Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

D'onta Foreman arrested for weapons and drugs

The rookie RB for the Texans got off to a rocky start in his career as he was arrested on weapons charges and drug charges

Both are misdemeanors but a suspension is certainly coming

Knock him down a few notches if he was on your draft sheet

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20080957/donta-foreman-houston-texans-arrested-marijuana-possession-weapon-charges

Sorry, forgot about the thread for arrests

delete this one

No worries polecatt. This one deserves it's own thread. Here's a statement from Foreman's attorney...

"D'Onta was arrested by the University of Texas Police Department earlier today. He had traveled to Austin to visit friends. As he was leaving their residence, he was approached by police. Prior to a search of his vehicle, D'Onta alerted the officer that he had a handgun inside of his vehicle. This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name. The handgun was properly secured inside of his vehicle as required by Texas law.

"A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana. Upon making his bond, he will submit to a urinalysis to confirm he has not used marijuana.

"D'Onta appreciates the professionalism of the officers involved in his arrest and in his booking at the Travis County Jail. We are confident this matter will be resolved justly once the State of Texas applies the applicable law to the facts."

Six other men were arrested at the scene for possession of marijuana.

I doubt any charges will stick on D'onta Foreman and a suspension is far from a guaranteed certainty.

As an owner of Lamar Smith in a keeper league I see Foreman as a legit threat to take the job if Lamar goes down with injury. Blue and Ervin have proven to be average at best.

This is still a red flag. D'onta grew up in Texas city, went to the university of Texas, and was drafted by the Texans in the third round. He has not left home and has not learned to ditch the negative crowd that will cling on to him. Hopefully this will be a growing up moment for him.

Doak Walker Award winner in 2016. He broke Earl Campbell's record at the university of Texas with 12 straight 100 yard game. Foreman is on my radar in all leagues so hopefully this news does drop him down a few rounds where the value will be greater.

• Like 1

Six other men were arrested at the scene for possession of marijuana.

I doubt any charges will stick on D'onta Foreman and a suspension is far from a guaranteed certainty.

As an owner of Lamar Smith in a keeper league I see Foreman as a legit threat to take the job if Lamar goes down with injury. Blue and Ervin have proven to be average at best.

This is still a red flag. D'onta grew up in Texas city, went to the university of Texas, and was drafted by the Texans in the third round. He has not left home and has not learned to ditch the negative crowd that will cling on to him. Hopefully this will be a growing up moment for him.

Doak Walker Award winner in 2016. He broke Earl Campbell's record at the university of Texas with 12 straight 100 yard game. Foreman is on my radar in all leagues so hopefully this news does drop him down a few rounds where the value will be greater.

I think he will drop on peoples draft boards. the only question I have is by how much?

If what Foreman says is true im not sure why it drops him any. Urinalysis shouldnt take but a few days, but yea he should get rid of the baggage.

If Foreman's accounts are true (via his attorney), then he handled the situation perfectly and I don't believe any disciplinary actions should or will be taken by the justice system or the NFL. In fact, if the story is correct, it should be used as the model on how to handle a situation when the only thing you are personally guilty of is a standard traffic violation.