcasting company were to fail next, that would be sweet justice as well. All the exec's involved with the capitulation to the mob should end up in meth-tents under an overpass, since vengeance is ok, I can make that wish, right?

Watched the first 4 minutes.

1. Opiod addiction is SO trendy.

2. Do you think whomever the Black chick is would EVER come back once she left that cracker box?

3. Dan is distractingly thin. Worryingly so.

4. I miss Sarah Chalke. :wub:

You ever read a post and think "man, I totally agree with that guys take!"

...and then look up and realize its your post?

🤔

As for surprise announcement, someone is preggers.

They stole that from Modern Family. That was the storyline for them last week.

Too many random ovaries on that show for it to be anything else.

Looks like they are going all out to save this show :lol:

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/11/20/katey-sagal-to-visit-the-conners/23594800/

WHile in the end I will feel bad for the actors, the company deserves to lose as much money as possible on this, shame on them for giving in to leftists..

Looks like they are going all out to save this show :lol:

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/11/20/katey-sagal-to-visit-the-conners/23594800/

WHile in the end I will feel bad for the actors, the company deserves to lose as much money as possible on this, shame on them for giving in to leftists..

If they bring her in as Gemma, she will take a meat cleaver to half of the cast.

I'm cool with that.

They all should've said they aren't doing the show without Roseanne, I don't feel bad for any of them.