Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Favorite draft position this year

What do you view as your favorite draft position for this year? I feel like being late in the 1st and close to the turn will be my preference because I feel like there will be some talent that falls.

I could see 2 QBs and 3 WRs go in the first round in my league.

I like 4 and 5. I've been a fan of loading up on WR. My recent draft from the 4 spot I took Brown, Cobb and Hopkins with my first three picks.

Either 2 or 3. Or (let's say 12 man league) 10 or 11. I like the quick turn around

I like 4 and 5. I've been a fan of loading up on WR. My recent draft from the 4 spot I took Brown, Cobb and Hopkins with my first three picks.

What do your RBs look like?

What do your RBs look like?

Andre Ellington

Jonathan Stewart

LeGarrette Blount

David Johnson

Alfred Blue

Andre Ellington

Jonathan Stewart

LeGarrette Blount

David Johnson

Alfred Blue

You know your supposed to draft some rbs that play football right?

• Like 1

You know your supposed to draft some rbs that play football right?

I take it you don't approve of my team?

I take it you don't approve of my team?

Just not the rbs. Im sure if you catch a break somewhre they will be fine, its still early.

That's a big roll of the dye. I have guys in my league that piece together starting RBs...some years they do well and some they don't but that goes for any method.

Curious what RBS you passed on? Was this a set theory or were you drafting BPA?

Really tough question since there are so many formats we all draft with team size, roster requirements etc.. This year I drew the 8th spot in my 10 team home league, which I like I should be able to land two very good RB's and set up my team from there. I would say with earlier picks 1-4 its max value with little risk since you have such a long way til pick 2, the later you are in round 1 the more risk I am personally comfortable taking..

That's a big roll of the dye. I have guys in my league that piece together starting RBs...some years they do well and some they don't but that goes for any method.

Curious what RBS you passed on? Was this a set theory or were you drafting BPA?

Since it's a 1 point PPR league I wanted to take the best three WRs to start off. I figured I would then grab a bunch of other RBs and hope one or two of them have some big weeks. It's a best ball format and only need to start two RBs whereas I can have four WRs starting. It all depends on who scores highest that week. I also got two good QBs with Ryan and Brady. I drafted three TEs since a second TE can be used as a Flex. If I have two of my TEs light it up one week I can use them both.

Just not the rbs. Im sure if you catch a break somewhre they will be fine, its still early.

Ya think? :blink:

If we are going off of ff calculator ADP I like the 6th spot. The first 6 picks could be Foster, Gronk, Gore, Andre Johnson, Bryant and Cam. I know things won't fall out that way but that would be a strong base for a team.

If we are going off of ff calculator ADP I like the 6th spot. The first 6 picks could be Foster, Gronk, Gore, Andre Johnson, Bryant and Cam. I know things won't fall out that way but that would be a strong base for a team.

I would not want to take that squad into the season even a little bit.

This is not the place for rate my team posts. :sarcasm:

Im thinking a mid round pick at the end of the best rbs as usual. A top pick misses out on so many rnd 2 gems. All the top qbs and wrs will be gone by the last pick of rnd 2. A last pick is usually one of my favs but that rb pool is more top heavy than ever. going QB, wr then wingign it at rb was great a couple years ago but man thats risky this year. I always want ot come out of rnd 2 with 2 top 5 players at dif positions.

12 PPR

10 standard

10 PPR

Hoping to get mid picks. Haven't looked at the lists for 'elite' players, but have no problem taking the last eRB, eWR, eQB with my first 2 picks, then going for value and picking up complements (guys who have softer matchups when my midrounders are off or facing tough DEF).

I'm fine with the end of round, only hopinig to avoid Top 3.

Somewhere I recall and generally agreeing w Doug Orth's comment that there is a drop off after the first 15 players. If that's still true ideally you like to grab 2 out of that group

Idk about that. There are a lot of good players going late 2nd early third. Nelson, jeffery, cobb. Well at least in MFL. I guess thats a little different.

In a recliner with favorite craft brew in hand.

• Like 2

In a 12-team standard league snake draft, I like the 11th and 12th slot.

Going WR-WR (D. Thomas / Dez Bryant or Odell Beckham) would be tempting, and then picking up RB-RB in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

I always love the turn. I've inquired about trading back because I hate the gap between 4th overall and the 2nd/3rd round picks where I currently sit. It seems most people like it.....

In a 12-team standard league snake draft, I like the 11th and 12th slot.

Going WR-WR (D. Thomas / Dez Bryant or Odell Beckham) would be tempting, and then picking up RB-RB in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Takes a lot of faith in your tier lists. You will be unhappy with your rbs guaranteed. I am never happy unless I get at LEAST 3 startable rbs and usually a 4th with high upside or a play away from RB1 status like Alfred Blue for example. Then I need an RB 5 lotto ticket as well.

Takes a lot of faith in your tier lists. You will be unhappy with your rbs guaranteed. I am never happy unless I get at LEAST 3 startable rbs and usually a 4th with high upside or a play away from RB1 status like Alfred Blue for example. Then I need an RB 5 lotto ticket as well.

For me I prefer to have 3 WR1 on my team but I generally always play in a .5 PPR that can start up to 4 WRs. All I usually care about is getting 2 RBs that can perform and then a bunch of later RBs that hopefully get a chance. This is what I did last year and my WRs were great but I also had the help of Luck as my QB. He may have been the biggest steal of my draft last year.

Just so you know, I was pretty unhappy with my RBs but my my WRs made up for it.

Wherever i can get calvin johnson in round 2. So far in mfl he has not made it to me in the second yet. He went at 2.06 in my last draft.

I agree with this. I'm a RB slut and it's just really hard to pass on volume backs in the early rounds. I'm sitting at 4 and I am not sure who I will pick but it'll probably be a RB and another in the late 2nd.

...and I'm keeping J. Hill already.

Leagues I am in are now all PPR leagues so I look at WR first round more than ever before

Leagues I am in are now all PPR leagues so I look at WR first round more than ever before

So is everyone else. Zig when everyone else zags if your top guys dont fall into your lap. ppr is even more important to get rbs since they catch passes as well.

So is everyone else. Zig when everyone else zags if your top guys dont fall into your lap. ppr is even more important to get rbs since they catch passes as well.

No that's not true . I know a lot of people who still go Rb first on a PPR league , guys like Bell and Charles and catch a lot of passes they just feel more comfortable doing so . I look at WR more in the first round but I don't always go WR in the first round . Need to fully look at the post .

I agree with this. I'm a RB slut and it's just really hard to pass on volume backs in the early rounds. I'm sitting at 4 and I am not sure who I will pick but it'll probably be a RB and another in the late 2nd.

...and I'm keeping J. Hill already.

This. I have always been partial to the RBs when it comes to drafting. That being said, I think the way the game is being played makes WRs more valuable. Last years winner of my two leagues both took WR/WR in the first two rounds

This. I have always been partial to the RBs when it comes to drafting. That being said, I think the way the game is being played makes WRs more valuable. Last years winner of my two leagues both took WR/WR in the first two rounds

You cant say they are more valuable. I am sure those winners landed a rb in the mid, later rounds, or off the ww to make their team champions. The stud main carry rb is more valuable, its just that receivers are a little more safe.

You cant say they are more valuable. I am sure those winners landed a rb in the mid, later rounds, or off the ww to make their team champions. The stud main carry rb is more valuable, its just that receivers are a little more safe.

Oh I'm not saying they are more valuable. Just stating what the winners in my two leagues last year had the first 2 rounds.

For me, I don't think I'll ever be able to pass up a stud RB. But if I get stuck with all of them being gone by the time my turn comes I won't be upset if I pick a WR with my first two choices if that's the best players on the board at the time. I would just prefer a RB