Photo

Columbine Massacre: 18 years ago today...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,299 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Damn, hard to believe that happened so long ago...

https://en.wikipedia...School_massacre

#2 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Crazy....the book Columbine is pretty good. Long..but so sad.

18 years..man.
"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

#3 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Posty came 12 times that day

#4 FeelingMN

FeelingMN

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

Gus Van Sant made a flick, Elephant, which was based off Columbine. Worth checking out if you get the chance.
FBI Surveillance Van Technician

#5 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 41,543 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

18 years?  Wow, sad (both that I'm old and the event itself). :(

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse." -- John Stuart Mill

#6 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

Wow..I have seen a few movies and docs and read about it, but that Wikipedia article was way more detailed than anything I have seen regarding this 

If you are going to debate me on this bulletin board,

start with this premise..

You win.  And I don't care.

#7 Drizzay

Drizzay

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

I just finished my lone class for the day and started celebrating 420 when it happened.  We were glued to the TV and gave up celebrating.   :(

Tell your story walkin'!

Rev 5:5

#8 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Different era.  All of the signs were there and no one thought it was possible.  They should give seminars on Klebold and Harris in every high school.

Did the entire Obama administration use their dog's name as their password?

#9 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

I remember it well.  One of my internships was at the Napa State Hospital.  I was working at a residential treatment center for severely emotionally disturbed adolescents.     at the end of our session, we would call their parents to review progress, treatment, etc.  i would also allow a few minutes for the client to talk with family members socially (supervised).  there was a small tv in the room with the phone.  one of my clients was a supremacist from san bernadino county.  while he was catching up, i had the news on and columbine was developing.  I did not want my client to see this.  i turned off the tv.  when the session  and call were over, i walked him back to class and went back to the room to write my treatment notes and see what was going on at Columbine.  As my wife went there, I called her to advise her to turn on the tv.  just shocking, as we had been there a couple of years earlier for one of her reunions.

Challenge does not build character. Challenge reveals it.

#10 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

I was in the military at the time but my mom (and brother and sister) lived about 1/2 mile away.  My brother was using my dad's address to go to a different HS but would have been there had it used my mom's.  All I remember was being thankful for that at the time.

#11 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,753 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

At least there is proof this happened, unlike Scamdy Hoax.

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#12 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

At least there is proof this happened, unlike Scamdy Hoax.

Charlotte Bacon,
Daniel Barden,
Olivia Engel, 
Josephine Gay, 
Dylan Hockley, 
Madeleine Hsu, 
Catherine Hubbard, 
Chase Kowalski, 
Jesse Lewis, 
Ana Márquez-Greene, 
James Mattioli, 
Grace McDonnell,
Emilie Parker, 
Jack Pinto, 
Noah Pozner, 
Caroline Previdi, 
Jessica Rekos, 
Avielle Richman,
Benjamin Wheeler, 
Allison Wyatt, 

#13 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,753 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Charlotte Bacon,
Daniel Barden,
Olivia Engel, 
Josephine Gay, 
Dylan Hockley, 
Madeleine Hsu, 
Catherine Hubbard, 
Chase Kowalski, 
Jesse Lewis, 
Ana Márquez-Greene, 
James Mattioli, 
Grace McDonnell,
Emilie Parker, 
Jack Pinto, 
Noah Pozner, 
Caroline Previdi, 
Jessica Rekos, 
Avielle Richman,
Benjamin Wheeler, 
Allison Wyatt,

Yea a list of names, so sad. I can google each name and come up with multiple sources of shady stories of how the kids are either blatantly alive spotted somewhere or in shifty news stories.

Poor Dylan Pozner was killed twice, once at Sandy and again in Pakistan, how tragic. http://www.dcclothes...liban-shooting/

Dylan Hockley looks great for a zombie https://s-media-cach...cy-theories.jpg

Theres a whole treasure trove of kids spotted and tin foil sombrero sized hat goodness if you look. https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Then theres the blatant crisis actors, the dad pretending to cry then laughing off camera. Could go on and on.

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#14 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Yea a list of names, so sad. I can google each name and come up with multiple sources of shady stories of how the kids are either blatantly alive spotted somewhere or in shifty news stories.

Poor Dylan Pozner was killed twice, once at Sandy and again in Pakistan, how tragic. http://www.dcclothes...liban-shooting/

you are a sad individual :(

#15 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,679 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Theres a whole treasure trove of kids spotted and tin foil sombrero sized hat goodness if you look. https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Then theres the blatant crisis actors, the dad pretending to cry then laughing off camera. Could go on and on.

You can't be serious. Can you?

#16 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,225 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

Holy crap dude.  I never took you for one of those looney focks.

Mine is small, but the head spins.

#17 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

You're a piece of ###### Tana.  Seriously.

#18 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,733 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

What the what?  Huh?

