Photo

Finally, a feel good story for the day. South African hunter eaten by crocodiles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

http://www.dailymail...crocodiles.html

:first:

A South African hunter is believed to have been eaten by crocodiles after human remains were found inside two beasts.
Scott Van Zyl, 44, vanished last week after going on a hunting safari with a Zimbabwean tracker and a pack of dogs.
The father-of-two, whose company runs hunting trips for foreign clients, is thought to have been eaten by crocodiles on the banks of the Limpopo River in Zimbabwe.

The professional hunter and his tracker had left their truck and walked into the bush in different directions.
Later that day his dogs returned to the camp without Mr Van Zyl. His rifle and belongings were found inside the truck.

A rescue team of helicopters, divers and trackers combed the area while friends gave out missing posters in villages and to fishermen along the river.
Mr Van Zyl's footprints were later spotted leading to the river bank and trackers found his backpack nearby.  
Sakkie Louwrens, who was part of the search team, said police suspected two Nile crocodiles may have eaten Mr Van Zyl.
'We found what could possibly be human remains in them,' he told The Telegraph. 

Police and animal nature conservation services decided to shoot the reptiles.
The remains are being tested by forensic experts to see whether they belong to Mr Van Zyl. 
At least four people have been killed by crocodiles in Zimbabwe in the past month. 
In March, villagers cut open a crocodile and found the remains of an eight-year-old boy inside the beast.
The shocking scene was captured by an eyewitness with a smartphone in the village of Mushumbi Pools in northern Zimbabwe's Mashonaland Central Province.
Villagers suspected the crocodile had killed and eaten the young boy, and shot the animal dead. 

Zimbabwe has recently been hit by heavy rain, raising river and dam levels, which can bring crocodiles to areas where they are not normally seen.
A crocodile was recently shot dead in Beatrice, a farming community in the neighbouring province of Mashonaland East, with what were believed to be the remains of a fisherman in its stomach.  

Good job, good effort.

#2 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

I was hoping for video.

If you are going to debate me on this bulletin board,

start with this premise..

You win.  And I don't care.

#3 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

I was hoping for video.

Now THAT is a video I could watch

#4 joeshushu

joeshushu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Think the guy being an experienced big gamer what have known better.

#5 mmmmm...beer

mmmmm...beer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

In other croc news:

http://www.dailymail...-crocodile.html
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

#6 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 30,597 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

"He disagreed with something that ate him." ~ great line from one of the James Bond movies

"America is like the George Zimmerman of the world. Wandering around seeing what everyone else is up to." ~TBBOM

#7 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,720 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

And then they still kill the damn crocs.

#8 rholio

rholio

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, kind of ruins the "feel good" part of the story.

Hunting is great, you just need to remember one rule: You kill it, you eat it. Professional hunters can eat a bag of horse cacks.
Am I a good person?
No.
But, do I try to do better every day?
Also no.

#9 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

Awesome. Anyone that hunts for sport falls in the same category as people who cage full grown animals for pleasure. 

#10 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,785 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

While I agree crocs going to be crocs, once they see humans as prey without horns, hooves, etc.........they'll just eat more. Gotta train the people to be smarter.

I think it's awesome the trophy hunter got eaten though.  :doublethumbsup:

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#11 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,785 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

https://s.yimg.com/l...ae04ac3dcb02710

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#12 gocolts

gocolts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,176 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

I was hoping for video.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Go Colts!!!!

#13 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:12 AM

https://hips.hearsta...0676-crocs2.jpg

have never and will never wear those despicable things