Embattled Fox News host Bill O'Reilly announced on Tuesday that he will be going off the air for almost two weeks, to take a vacation.The anchor's announcement comes amid an ongoing controversy over sexual harassment allegations made against him and a new report that James Murdoch wants him out of the company for good.The claims prompted 60 sponsors to drop their advertising deals with the prime time show and led to an internal investigation.Four network sources told New York Magazine that it's possible O'Reilly's getaway could turn into a permanent vacation.The Murdoch family, the owners of Fox, are reportedly split on what to do about O'Reilly. Rupert Murdoch and his eldest son Lachlan are said to be inclined to keep O'Reilly, while younger son James - the CEO of 21st Century Fox - wants to give him the boot.James also pushed to fire Roger Ailes amid last summer's sex scandal, and sources think he could be successful in weeding out O'Reilly this time around.'The assumption is that he’ll exit in a non-embarrassing way,' one senior Fox News staffer told the magazine.O'Reilly declined to share where he was heading, but has launched an online contest for fans to vote on where they think his vacation destination is. He made the point that the time off was voluntary.Announcing the break at the end of Tuesday's show, O'Reilly made a point of saying it was planned and long in the works. He said he will return April 24.Around this time of year, 'I grab some vacation, because it's spring and Easter time. Last fall, I booked a trip that should be terrific,' he said.The exodus of sponsors followed a recent report in The New York Times that five women were paid a total of $13 million to keep quiet about harassment allegations.The accusations surrounding O'Reilly, which date back 15 years, include claims of dirty phone calls, unwanted kisses and hotel room invites.O'Reilly and 21st Century Fox reportedly paid a sum of $13million to Rachel Bernstein, Andrea Mackris, Rebecca Diamond, Laurie Dhue and Juliet Huddy - all of whom either worked with him or appeared on his show.Four of the cases involved sexual harassment, while Bernstein received a settlement for verbal abuse.In addition to the five women, Wendy Walsh, a former O'Reilly Factor guest, along with Andrea Tantaros, a former Fox News host, also accused the 67-year-old of inappropriate behavior.They did not receive pay outs, and Tantaros is currently in a legal battle with Fox News and former CEO Roger Ailes, who was forced to resign in July after another sexual harassment scandal.The amount of advertising time by paying customers on 'The O'Reilly Factor' has been cut by more than half since the Times report, according to an analysis issued Tuesday by Kantar Media.But O'Reilly, cable TV news' most popular personality, hasn't been abandoned by his audience. His show averaged 3.7 million viewers over five nights last week, up 12 percent from the 3.3 million he averaged the week before and up 28 percent compared to the same week in 2016.'O'Reilly Factor' drew an average of just under 4 million viewers for the first three months of 2017, his biggest quarter ever in the show's 20-year history.On Tuesday, the host offered his audience some general advice.'If you can possibly take two good trips a year, it will refresh your life. We all need R&R. Put it to good use,' O'Reilly said.