:unsure:

#19 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

Of only guns had been banned. This would have never happened

If you are going to debate me on this bulletin board,

start with this premise..

You win.  And I don't care.

#20 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

Of only guns had been banned. This would have never happened

If only a good guy with a gun had stopped kids who got their guns from an unlicensed seller.
"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

#21 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,753 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

You can't be serious. Can you?

It most likely happened but there's so much that doesn't make any sense and blatant evidence towards the contrary that it makes for a fun tin foil hat. Don't kill the messenger, the facts are the facts. A lot of stuff doesn't add up.

#22 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,225 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

It most likely happened but there's so much that doesn't make any sense and blatant evidence towards the contrary that it makes for a fun tin foil hat. Don't kill the messenger, the facts are the facts. A lot of stuff doesn't add up.

the one reason it couldn't possibly be a hoax is that it would only take one person to step forward and grant an interview or write a book for the whole thing to be exposed. The fact that it hasnt ver happened tells you that the conspiracy theorists are 100% wrong. To plan something this elaborate, you would need hundreds of people in on it. Hundreds of people who know that that they would become instantly rich if they decided to grant an interview to Katie Kouric blowing the lid off it. Sane with the moon landing, 9-11, and all the others.
Mine is small, but the head spins.

#23 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,753 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

the one reason it couldn't possibly be a hoax is that it would only take one person to step forward and grant an interview or write a book for the whole thing to be exposed. The fact that it hasnt ver happened tells you that the conspiracy theorists are 100% wrong. To plan something this elaborate, you would need hundreds of people in on it. Hundreds of people who know that that they would become instantly rich if they decided to grant an interview to Katie Kouric blowing the lid off it. Sane with the moon landing, 9-11, and all the others.

Yea I agree, it's way too hard to keep something like that under wraps. But there is just mountains of pics and facts and shady details that don't add up. I never doubt the moon landing or 911, I only doubt things with tangible evidence and red flags.

#24 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,299 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

9/11 was real... GFIAFP told us...

#25 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,679 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

9/11 was real... GFIAFP told us...

Well, he did run toward it when everyone else was running away.

#26 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,753 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Well, he did run toward it when everyone else was running away.

He also doused the flames with a Voss water bottle, the design of which he came up with.

#27 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51,743 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

I can say this event was one of the first things that really contributed to forming my opinion of cops in general. 

I lived and worked in Littleton at the time. 

F'ing pigs; They sat outside and cowered (I'm sorry "formed a perimeter until a supervisor could show up") WHILE kids and other innocents were being slaughtered.  And THEN sat outside and cowered while they waited for SWAT - which also sat outside an cowered until the gunfire had long since subsided. 

THEN and only then, did they go in and start marching the terrified kids out AT GUNpoint - screaing at them the whole time to keep their hands over their heads - while the shooters were long since dead. - No thanks to the pigs. 

(cue the boared chickencops - "BUT BUT they didn't know if one of THEM was the shooter!"  - shutup)

The story that doesn't get told much outside of the region is exactly how much the Sheriff destroyed evidence of their cowardice. People were starting to look at the helicopter footage of cops sitting around, literally picking their nose while active gunfire was heard inside. Most of the people locally know the stories, but it's not something the press will cover too extensively (short of a few local hitters like Westword that aren't corporate and DGAF).

Subsequent post mortems have largely changed nationwide police procedure (if not actual actions). "If you hear an active shooter, engage you cowardly dumbfock".

- You'd sort of think you wouldn't need seminars and manuals to tell you that. Maybe the part where you're armed to the teeth, covered from stem to stern in kevlar and have 20 other buddies equipped similarly might indicate you're better equipped than say, the 13 year old crying her eyes out hoping that she lives through the day.

I'm sure they'll be the usual bored slapfight from the same local chickenhawk cop-a-bees, but I'm not going to engage.

Like most of these shootings, I look at the parents. Adam Lanza got a GUN for a present to help him past his - ya know - MENTAL ISSUES?  thanks Mom.  And these parents?  One of them tried to do a 20/20 type of show a few years ago - and she, and the show were roundly crucified.  No Mom, you're NOT a victim. You're an idiot.

(And STOP with the Sandy Hoax crap you focking morons - geesus...)  

Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#28 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51,743 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

One of the biggest  - and still perpetuated  - lies/myths about Columbine was that Dylan and Eric

were "bullied". - They weren't.  If you talk to most of the kids in the school, they'll tell you that. 

BUT it fit an agenda, the media ran with it - and now the myth is the reality. 

Specially designed I guess to give every limp-wristed snowflake a built-in excuse or, 

probably just as likely, to give their idiot parents an out. Much easier to blame the victims

than look at the parents who feel like their lives shouldn't have to change one bit just 

because they're parents.   - The same people who made up the "Quality vs. Quantity" time bullshiit.

I'm out. 

Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker