Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

How Late Night Television fueled the rise of Trump

Great article from The Atlantic which is spot on IMO. As a voter who was against Trump but dislike the snot nosed, riding a high horse, leftist liberal Hollywood elitist, and Gen Y snowflakes even worse, this article is right up my alley.

Late Night Television is unwatchable, it's worse than the Kardashians. One Trick Ponies at this point.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/how-late-night-comedy-alienated-conservatives-made-liberals-smug-and-fueled-the-rise-of-trump/521472/

My boss is die-hard conservative. He believes media moguls and Obama would get together and try to think of ways to destroy the US. That's not an exaggeration.

I tried to explain to him the reason there are so many bad news stories about Trump is because he's incredible click-bait. They'd cover any news story that sells, no matter what side of the political isle.

But he didn't buy it. "Every news station is biased, every newspaper is biased, and the entire internet is biased - especially Google (so even don't bother checking his supposed facts). The only place you'll hear the truth is Fox News."

I don't know how rich/smart people like him can be taken for such a ride. He's out of his frikin mind.

I hate snowflakes so much I voted for a mentally ill, narcissistic, nationalist, unfit jackass to run my country.

And people wonder why others think Trump fans are idiots.

I hate snowflakes so much I voted for a mentally ill, narcissistic, nationalist, unfit jackass to run my country.

Being a nationalist is a bad thing? Why?

I'm happy you got that out of your system. Any thoughts on the article itself?

I'm happy you got that out of your system. Any thoughts on the article itself?

Was it any different than your post where you let other people's thoughts decide something for you rather than that person's own merit?

Similar as fools who think that people calling Trump supporters dumb gained him more support.

Wait. Wut?

For the record I tried. I really did.

I'll go back on hiatus now from "political" threads. It's just not safe to become dumber here whilst trying to engage.

Great article from The Atlantic which is spot on IMO. As a voter who was against Trump but dislike the snot nosed, riding a high horse, leftist liberal Hollywood elitist, and Gen Y snowflakes even worse, this article is right up my alley.

Late Night Television is unwatchable, it's worse than the Kardashians. One Trick Ponies at this point.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/how-late-night-comedy-alienated-conservatives-made-liberals-smug-and-fueled-the-rise-of-trump/521472/

It was interesting read but I feel it doesn't but I think as far as it giving fuel to Trumps rise it takes away from the substantive issues that actually led to it. And the hit pieces the likes of Samantha Bee does are played out and obvious at this point. But it's comfort food for the left.

Wait. Wut?

For the record I tried. I really did.

I'll go back in hiatus now from "political" threads. It's just not safe to become dumber here whilst trying to engage.

It may be impossible for you to become any dumber.

It may be impossible for you to become any dumber.

:sigh:

The article isn't trying to sway you to vote or think any certain way from a political POV, rather a piece on how...............awe fock it. I'm not wasting my time.

:lol:

My boss is die-hard conservative. He believes media moguls and Obama would get together and try to think of ways to destroy the US. That's not an exaggeration.

I tried to explain to him the reason there are so many bad news stories about Trump is because he's incredible click-bait. They'd cover any news story that sells, no matter what side of the political isle.

But he didn't buy it. "Every news station is biased, every newspaper is biased, and the entire internet is biased - especially Google (so even don't bother checking his supposed facts). The only place you'll hear the truth is Fox News."

I don't know how rich/smart people like him can be taken for such a ride. He's out of his frikin mind.

He's right. Everything is biased, including fox. Google is getting really really bad though.

Well, let's see. He is rich and smart. I'm presuming you aren't rich or as successful. Is it possible he isn't the one being taken for a ride? :dunno:

• Like 1

Well, let's see. He is rich and smart. I'm presuming you aren't rich or as successful. Is it possible he isn't the one being taken for a ride? :dunno:

Perhaps, but when he swears Iraq had those WMD's, but secretly shipped them all to Syria, I have to question his honesty / intelligence.

The article isn't trying to sway you to vote or think any certain way from a political POV, rather a piece on how...............awe fock it. I'm not wasting my time.

psst...on how idiots like you blame other people for you supporting a jackhole like Trump.

He's right. Everything is biased, including fox. Google is getting really really bad though.

No...he isn't right.

Serious question. I'm not a big tech/internet person, and I don't doubt that it may be true, but how is Google getting out of hand?

Perhaps, but when he swears Iraq had those WMD's,

I'd say to ask the 50k + dead Kurds about this. Oh wait...you can't :(

Nothing helped Trump more than the DNC rigging the primaries for Hillary. She was a terrible candidate and is a terrible human.

Smart people know this and voted the lesser of 2 evils.

Thank you DNC and dumb fock Hillary supporters.

:cheers:

Pretty solid showing of the Lonely Trolls here.

WMD? Jesus.

BTW, I don't care the relationship. Don't ever talk to your boss about politics .

Nothing helped Trump more than the DNC rigging the primaries for Hillary. She was a terrible candidate and is a terrible human.

Smart people know this and voted the lesser of 2 evils.

Thank you DNC and dumb fock Hillary supporters.

:cheers:

This

This

Other than Trump proving he isn't the lesser of any evils. He is everything bad Hillary was...yet also completely clueless about the job and how to govern.

Other than Trump proving he isn't the lesser of any evils. He is everything bad Hillary was...yet also completely clueless about the job and how to govern.

Well he is the greater of the 2 evils but he ran a populist campaign and that is what was going to win this election. Clinton ran completely on a I'm not Trump platform and believe it or not people actually wanted the issues discussed.

I still stand by the thinking Bernie would have best Trump soundly

Article/book came out just yesterday. The clintons were good at one thing for sure for a long time which was campaigning. They had it down to a freaking science. But this book is all about what a shitshow entire campaign was. And the big part of it was Hilarys just arrogance and disconnect. She couldn't understand why people liked Bernie so much and not her.

Basically, she thought the Democratic crown and therefore the presidency was her god-given right.

If we are going to point to one thing that got Trump elected, it was just the absolute incompetence of the Hillary campaign. The Dems should have beaten this clown Handily.

But they forgot that it wasn't the nineteen-nineties anymore.

Serious question. I'm not a big tech/internet person, and I don't doubt that it may be true, but how is Google getting out of hand?

They were altering organic search results up until the election.

Here watch this: http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/06/10/google-helping-hillary-clinton-skewing-search-results

It seems small, but considering there are over 3 billion Google searches each day, you can see how it can become a problem with the masses.

I work with Google/Adwords/Analytics/My Business all day everyday, I am absolutely sure they are doing this. And it sucks because they are so compartmentalized you can't call anyone out.

He's right. Everything is biased,

fact not opinion

I think the point of the article is pretty solid. It's not terribly well written but I do support the argument that many of these shows not only try to tell you what to think but also call you a idiot, loser, etc if you don't agree with them.

I find a certain unsubtle irony that is nonetheless lost on our poor Trumpsters and Faux Fiends.

They spend about half their time lambasting the whiny 'libruhls' who just HAVE to be 'victims' all the time.

...And then spend the other half of the time talking about how the big bad world is lined up against them.

The irony is rich and redolent - yet seemingly opaque to them.

• Like 1

The election was a complete repudiation of Barack Obama: his fantasy world of political correctness, the politicization of the Justice Department and the I.R.S., an out-of-control E.P.A., his neutering of the military, his nonsupport of the police and his fixation on things like transgender bathrooms.

The election was a complete repudiation of Barack Obama: his fantasy world of political correctness, the politicization of the Justice Department and the I.R.S., an out-of-control E.P.A., his neutering of the military, his nonsupport of the police and his fixation on things like transgender bathrooms.

Just what part of the military dodge neuter?

Was he actually fixated in bathrooms (no...he wasn't...it was a tiny issue of his presidency)

Also...what has Trump done to change this? His presidency thus far has been a repudiation of what he campaigned on. He simply can't do much of any what he campaigned on.

And he has accepted many of Obamas policies that he was most vocal against. The good of it all is that he simply can't do the stuff he thought he could.

Google changes their predictive algorithm to show some candidates in a good light and other in a bad light.

Google changed the definition of fascism from being left wing to being right wing

Google edits its trending feed to remove conservative articles including wikileaks

Go to google and type in "Hillary Clinton is w" and see what you get. Do the same thing for bing, yahoo, duckduckgo etc...

Google will edit their home page to highlight Islamic traditions and random people nobody has ever heard of. But nothing for Easter or Flag day

Here is a great artile about some of the ways Google attemped to rig the election in Hillary's favor: https://sputniknews.com/us/201609121045214398-google-clinton-manipulation-election/

Its funny.....we lap up the Everyman approach by late night hosts by which we see candidates for the most powerful office in the world yuck it up while glossing over more serious questions about their past and their ideologies. We chuckle when they dumb down the Presidency because hey, these guys are just like you and me. It's ok for the media to call us dumb as long as they don't single anyone out according to their political beliefs.

But when cable entertainment news runs stories that try to walk that tightrope between information and entertainment we get offended because it comes off as arrogant? The author seems confused. Media/tainment is well within bounds to make fun of Trump because he's Trump but when doing that be careful not to hurt the feelings of his supporters. :rolleyes:

I watch John Oliver. I don't think he talks down to conservatives at all. He's definitely liberal in his viewpoints but by and large what I get out of his program is the idiocy by which the media and government and other institutions operate. It's not so much a left right thing as it is a smart dumb thing. And a lot of how the world operates is dumb. If people take offense to that, it says a lot more about them than Oliver.

Just what part of the military dodge neuter?

Was he actually fixated in bathrooms (no...he wasn't...it was a tiny issue of his presidency)

Also...what has Trump done to change this? His presidency thus far has been a repudiation of what he campaigned on. He simply can't do much of any what he campaigned on.

And he has accepted many of Obamas policies that he was most vocal against. The good of it all is that he simply can't do the stuff he thought he could.

Bit by bit, Trump methodically undoing Obama policies

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89ae8247abe8493fae24405546e9a1aa/Article_2017-04-03-US--Trump-Undoing%20Obama/id-c4fa9fa659394514aa645a7cfd3c31ed

• Like 1

Google changes their predictive algorithm to show some candidates in a good light and other in a bad light.

Google changed the definition of fascism from being left wing to being right wing

Google edits its trending feed to remove conservative articles including wikileaks

Go to google and type in "Hillary Clinton is w" and see what you get. Do the same thing for bing, yahoo, duckduckgo etc...

Google will edit their home page to highlight Islamic traditions and random people nobody has ever heard of. But nothing for Easter or Flag day

Here is a great artile about some of the ways Google attemped to rig the election in Hillary's favor: https://sputniknews.com/us/201609121045214398-google-clinton-manipulation-election/

When did they do that? First I heard, I believe you but damn didn't even hear that.

When did they do that? First I heard, I believe you but damn didn't even hear that.

I don't know when they changed but I was made aware of the change in February.

The Left has to lie because if they show their true identity no one would follow them. This way they get the gullible and stupid.

#orangenooner

Wow. Just wow. They control Hollywood, Pop music, and a big chunk of the news and now Fockin Google is in on it and they still get rejected. When will they wake up and put their far left insanity back in the corner?

Wow. Just wow. They control Hollywood, Pop music, and a big chunk of the news and now Fockin Google is in on it and they still get rejected. When will they wake up and put their far left insanity back in the corner?

Facebook is in on it too.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RP2_LcfRgQ

The scariest part is both of these enormous companies (Google, FB) have both taken a pledge to crack down on "fake news" uhhh.....they are going to alter the masses mind. Literally going to turn into SkyNet, watch.

its ok KSB snonuff is a special kind of snowflake